Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I have a hard time imaging them getting a 2 seed over Kansas, Texas, Duke, Georgetown, and Stanford
They would have won the Big Ten regular season and tourney with just two conference losses and non-conference losses are Duke and Marquette...just no love for the badgers

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a hard time imaging them getting a 2 seed over Kansas, Texas, Duke, Georgetown, and Stanford
I can see them getting it over Duke now...I don't necessarily think it will happen, but I wouldn't be shocked

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
They would have won the Big Ten regular season and tourney with just two conference losses and non-conference losses are Duke and Marquette...just no love for the badgers
Which conference is this again? The Big 10...I'm just inot mpressed by Wisky beating Michigan, an overrated Mich St. team, and Illinois, but I think they're a lock for a #3 seed

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today's game is just further proof why Duke won't make it past the sweet 16 once again, they are just an average team. They live by the three pointer, no inside play, their guards aren't even that good in comparison to so many other teams. The only reason Duke wins is because they have mastered the art of winning the officiating.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

live by the 3 die by the 3 I'm so happy they lost though

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait until tommorrow...

KU takes down Texas A&M 77-71 with Brandon Rush's 28 point performance

KU-UT tommorrow, and I can't wait

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Temple has a good team, and they're mostly underclassmen, but damn, St. Joes dominated that 1st half. Calathes tried to get going down the stretch but was exhausted. Dionte Christmas is a stud for Temple though, on both sides of the ball. Hopefully St. Joes still gets in the tourney. Lunardi said he thought they would, but that could just be wishful thinking since he's an alum, works for St. Joes, and does color for their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

******* A Lofton. ******* A.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Memphis
Tennessee
UCLA
UNC

Those are the teams that are for sure over Wisconsin and look to be the one seeds as of now. That leaves 4 spots for 2 seeds. Georgetown, Kansas, Duke, Wisconsin, and Texas are the teams that would be in the running. Stanford has no chance. Duke should be pushed behind Wisconsin after their loss today. That would already put Wisconsin in as a two. Kansas and Texas play tomorrow, if Kansas wins they might have a shot at a one seed, but they are locked for a two seed. That would give Texas two more losses than Wisconsin and we beat Texas. That pushes them out. Now if Texas wins they get a two seed and Kansas probably still stays firm as a two. Georgetown is probably about even with us right now. You could make a case either way. I really think the Duke loss pushed them to a three already so both would get in anyway. As long as we don't choke away the Big Ten tournament tomorrow we have a better probability at getting a 2 than a 3.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

I think KU gets a #1 seed since Tennessee just went down...The Committee doesn't even pay attention to the Big 12 Championship, since it ends like half an hour before the brackets are due.

My predictions:
#1 East-UNC
#1 West- UCLA
#1 South- Memphis
#1 Midwest-Kansas (This could go to Tennessee though)

#2 Midwest- Tennessee
#2 South- Texas
#2 East-Georgetown
#2 West-Wisconsin

#3 Midwest-Duke
#3 West-Stanford
#3 South- Louisville
#3 East- Xavier

#4 Midwest- Notre Dame
#4 East- UConn
#4 South- Drake
#4 West- Butler

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:

Last edited by adschofield : 03-15-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd have Wisconsin as a 2 ahead of the likes of Duke and Tennessee, although I know Tenn's not gunna drop from a 1 seed to a 3 seed, but I still think Duke is not a #2 seed team, they're a 3 in my eyes, especially after their loss today.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
I'd have Wisconsin as a 2 ahead of the likes of Duke and Tennessee, although I know Tenn's not gunna drop from a 1 seed to a 3 seed, but I still think Duke is not a #2 seed team, they're a 3 in my eyes, especially after their loss today.
Yeah, I'm starting to think that Duke is a 3 also...I edited my post

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, wow, I didn't even see that Tennessee lost. Other than the win over Memphis what they've accomplished isn't all that impressive. If they won the tournament they should have gotten a one seed, but I think nvot had a valid point about maybe they should be a three although it's not likely.

Last edited by GB12 : 03-15-2008 at 07:50 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a great week of bball so far.. can only hope the NCAA tournament will be this good

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kent State is looking very strong. They should be a 8 or 9 seed, though will probably be a 10 or 11.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

I think UNC and Memphis absolutely get #1 seeds. In any other year I'm not sure if I have UCLA getting a #1, but I think they get one. Depending on what the criteria is that they're basing their picks on, I say Kansas has to be the other #1. There's absolutely no one else really worthy and I'm not sold on Kansas as a #1, but they're definitely the most worthy of the remaining teams. I might have Texas as a sleeper for a 1 simply because they're so damn talented overall, but they didn't play as good as they could so I'm content with them as a 2.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Bubble teams have to be pissed at all these tournament upsets. Looks like UNLV's going to take away another spot.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Bubble teams have to be pissed at all these tournament upsets. Looks like UNLV's going to take away another spot.
Huh? UNLV was an at large lock anyway. It wasn't even a question.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea, I'm more interested in the bubble teams at this point then the top 4 seedings.

Anyone think Va Tech gets in simple because of their play, despite loosing? It's gunna be tough to not have them in, but they don't have an exactly sparkling resume prior to this game.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Yea, I'm more interested in the bubble teams at this point then the top 4 seedings.

Anyone think Va Tech gets in simple because of their play, despite loosing? It's gunna be tough to not have them in, but they don't have an exactly sparkling resume prior to this game.
Va Tech has absolutely no chance. You don't get in for almost beating someone. They've only beaten one good team this year, Miami, and even Miami isn't that good.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Temple stole another at-large bid

ESPN gives a good run down on the bubble situation

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch?id=79

It says there's 4 at-large bids left, and out the possible candidates they list I'd say Illinois State, Oregon, UMass (who would've thought the A-10 was a 4-bid league), and Villanova

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Oh, wow, I didn't even see that Tennessee lost. Other than the win over Memphis what they've accomplished isn't all that impressive. If they won the tournament they should have gotten a one seed, but I think nvot had a valid point about maybe they should be a three although it's not likely.
That's a joke right?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Temple stole another at-large bid

ESPN gives a good run down on the bubble situation

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch?id=79

It says there's 4 at-large bids left, and out the possible candidates they list I'd say Illinois State, Oregon, UMass (who would've thought the A-10 was a 4-bid league), and Villanova
That was before St. joe's lost today...So by their count, only 3 remain.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Huh? UNLV was an at large lock anyway. It wasn't even a question.
Yeah, Temple sorry.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
That's a joke right?
For a top two seed, no.

Tennessee
Losses: Texas, Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas
Top 5 wins: Memphis, Xavier, Vandy, Gonzaga, West Virginia

Take away the Memphis game and that's not very impressive.