Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
SEC tournament is being moved to GA Tech's arena... Seats a whole 9,191. They reported over 20k UK fans alone at the GA dome, tickets supposedly first come-first serve, it is going to be an absolute mess. UK apparently will play at 12 then possibly again at 9 pm.

I'd just assume they cancel this, it'd be an absolute mess if they do it the way they're talking. 3:46 AM and they're still not sure what they're going to do.
What else could they do? They cannot wait on repairs. You want them not to have a championship game this year? What if you are Georgia, you want to take that opportunity away from those kids on a championship and possible NCAA appearance the only way they possibly can get it?

Stuff happens you cannot foresee sometimes and you have to make do with what you have available.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgia beats UK after UK goaltends on a free throw, resulting in a Technical.

Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life : 03-15-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Tampa 2 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Georgia beats UK after UK goaltends on a free throw, resulting in a Technical.
Wow. That's pretty lame for UK
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Never heard of goal tending on a free throw before.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Never heard of goal tending on a free throw before.
Having not seen it I'm assuming what happened is that it hit the rim but didn't get outside of the cylinder when the UK player touched it
Old 03-15-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Having not seen it I'm assuming what happened is that it hit the rim but didn't get outside of the cylinder when the UK player touched it
No, he jumped in the lane and knocked it away with out it touching the rim.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Well that's just dumb then
Old 03-15-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Ha, that's pretty funny actually. I wish I could've seen it but I quit watching after Georgia hit a 3 with a second to go.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and Virginia Tech throws away the game vs. UNC
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

48 fouls called in the MSU and Wisconsin game. 4 MSU players fouled out and the Badgers get the win. I'm JUICED right now!!
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
48 fouls called in the MSU and Wisconsin game. 4 MSU players fouled out and the Badgers get the win. I'm JUICED right now!!
Watching there four big men foul out one after another was great. They jinxed Bohannon on the free throws, "Mr. Perfect going to the line here, he's hit 45 of 47 in Big Ten play this year", he misses them both. Then Nietzel gets a perfect shot that I thought was going in, but just misses. I hope Trevon Hughes is ok though.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Watching there four big men foul out one after another was great. They jinxed Bohannon on the free throws, "Mr. Perfect going to the line here, he's hit 45 of 47 in Big Ten play this year", he misses them both. Then Nietzel gets a perfect shot that I thought was going in, but just misses. I hope Trevon Hughes is ok though.
Is it just me, or does it seem like everytime an announcer talks about how great some player is at freethrows when theyre about to shoot, the player always seems to miss at least one and quite a bit both freethrows.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
My Final 4 as of right now is North Carolina, Tennessee (gulp), UCLA, and Kansas (double gulp). That'll probably chance come Sunday but right now those are my 4, and I've got UCLA and UNC in the Title Game.
I've never quite understood the Kansas- Illinois feud...Is it simply because we signed Bill Self?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL...so wait, he jumped in the lane while the shot was going up and blocked it?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I've never quite understood the Kansas- Illinois feud...Is it simply because we signed Bill Self?
He's probably saying gulp because he's taking some pretty big risks by picking those teams to go that far, not because of any hate he may or may not have for Kansas.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan's embarrassing loss yesterday hurts so much less after watching Drew Nietzel choke away today's game against Wisconsin.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm loving Clemson...they've got such a tenacious defense with this press on Duke. Duke just happens to be a great shooting team but I like my chances on Clemson going pretty far in the big tourny.

And how did Nietzel choke the game away? If anything, he was the sole reason M. St. was in it, he was far and away the game's most dominant scorer...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
And how did Nietzel choke the game away? If anything, he was the sole reason M. St. was in it, he was far and away the game's most dominant scorer...
The first 17 shots don't mean anything when you can't make the last shot. He kept them in it, but couldn't make the shot that Michigan State needed him to the most. That is choking.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Gophers look like a turd, but at least I'll get to see my Zips take down Kent State tonight.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The first 17 shots don't mean anything when you can't make the last shot. He kept them in it, but couldn't make the shot that Michigan State needed him to the most. That is choking.
Ok, I agree that by that evaluation it's choking, but when you say "choked it away" as in he threw it away and was the reason they lost, well that's not a fair assessment, because without those first 17 shots, he wouldn't have been in the situation to choke in the first place. He played extremely well and just unfortunately couldn't hit the last shot to win it for them, I didn't see anyone else step up and say they could have done a better job though.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
the IL KS feud is because of Bill self, and also that coach Self recruits all the good players from chicago and gets them to go to Kansas and gets them not to go to Illinois. That is what the feud is from. there are a bunch of players from Illinois that play on Kansas.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
What else could they do? They cannot wait on repairs. You want them not to have a championship game this year? What if you are Georgia, you want to take that opportunity away from those kids on a championship and possible NCAA appearance the only way they possibly can get it?

Stuff happens you cannot foresee sometimes and you have to make do with what you have available.
Did I say I wanted them to do something else? Just said it was a mess, which is what it was. In terms of the games I'm glad they situated it the way they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Well that's just dumb then
Gillispie (as well as the rest of us) were under the impression that it was a simple goal tend if you did, which would result in 1 point for UGA and we get to inbound the ball. This team has had a lot of success with getting shots off inbound plays, I was hoping the shot would go in then when I saw Stevenson do that I thought it was brilliant... Didn't realize it was a technical.

Ramel Bradley also got freight trained on a foul (well, wasn't called) with 1.2 seconds and us down 1... Again, brilliant play by Gillispie, the talking heads on ESPN are calling out the officials for not calling it. Would've put the SEC's best free throw shooter on the line with 2 chances to tie it up.

It was a weird day, weird game, just an odd situation given what happened last night. To be honest, I hate that Joe/Ramel didn't get the SEC championship they wanted but I'd rather lose this and get a 10/11 seed than lose tonight and get another freaking 8/9 seed.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

and...Clemson finally starts hitting their free throws. They have a very good shot against UNC.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Illinois is going to be playing Wisconsin in the Final tomorrow...Assuming the Badgers win I think they deserve a 2 seed

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It looks like Illinois is going to be playing Wisconsin in the Final tomorrow...Assuming the Badgers win I think they deserve a 2 seed
I have a hard time imaging them getting a 2 seed over Kansas, Texas, Duke, Georgetown, and Stanford

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote: