Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think UNC is the best team in the nation because they're physical on the inside, they get to the line, they get other teams in foul trouble, they have a nice 1/2 court game and they have a dependable big man in Hansbrough. My only knock on them is size but they play big.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Since UWM will not make the tourney(s), here is who I will be cheering for.......

I have no idea who that is, but nice going Brucey!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!
You sir, are cheering for the right guy as you can see by my sig. Bruce Pearl is the man. You should've put a pic up where he groped Erin Andrews. :)
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
Yoda why not cheer for a local team like Wisconsin, rather than a liar like Pearl. Didnt he say that he never wanted to leave milwaukee, and UWM. but like a week later left for Tenn??

Sorry but i just dont like pearl too much.
I have nothing against Pearl and leaving Milwaukee, lets compare for a moment here.

Tennessee plays in the SEC, Milwaukee the Horizon League.

Tennessee can pay him much, much more than Milwaukee, Tennessee has an endownment of $1 billion to our $150 million.

Unless some crazy **** happens, Milwaukee will never win a national championship, hell the Sweet 16 is prolly our max, Tennessee can do it.

Tennessee plays in a beautiful arena that is full, Milwaukee plays in a dump that is usually 3/4 empty unless we are winning or we are playing UW.

Have no issue with Mr. Pearl. However, I do hope Wisconsin and Tennessee are on opposite sides of the bracket so they wouldn't have to play til the NC, so I also hope to see UW do well.

Last edited by yodabear : 03-09-2008 at 02:51 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ISU, picked a horrible time to play their worst game of the year. Basically puts them on the outside of the bubble and most likely headed to the NIT. Not good.

Drake played a great game and possibly gave themselves a 5 seed. It's too bad.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

ok fair enough. im hoping for a Wisconsin Louisville National title game
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

XIO AND GENTLEMEN OF NFLDC, AN ANNOUNCEMENT

I have created a NCAA tournament pool NFLDC style. PLEASE JION!

Group ID: 33378
Password: football

JUST NOTICED THANKS TO MY PROTESGE DR. GONZO and also ROIDRUNNER, IT IS ON YAHOO!
`
Scoring Will Go Like This
1st Round: 2
2nd Round: 4
3rd Round: 8
4th Round: 16
5th Round: 32
6th Round: 65

Last edited by yodabear : 03-09-2008 at 03:20 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

where is it at?
Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
where is it at?
Yeah, just noticed I forgot, it is yahoo.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

alright i joined. already four of us in there.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
alright i joined. already four of us in there.
Five now, what can I say, I'm kind of a big deal around here, people know me.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

how many does the group fit??
Old 03-09-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
how many does the group fit??
I have no idea, never asked me a max, so maybe how ever many want in.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

well we gained another one.

also did anyone else sign up for the prizes that you could win??
Old 03-09-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

by the way apparently there is no limit on the amount of people who can join.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Nasty comment, lol, how old are you?

I said that Kansas was the best team in the nation over 2 weeks because most posters started ranking their top 10 teams...You called me out on it without any facts whatsoever, and you have still yet to tell me how why Kansas isn't the best team in the nation.

Did I ever say that KU was more deserving of the #1 ranking by the polls? No, but I simply stated that I thought they were the best team in the nation.

"Who knows if they can even beat a #9?" Well they beat a #9 last year, and besides, you can say that about every team in the country...you still have to play the games.

As for the choking, I don't really see your point, they choked when the team was full of freshman and sophmores, the team has grown up.

No if you really have a problem with me expressing my opinions, I apologize and suggest you no longer read message boards.

Finally, I'm going to ask you once more, why is UNC or any other team better than Kansas. Be sure to provide actual evidence this time, not just "UNC is best"

How bout this, tell me if this is good enough evidence for you....

Because UNC is ranked number one, and Kansas is ******* not. Is that understandable? That's why UNC is better than Kansas.

And it does matter about what happens in past tournaments for a number of reasons.

A) Some of the players who were members of previous Kansas teams that choked are still on the team.

B) Since they've choked many times recently, it's going to be on their mind so that they can prove that they're not the same Kansas team, it's additional pressure and additional nervousness.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Yoda's pimp hand is way strong.

we are eleven keep them coming
Old 03-09-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Yoda's pimp hand is way strong.

we are eleven keep them coming
I am getting them in, not by niceness, but by forcefullness.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

just remember to use your back hand, that way if they press charges it is a misdemeanor.

and baby powder too.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

Because UNC is ranked number one, and Kansas is ******* not. Is that understandable? That's why UNC is better than Kansas.

And it does matter about what happens in past tournaments for a number of reasons.

A) Some of the players who were members of previous Kansas teams that choked are still on the team.

B) Since they've choked many times recently, it's going to be on their mind so that they can prove that they're not the same Kansas team, it's additional pressure and additional nervousness.
A) Like who? Simien, Myles, Langford all left bud. Darnell and RR were freshmen that year and barely even played.

B) The last time Kansas choked was in 05 against Bucknell. Unless you call getting to the Elite 8 and losing to a very good UCLA team choking. The bottom line is that this Kansas team is the same team that made it that far last year, with another year of experience under their belt. The only player the lost is Julian Wright, but his absence has allowed Shady to emerge. There is no reason to think this team can't do last years team one better and reach the Final Four. If you had to pick a favorite, they would be one of your top options this year. The only way they lose is if they lay a HUGE egg. All three losses this year they didn't show up, and two of those games they still had chances to win.

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I joined, because I feel bad for yodachu, and want to add to the continuing sucking of St. Louis :D
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

A. So why do we have a tournament? If the number 1 team is the best team, then we should just give them the title right? Polls mean nothing...Florida was unranked before they won their first NCAA title, it's a mute point.

B. Your point would make sense if we still had the 2005 team, which was full of Roy Williams' seniors who didn't want to buy into Bill Self's system...Saying that just because we got upset by Bucknell means that we will choke again is a dumb point...obivisouly, as with every other team in the nation, an upset is possible, but just because we lost to Bucknell several years ago doesn't mean we'll be upset again.

What is the cause-effect relationship between the two...saying that 'Oh, Kansas choked before means they'll choke again' is quite honestly dumb. Every major program has been upset before, does that mean they'll choke again this year?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:53 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man. Can't believe the Buckeyes beat MSU. The Big Ten is weird this year. It's all Eric Gordon's fault...
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VCU got knocked out of the CAA tourney...Anyone think they'll get an at-large bid? They're 24-6 with a RPI of 45

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

there is a possibility but i think it will really hurt there chances.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
VCU got knocked out of the CAA tourney...Anyone think they'll get an at-large bid? They're 24-6 with a RPI of 45
I don't think they'll make it....outside of the win against Maryland they haven't beaten many good teams

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote