Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-02-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrun340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Saban had a press conference. He went over everything we are going to do in the offseason. I'll go over it after the bowl game or tomorrow, but it is quite obvious he is going nowhere. He was asked if he would be the head coach here next year and once again refused to answer. He has already said he was staying and he refuses to even acknowledge the question anymore. He isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
Quote:
Dolphins | Saban to accept Alabama coaching job
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:15:00 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban will accept the job as the head coach of the University of Alabama football team, according to a team source. Saban has been quoted as saying he is "really struggling" with the decision.
how can chris reports that saban will accept the job if saban himself is struggling with his decision
good question, but oviously he knows somthing the rest of us don't ( even Saben)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mortenson is by far the worst person at reporting news. He reports every rumor as if it is truth. He is worst than the guy on NFL network (Adam Shefter?). Saban doesn't know what he is going to do but he is definitely consisdering it more than I thought he would. We will all know by tomorrow though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

let's start listing the replacements.......... :roll:

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saban didn't go into great detail but he talked about getting depth on OL and he said Shelton might be going back to LT. He talked about getting another edge rusher and getting a play maker in the secondary. He also talked about getting younger up front on the DL. He said he liked how Yeremiah Bell made plays in the secondary so I think its clear he will be a starter next year.

So we are looking at OL depth (LT/OG), edge rusher (DE/OLB), playmaker in the secondary (CB/S), and young DL (DT).

All I know is I hope we can get Adalius Thomas in Miami.

Also some OL to keep an eye on are Roman Oben and Kris Dielman, both are former lineman for Hudson Houck. Eric Steinbeck is another guard I would love to get, he will be expensive though.
Man, how sick would our D be if we signed Adalius Thomas, Drafted Alan Branch with our first round pick, and also drafted a top corner like Fred Bennett, Daymeion Hughes, or Josh Wilson in the second round. Man, I am getting excited and hyped up just thinking about it!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My opinions of recent events.

Nick is gone, and I hope the door hits him on the way out. Lying scumbag. Even if he didnt take the job I would like to see him gone anyways.

Some canidates:
Ron Rivera - D.C. of the Bears, great coach and could be interesting.

Cameron - O.C. of the S.D. chargers, a good offensive coach and works well with Houck

Bobby Patrino (sp) - Louisville head coach, very offensive minded. Add him and Capers together and you have a good combo.

O.C. Canidates
I wouldnt mind giving a chance with Mike Shula as an O.C. He is a good offensive minded coach and would be a good choice to fill in that position. Specially if we signed Ron Rivera.

For draft ideas the following are my choices personally.
If Jarrett or Brohm are there then I take either one of them. Both I think will be studs in the NFL. Barring that take the best player available as long as it isnt a DE, RT or a RB. Every other position on this team can use an upgrade.

I want either a LT or an OG/C in the draft. Perhaps both in the draft if we can swipe something like Beekman. I would rather snag a CB/S in FA honestly then through the draft, we have alot of young players in the secondary. We need depth there.

Now if we get Rivera it might help us getting Adalius Thomas well.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

If Bill Cowher stays it Pittsburgh I want Ken Whisenhunt.

I will cry if we get Jim Mora Jr.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

The coward is gone. he didn't even show up for the 10 meeting and just stiffed Huizenga. F u Saban. Thanks for nothing. Time to go out and get us a real head coach for the NFL, not some pretender.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think that the Dolphins will consider Jim Bates as the next coach?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I would hope so, I really liked him and he did a very good job.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-03-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Memorex
Rookie

Memorex needs more cowbell.

Do you guys think that a new coach will affect us as much on draft day? Like maybe now there is a better chance that we take a QB? I hope not.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Sgt Pepper
Rookie

Sgt Pepper hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You may have a shot at Whisenhunt even if Cowher doesn't come back. He's already talking with Atlanta and Arizona.

I think the Steelers HC next year will be Ron Rivera or Kirk Ferentz.

Superbowl XLIII Champions
Sgt Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

This really changes a lot. I really hope we keep the defensive scheme the same as it is now. Offense can change, it actually needs to change, but I just hope the new coach is smart enough to realize he already has a QB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-03-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
fotbll36
Veteran

fotbll36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was thinking the same thing, we just changed our defense when we hired Saban and now if we change it again we'll be behind and our defense is already pretty old.
fotbll36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
Do you think that the Dolphins will consider Jim Bates as the next coach?
Nope. Bates isn't going to coach here after getting stuffed (he campaigned for 4 hours to get the job after Wanny left)...

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ron Rivera would be the only choice I wonder consider, I think Wayne would be hestiant to hire another college coach...

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mortenson is by far the worst person at reporting news. He reports every rumor as if it is truth. He is worst than the guy on NFL network (Adam Shefter?). Saban doesn't know what he is going to do but he is definitely consisdering it more than I thought he would. We will all know by tomorrow though.

Don't you DARE insult Adam Schefter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I don't think Rivera is going to be a serious candidate in Miami, it would be a very saavy PR move to sign the first NFL coach of Hispanic origin in Miami.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
While I don't think Rivera is going to be a serious candidate in Miami, it would be a very saavy PR move to sign the first NFL coach of Hispanic origin in Miami.
I think Rivera might end up being the HC with Pittsburgh.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

I just popped in here to say that JIM BATES should be your new coach.

Most of us Packer fans wanted him to be OUR new head coach after last season, but the brilliant GM wanted a younger guy.

I think most of the Dolphins players also wanted Bates to get the HC job a few years ago after he was the interim coach for a few months and the team did well for him. For whatever reason, he keeps getting screwed over because of his age or something. Where's Jesse Jackson to push the NFL to hire him?

Anyway, I think Huzenga should have learned his lesson about younger, collegiate hotshot coaches now. Jim Bates is a loyal man, and he has a proven track record in Miami, and Green Bay. I can't imagine a better hire for you guys than Bates.

You still need a new QB though. DC will never ever take you where you want to go.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SterlingSharpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Interesting angle.
But what would that do, bottom line?
Get more hispanic fans to buy season tickets?
Get more hispanic free agents to come to Miami?
Get better ratings in hispanic markets?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I want to get an offensive coach in here so he lets Capers keep the defense how it is. Rivera would probably try to change it to a Tampa 2 defense and I would cry. I love the defense we have in place right now and I want it to stay. I want to get an offensive minded coach in Miami.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-03-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Check out the resume of Norm Chow, it is absolutely fabulous. I think he could be an amazing Head Coach. Keep Capers as the D.C.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just promote Mularkey
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Just promote Mularkey
Hell no!
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote