Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-02-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

As for Cason yes he does have great football instincts but he is limited in terms of physical ability and potential...i look at him if anyone as a perfect cover 2 corner..while he could play other defenses he wont be nearly as succesful and by his 40 time i still question his speed and im guessing many others do..I think we may wanna lean for a more pure cover corner with the guys in our division having Bralon Edwards and Donte Stallworth on one team, Holmes and Ward on another and Ocho and Housh on another...Our divison needs stud corners thats why i want us to go in round 1..my order of preference is Jenkins, DRC, then McKelvin..with DRC almost my number one corner and most likely i will put him there as his physical potential along with the skill he showcased at the senior bowl and footwork at the combine im starting to love him as a prospect..but is more of a high risk high reward pick

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post
Kinda contradicting yourself in saying you dont want marcus howard because hes like Barnes but you do want Groves in the second who is basically the same player (as in playing style) with more off field issues..sooo not exactly sure what to take after reading that..also Marcus Howard has more physical potential then Groves and doesnt have the attitude he does and to be honest Groves is one of the guys ive basically scratched off my boards as he has a terrible attitude, praises himself, overrates himself (think DeAngelo Hall)and to me isnt worth the trouble of a day 1 pick.
Jamaal Charles should go in the second round and is an extremely underrated back and put up great numbers at Texas and has great size, speed and everything..i think he is easily gone in the second but if hes there in the third which i doubt id want him to...but when we get to the fourth i think we are down to these players: kevin smith, matt forte, steve slaton, mike hart, and an outside possibility at Chris Johnson who i would also love because as you said we could use a scat back but i think he will go higher due to his 40
where did you hear this? ive never heard anyhting like this, to be honest. Ive never even hjeard mention that groves has any character concerns whatsoever.

my comment with barnes/howard was stating that instead of taking howard, who is very similar to barnes, id rather take someone who i believe is a supoerior player in groves.

and you could be entirely right, charles would be gone in the 4th. or 3rd. i was just suggesting a differant type of back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Matt Forté before Kevin Smith. Smith's 450 carries last season worry me, and he's got 900+ over 3 years. I only saw Smith during the UT - UCF game and then the bowl game and haven't really ever seen real game time of Forté. Even still, Forté has been more of a prolific receiving back. His blocking and catching ability makes him a great 3rd down back. Smith is a good patient strong runner, with good straight line speed, but he doesn't have that wiggle or lateral quickness to get outside in the pro's on a consistent basis. Not saying Forté does, but he has the blocking and receiving skills that makes him a more ideal backup to Willis.

As for 1st round corners, DRC is actually my #1. He's always been one of my favorites, really only first because he's Antonio's cousin and he was one of my favorite players coming out that year. Anyways DRC has great height at 6'2 and while he's frail, he's insanely athletic, with unbelievable jumping ability and he's a playmaker, who can make the play on the ball and take it the distance. His combine performance, not just his 4.33 forty and the other leading athletic tests, but position drill performance was incredible. He moved quickly, cutting in and out of breaks fluidly. I'm a fan of lanky corners which is why I edge him over McKelvin, but barely. Mike Jenkins is a good player in his own right, very athletic and a good cover man. But he's got character issues and doesn't have those natural instincts that DRC and McKelvin have.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I think the Dline has to be adressed with the 2nd, or maybe if we get the 3rd round comp for Adalius (which I think is a low chance). I'm a big fan of Trevor Laws, but I don't know how well he'd fit in our defense. He's versatile and a hard nosed player, much like Kelly Gregg. James Hardy is also a good pick, but I feel our dline depth is much worse than our wideout depth. A Kelly Gregg clone to groom for the future would be good in my mind. I really like Barber at S. He'd fit perfectly on our aggressive D and will be able to make a name for himself on ST early.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Trevor Laws is gone before our second..this mock is kinda old now as marcus howard is just skyrocketing and may be a second..but a guy i do like now in the 2nd when you say DL is Calias Campbell..jack of all trades is slipping and could be there at our pick, similar to Pryce and i love drafting from the U

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post

1) Mike Jenkins | CB | USF
5'10 not the size i want but is talented but i would take LM or DRC over him

2) James Hardy | WR | Indiana
if he passes the titans & 49ers & phins & chiefs hel'l make it to us
and would be a great pick up

3) Marcus Howard | ANY | Georgia
think he will go late 2nd, packers, colts, giants

4) Kevin Smith | RB | Central Florida
think lions or bears will take him in the 3rd

5) John Sullivan | C | Notre Dame
he'll be gone by the 4th

6) Dominque Barber | S | Minnesota
good pick up

7) Ben Moffitt | ILB | USF
waY gone before the 7th round bro
i think most the people you pick we would have to be really luck to get
most of these player will be gone
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think a more realistic ravens mock would be...

1)Leodis McKlevin
2)Calais Campbell
4)Josh Johnson
5)Steve Slaton
6)Jonathon Hefney
7)Dexter Jackson

those are all pretty accurate value as of right now...slaton might be low, but i see him falling...i think thats pretty decent
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dexter Jackson will be long gone before the 7th round IMO. He was one of the better wr's at the combine.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

meh, he comes from a small school, he torched the 40 but thats about all i saw form him at the combine...it takes more then speed to make it in the big leauges. Although i definately see you point, and you could be right. I just think thats adequate value for him. But yeah, now that i think more, he will prolly go in the 4th-5th rounds
Quote:
Old 03-06-2008, 04:56 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that guy who does the comp pick predictions has us getting a 3rd(AD) a 4th(pashos) a 6th(Mughelli) and a 6/7th(Franklin).

those would be nice to get all those picks, especially the 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice, I love the fact that we traded Willis for a 3rd, and yet we still get another. Same thing with Jared Gaither, we give up a 5th and now we get a 4th. Ozzie is one smart GM.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote