Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
pantherfreak

1. What do you guys think is the best rivalry within the division?

2. What team makes you nervous when your team plays them?

3. Which player from another team in the division would you most want on your team?

4. Which team do you have the most respect for? Which team do you hate?

Here's mine:
1. Panthers/Buccaneers - As a Panther fan, I know everybody on the field will be bringing in the whole game. These teams hate each other, but I think there is a mutual respect that shows on gameday.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - see above. Still the only team in the NFC South to win a Super Bowl.

3. DeAngelo Hall - best corner in the division without question.

4. New Orleans Saints/Atlanta Falcons
Old 03-07-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. What do you guys think is the best rivalry within the division? I really loved rivalry between the Falcons and Buccaneers during the Vick era. Vick was just such a great athlete so watching him come up against the likes of Derrick Brooks and Ronde Barber was always a joy to watch and made for some great games.

For some reason Carolina always make me nervous. I'm not sure what particular aspect about them make me feel this way, but they just do.

3. Which player from another team in the division would you most want on your team?
I'm going to have to say Steve Smith. I love his style of play and think he would be a huge benefit to Tampa.

Most respect: Probably the Saints. Most Hated: The Falcons.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. What do you guys think is the best rivalry within the division? I am pretty biased, but Falcons vs Anyone. It seems like everyone they play, its always very intense and emotional. With the Vick era, TB and Falcon games were fun to watch. Falcon/Saints and Falcon/Panther games are always close.

Bucs pretty easily. They are known to tear us to shreds.

I have a man crush on Drew Brees.

TB Bucs because they have a great defense year in and year out. Thats impressive. I hate the Bucs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfreak View Post

1. Probably Atlanta. It was always fun watching to see how our D would answer Vick next, or vice versa.

2. I get nervous before every game....it's the NFL. We always seem to blow it against the crappy teams too like SF.

3. We need a DE really badly but the good ones in the division are all getting older. Steve Smith is the other player I'd really want but he's in the same age category. Maybe Reggie Bush at WR? That would be fun to watch.

4. I don't respect any other team in the NFL. I'm not that big of an NFL fan that I look at things like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy White is the solution to all your problems.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh, I don't know. That's a tough one. Saints/Falcons?

Carolina Panthers.

DeAngelo Hall.

I don't really have problems with Tampa Bay or Atlanta... probably take Atlanta over TB. For some reason, I can't stand Carolina though.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sigh. Thread makes me miss Vick.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Falcons / Bucs
Bucs
LT from the Saints...forget his name
Respect...the Panthers...hate the Bucs
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:51 PM    (permalink
sprawwl

1. Best rivalry?
Bucs/Panthers. Yeah, I'm a Bucs fan... it's always a tough game. It seems like the media pick the panthers to win the division every year; they're the chic ******* pretty boys of the South, with Delhomme and Smith and Peppers. The Bucs are the division's cranky old men - but they still keep that defense nice.

2. Nervous?
The Panthers. Ever since that one game when TB had like 3 XP blocked, I've not been able to watch the Bucs play them.

3. Player from another team?
Off the top of my head, I'd say Maake Komeatu.

4. Respect
I actually respect the Falcons. They've made some bad decisions, but they seem to be an organization with character. I hate the Panthers, but they're a decent organization... I absolutely loathe the Saints. No respect for them at all.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-30-2008 at 02:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 03-30-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
sprawwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprawwl View Post
1. Best rivalry?
Bucs/Panthers. Yeah, I'm a Bucs fan... it's always a tough game. It seems like the media pick the panthers to win the division every year; they're the chic ******* pretty boys of the South, with Delhomme and Smith and Peppers. The Bucs are the division's cranky old men - but they still keep that defense nice.
Hey, I want to apologize for that. It shouldn't happen again.

Last edited by sprawwl : 03-30-2008 at 08:13 AM. Reason: I messed up the /quote line.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright this is a little old but im gunna answer it anyway...

Hmm...this is a tough one. I hate the Falcons more but I think Bucs/Panthers produces better games.

The Falcons. At least when they had Vick. Not so sure what to think anymore. I will say that I never take the Saints seriously, despite their recent success and despite the fact that I think they take more than their fair share of games from us

John Abraham

Sorta already answered this one - respect the Bucs most for how theyve kept that defense together so long and how Gruden churns through QBs but still usually gets solid play. Hate the Falcons most
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
d-dave

As a Panther fan, I think undoubtedly the best rivalry is the 85 South Rivalry we share with the Falcons. Those are the best and the worst games. The intensity in the stands because its such an easy travel that loads of fans travel back and forth for games. It's great when we kill the Falcons, and bitter as aged piss when we lose. The proximity of both cities really makes this a great rivalry. A close second is the rivalry with Tampa Bay. More great fans who make football both painful and enjoyable.

I'm split between the Falcons and the Bucs. With the Falcons on old, Vick could expose you on those bootlegs either with the rush or with the dump off to Crumpler. Warric Dunn in either uniform always has a way with our team. Then when John Abraham was added, it got even uglier.

The Bucs have always had a great D, and you know that the only way to beat them is to make the fewest misakes possible. Your star power had to shine to win those games. The Bucs offense wasn't always the best, but Gruden would find ways to get down the field if you gave them to him.

Probably a guy like Will Smith. Good technical DE, someone to really compliment Peppers.

I have respect for all the NFC South teams. They are all professional football players. Each team has their class guys (like a Brees) and their mouth guys (like Hall) who either shine up or scrub up their images. The team with the coolest fans I've dealt with are the Saints fans who have come to my section. They have been pretty cool and decent folks. I have had MANY bad experiences with Atlanta and Tampa fans over the years. I guess it's that proximity thing.