Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.
Default 49ers CUT Darrell Jackson

http://www.49ers.com/pressbox/news_d...tion=PR%20News

Nolan and McCloughan admit their mistake quickly. If you don't produce you are gone quickly...

I think it was a combination of lack of production and bad professional additude and habits.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I love it. Thanks for admitting to your mistakes.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya jackson is done anyway. Was overshadowed in seattle and couldnt produce in SF... Maybe he can find a desperate team...JETS?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if he would even think about coming back to Seattle?

Any team with a west coast offense is a possibility, I am thinking Oakland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
I wonder if he would even think about coming back to Seattle?

Any team with a west coast offense is a possibility, I am thinking Oakland.
For the right price I guess I wouldn't mind him coming to Oakland to be our 3/4 receiver.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson was so productive in Seattle because he had such a good relationship with Matt Hasselbeck. Their chemistry was uncanny. I mean granted when you have to work with Alex Smith Shuan Hill or Trent Dilfer your production will drop but I think hes over the hill. He was always an over-achiever

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll get another opportunity.

It's funny how things are a year later. Last year at this time, the Niners were being universally praised for their draft/free agency moves. Folks were very positive about the futre 1st round trade gamble, and the recouping of a future 1st round pick, the addition of Darrell Jackson at the low price.

Anyhow, had to be somewhat expected after signing Bryant Johnson. Just enough roster space and someone had to go sooner and later, and considering what happened there over the past year for Darrell, it's probably a good move for both sides. He'll get another shot somewhere. There's plenty of teams out looking for WR help still.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured that either Jackson or Hill would be on their way out, and considering Hill is practically a rookie Jackson makes the most sense.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I'd take him in DC for cheap. He's at least familiar with Zorndog's system.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I wish the Jets had some cap room. If we signed him then we could trade Coles to clear up cap space and get picks. Maybe they'll think about it. He'd be a perfect fit in NY. Great west coast receiver for Chad, great safety target for Clemens.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe this does open the roster up for an early pick at wide receiver, then. Still, they've got a starting trio of Bruce/Johnson/Davis, plus Hill and Battle as potential developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I'd take him in DC for cheap. He's at least familiar with Zorndog's system.
Good call, and I agree in thinking him going back to Seattle is in play too. Maybe Tampa Bay?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

arnaz battle was basically our no.1 last year and put up 600 yds and 5 tds, but now that we have bruce and johnson, he's back where he belongs at the slot position and he should excel.
nikkayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Good call, and I agree in thinking him going back to Seattle is in play too. Maybe Tampa Bay?
Yeah, that seems reasonable. Tampa and Carolina are looking at Hackett, I bet were gonna end up which ever one doesn't get a deal first.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. I hated him during the regular season because the guy couldnt catch worth a damn. He had a couple of decent games at the end of the year and i thought he may be at least worth a shot in TC. But i really dont care. He doesnt weaken our WR corps by leaving, he doesnt strengthen it by staying. I wish him luck to wherever he goes, but rest assured he will drop a lot of balls. He shouldnt be more than a #2.

As for teams to end up on...i think a WCO team like TB or Washington make sense. I doubt he goes back to Seattle, i dont think he left on the best terms.

Ill make a prediction and say he ends up on the Redskins as their #2 WR for a reasonable price.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
Jackson was so productive in Seattle because he had such a good relationship with Matt Hasselbeck. Their chemistry was uncanny. I mean granted when you have to work with Alex Smith Shuan Hill or Trent Dilfer your production will drop but I think hes over the hill. He was always an over-achiever
He done, Jackson couldn't catch a cold if he wanted too.... He doesnt have it anymore, and if he gets 2-3 million a year, then good luck to who ever signed him.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

I think Mangini will be giving him a holler.....

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
I think Mangini will be giving him a holler.....
just a hunch or have you seen a link? i don't think they have had any past connection so
Old 03-15-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's funny at least to me about this entire ordeal is that a year ago around this time, I remember having a very spirited debate with a 49er fan (can't remember his name) about how I'd rather have Bruce as a starter over Darrell Jackson. A year later, the 49ers apparently not only agree, but don't even want Jackson on their team. Yikes!
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote