Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-10-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
iKNOW

Just have time to kill and looked up all the current FA (as of Mar 9 from nfl.com).

RB
Cecil Sapp or Tatum Bell

WR
Bryant Johnson (should throw money at this one - biggest one)
Paris Warren

OL
Stockar McDougle or George Foster
Seth McKinney

DL
Larry Tripplett

LB
Victor Hobson

DB
Ralph Brown

No huge names but people can definitely add depth and compete for the starting spots.

Last edited by iKNOW : 03-10-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like them all except the OL's
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I dont think we need to sign any o-linemen now that we signed Scott. I think our FA priorities should be WR and DL right now.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
iKNOW

kevin jones just got let go by the lions. i'd go after him - he's good when healthy.

i dont think the titans are going to get more WRs...sad but true
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKNOW View Post
kevin jones just got let go by the lions. i'd go after him - he's good when healthy.

i dont think the titans are going to get more WRs...sad but true
They will definitely draft a WR, and I'd rather us go for a RB that's proven they could stay healthy, and has some kick return upside because we really need a better option on kick off returns badly.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free Agents that I would pursue:

KR Jerome Mathis
TE Dwayne Blakley*
TE Kyle Brady*
TE Jason Dunn*
DE Josh Thomas
DE Kalimba Edwards
UT/DE Ellis Wyms

Jerome Mathis is a speed demon, so there may be a slight possibility that he'd contribute in the receiving game, but I doubt it. Either way, he is an amazing returner. His KR AVG is 28.5 in his 3 seasons. Last year, he had only 11 KR's...but he averaged 29.1 YPR, with a TD return too. The downside to bringing him in is that he's injury plagued. He's played in 5 games over the past two seasons, and only played in 12 games as a rookie. If he can stay healthy, he's a Pro Bowl caliber returner.

The asterisks next to the TE's means that only one would be pursued, I just don't know who. Brady and Dunn are basically extra OT's when blocking, and would be great in the run game. Blakley was in the Titans training camp at one point, but was passed over for a recently drafted Ben Troupe, despite Blakley outperforming Toupe the entire camp. Blakley is a better pass-catcher than the other two, but not as good of a blocker. It just depends if the FO wants a mammoth TE to block, a good all around guy to pair with their other two good all around TE's, or perhaps they want to draft a developmental TE late.

I've been rooting for us to land Josh Thomas for a while. He's a young buck who backed up Freeney and Mathis with the Colts. He's 6-5, 271 and has good solid motor. He'd man the LE position with Kearse, and would be put in a situation to be a 6+ sack guy. He's an UDFA, so I doubt his asking price would be high. Kalimba Edwards, on the other hand, would probably ask for more than he deserves. But, it doesn't hurt to look at him. Edwards was recently released by the Lions a few days ago after roster moves that uncluded cutting Kevin Jones. Edwards missed 8 games last season, but has stayed healthy his entire NFL career beforehand. The 6-6, 265 lb. Edwards seems to fit the pass-rushing mold more than the run-stuffing role, so he's not the 1st and 2nd down DE we need. Still, I want more than 3 DE's playing throughout the game this season so we don't have the 4th QTR fatigue like we had last year.

UT/DE Ellis Wyms would add depth and a great rotational guy to the DL. He can play UT and DE, so he's versatile. Keeping guys fresh and having the best personnel in on the appropriate game situations. He would break the bank at all either.

Signing Josh Thomas, Ellis Wyms, and Dwayne Blakley would cap off the off season well for the Titans, in my opinion.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote