Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Darrent Williams.

The stuff humans do to each other...
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

RIP

I cant believe it. One of my favorite players even if he was a bronco.

RIP
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

terrible situation....so much life left to live and a great player. Very sad.
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
PanteraMunKy
Rookie

PanteraMunKy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

R.I.P. D-Will One of my favorite O-State Players of all time, the Broncos lost one hell of a playmaker. He was going 2 be great
PanteraMunKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will the Broncos get an form compensation pick for Darrent.?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno, I would think not, or if anything, a third rounder or later.

This opens up a big hole in the secondary, Darrent was most likely going to progress and be suitable for next year, so the Broncos could address DL and maybe even pick up a RB. Now they're in the market for good DL and CB, which makes it very difficult when you're drafting where they're drafting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn this sucks that he died. he was very good player and will be missed. it also opens up a huge hole for u guys cuz he was a top 15 CB in my opinion

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft

I suspect that with Pat Bowlen's role on the NFL TV contracts we will get a third round pick as compensation, near the end of the third round however.

I was thinking Safety or RB (how many times were they inside the 5 and had nobody that could punch it in), with first round pick. Now I suspect that it is either a free agent or a high pick in first round (or package 3rd round from washington and compensatory pick to move up a few spots in first round) for CB as what we have is not the answer to play opposite Champ.

This will also likely quash the rumor that we were shopping Lynch.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does any1 have info of why some1 killed him? i just heard he got shot and died

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
does any1 have info of why some1 killed him? i just heard he got shot and died
no but my guess is he got in an argument in the club or something
Old 01-01-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe he was at Safari for Kenyon Martins invitatin only party for his birthday and an argument occurred. Whether Williams was involved in argument, and with whom, has not been clarified. Witnesses from the club are being interviewed. The only other Bronco player they have announced was in the vehicle was Javon Walker and he was not injured but who else was in the limo was not yet announced. Apparently white Suburban pulled beside them and fired automatic weapon at car. The rest is not being told.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP D.WIlliams

I was really high on his talent, its to bad that his life was cut so short with so much to live.

You guys do have Dominique Foxworth? Last year, him and D.Williams as rookies did a very good job IMO.Could he be a possible replacement or would a CB in the 1st or 2nd be best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw last week where LT of the Chargers said that there isn't anything good that can happen by me going out to a club at night....It's too bad every single NFL player doesn't think that way.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Darrent. I can't believe it had to end this way. Death happens to everyone, but it's unfair to happen at the age of 24. As much as this is devastating to me, how much more will this affect our team? I was upset about our loss last night, but obviously his death rightfully puts things into perspective. I only hope that losing against SF has no correlation to this event.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
RIP Darrent. I can't believe it had to end this way. Death happens to everyone, but it's unfair to happen at the age of 24. As much as this is devastating to me, how much more will this affect our team? I was upset about our loss last night, but obviously his death rightfully puts things into perspective. I only hope that losing against SF has no correlation to this event.
that was my first thought this morning.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in shocked when I heard about Darrent, RIP.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think that the broncos should wear #27 stickers on their helmets, and dedicate next season to him. i have no clue what the organization's plans are yet, and the thing that scares me the most about it is that darrent died in JAvon Walkers lap, with brandon marshall in the car too
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice sig, Jimmy, I'm guessing by the line under it I can use it too? Let me know if I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

clearly one of you saw it, but if you haven't, www.denverbroncos.com put up a nice tribute/memorial page.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
clearly one of you saw it, but if you haven't, www.denverbroncos.com put up a nice tribute/memorial page.
Most those pictures reminded me of how much the team loved Darrent.
Champ was his role model the past years.The relationship him and Dominique had coming in as rookies and competing against each other yet still being great friends off the field.I remember John Lynch commenting on how Darrent was instantly respected when he laid out a runningback during practice.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

and all the big hits he had last year on blitzes... i still think we used him wrong all season this year. i'll miss that intensity.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

I remember being upset when we drafted Darrent Williams in the 2nd because I wanted Justin Miller.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
mattrob
Rookie

mattrob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
I saw last week where LT of the Chargers said that there isn't anything good that can happen by me going out to a club at night....It's too bad every single NFL player doesn't think that way.
What's too bad is that he HAS to think that way. There is absolutely no rational reason a professional athlete, or anyone for that matter, should have to think twice about going to a club, but, unfortunately, the reality is that these incidents are happening more and more frequently and people have to take their personal safety into consideration when they're going out. It's such a tragic loss, but to say DW shouldn't have put himself in that situation is ridiculous.
mattrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what team you root for this is a tragedy and I hope the scumbag who did this is caught and kill him like he had no problem killing Darrent.RIP Darrent Williams