Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt Champ and Boss both go to Georgia as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of these old Boss Bailey horror stories are freaking hilarious. good thread.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bleh, i already posted in another thread, so whatever.

anyone who doesn't think boss bailey represents an improvement, no matter how limited, over ian gold is an absolute, raving lunatic and should've watched a broncos game before opening their mouth.

that said, anyone who thinks boss bailey actually makes us better on defense should likely have his head checked. i'd tend to recommend children's hospital in denver, they give good cat scan.

is boss a completely horrific and worthless linebacker? sure. was ian gold possibly the worst player to ever don a jersey in the history of the nfl, a player most broncos fans would've willingly traded for nearly every player, regardless of position in the AFL? without a doubt.

But without Gold's tampa bay vacation, the donks wouldn't have gotten that compensatory pick that landed them future HOFer Maurice Clarett! How can you call him worthless?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bleh, i already posted in another thread, so whatever.

anyone who doesn't think boss bailey represents an improvement, no matter how limited, over ian gold is an absolute, raving lunatic and should've watched a broncos game before opening their mouth.

that said, anyone who thinks boss bailey actually makes us better on defense should likely have his head checked. i'd tend to recommend children's hospital in denver, they give good cat scan.

is boss a completely horrific and worthless linebacker? sure. was ian gold possibly the worst player to ever don a jersey in the history of the nfl, a player most broncos fans would've willingly traded for nearly every player, regardless of position in the AFL? without a doubt.
I would agree with both statements. My main contention with Jimmy's statement was when he said something to the effect of "Adding Koutouvides and Bailey gives the Broncos an above average LB corps." That leaves the Broncos with an ultra talented LB in Williams, a career special teamer in Koutouvides and a piece of crap in Bailey. Hardly above average.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they NEED keith rivers to fall to them, which i can see happening, or itd be good if they could get the OLB from the U cant remember his name, second rounder most likely (cba checking his name).....tavares gooden i think
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
they NEED keith rivers to fall to them, which i can see happening, or itd be good if they could get the OLB from the U cant remember his name, second rounder most likely (cba checking his name).....tavares gooden i think
You are correct friend.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Jimmy, what does the Raiders offseason have to do with Boss Bailey being a subpar LB? Quit changing the subject. He's not a very good player and neither him or the Greek guy are going to make a substantial improvement to your defense.
hmm..well komp, had you taken the time to read my little discussion with another poster, you would know
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I would agree with both statements. My main contention with Jimmy's statement was when he said something to the effect of "Adding Koutouvides and Bailey gives the Broncos an above average LB corps." That leaves the Broncos with an ultra talented LB in Williams, a career special teamer in Koutouvides and a piece of crap in Bailey. Hardly above average.
do you not see the potential though? Koutouvides was a special teamer because Lofa Tatupu was just a better player then him. Lofa's pretty good, so I'm not too worried. Niko is a run stuffer, something we've needed. Boss's speed permits him to be a decent linebacker in our system, assuming he can wrap up slightly better then gold. That in itself, I think their speed and size makes our corps potentially a top 15 unit in the NFL
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
... I think their speed and size makes our corps potentially a top 15 unit in the NFL
Haha.....................

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, subtracting Gold and adding Boss IMO helps the Broncos LB unit, even if it is by a minimal decimal point. It isn't going to change a whole lot though. Also, its always good to have young depth at the LB position.

With that in mind, I'm thinking that maybe the Broncos don't see LB as a huge need in the draft now. And I would think if they were to draft a LB, it would be for a MLB, so not Rivers.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
jaffe28
Rookie

jaffe28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
With that in mind, I'm thinking that maybe the Broncos don't see LB as a huge need in the draft now. And I would think if they were to draft a LB, it would be for a MLB, so not Rivers.
I agree here. With what they've done I think Rivers drops off the wish list at #12. If they can drop back maybe they still take Connor. I'm not sure he should but it looks like the Broncos thought that LB was best addressed in FA.

As far as Boss Bailey what it looks like is they cut Ian Gold and resigned him with a different name. Gold got to the ball all the time last year so we could all see him miss the tackle. My hope with the Boss pick-up is that working with his brother gets him motivated enough to improve...I won't be holding my breath though.
jaffe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Didnt Champ and Boss both go to Georgia as well?
Yeah they both played at UGA they also had a older brother that played DB before champ.