Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
For a top two seed, no.

Tennessee
Losses: Texas, Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas
Top 5 wins: Memphis, Xavier, Vandy, Gonzaga, West Virginia

Take away the Memphis game and that's not very impressive.
Agree with this actually, I think you can also nullify the Vandy games because they each won their game at home and each won a game and lost a game....I'm not at all impressed with Tennessee and will not have them go very far. They give WAY to many points up...do they even contest shots anymore?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not too impressed with Tennessee or Duke, I wanna see them do well, but I don't see them getting past the sweet 16, and depending on the matchups, they'll lose in the second round cuz they will be 2 seeds. The winner of Kansas-Texas is a #1 seed with UCLA, UNC, and Memphis IMO.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I am not too impressed with Tennessee or Duke, I wanna see them do well, but I don't see them getting past the sweet 16, and depending on the matchups, they'll lose in the second round cuz they will be 2 seeds. The winner of Kansas-Texas is a #1 seed with UCLA, UNC, and Memphis IMO.
Basically exactly what I've been saying....

So I agree.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is some of the worst officiating ever, both sides really, it is a championship game, let the players decide the game, the refs have decided this game. You can't call tap fouls in a game like this or any game for that fact. It's basketball. If you can't even get near a player how can you play defense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

What does this mean if G-Town looses? If they loose, I think any chance of them possibly sneaking into the Final Four goes right out the door...

At the same time, I think the win will make Pitt a very likely candidate to be a surprise team and make it to the elite 8 possible...when they're on, they're on.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin should be a lock for a 2 seed now.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
That was before St. joe's lost today...So by their count, only 3 remain.
nah, St. Joes is going to be an at-large

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing the no call against UK is killing me... If we don't make the tournament because of these circumstances I'll implode.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tripple OT for Boise State-New Mexico State.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI Tyler Hansbrough is the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!! Kid is such a badass.

Aww Duke lost too how sad :)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
FYI Tyler Hansbrough is the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!! Kid is such a badass.

Aww Duke lost too how sad :)
I hate anyone that inhabits the state of North Carolina...esp. Hansbrough and the UNC/Duke basketball teams

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dislike UNC but Hansbrough is what a college player should be in my eyes, I would love him to be on our team... Really hate the ESPN lovefest with him. I like Patrick Patterson so much because he has a lot of the same qualities.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Seeing the no call against UK is killing me... If we don't make the tournament because of these circumstances I'll implode.
Well on the bright side you'd probably lose in the 1st round anyway. *Thumbs up*

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tripple OT for Boise State-New Mexico State.
I have to hand it to Larry and Nelson. They were impressive for Boise State. The game even being on our home floor didnt stop them. Free throws can really make the difference between a good team and a bad one. I cant complain too much since both teams missed their fair shair of free throws. It seemed like the teams had better percentage from the 3 point line than they did at the free throw line. Although it sucked that NMSU lost, it was probably the greatest game I have ever been to.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well on the bright side you'd probably lose in the 1st round anyway. *Thumbs up*
Not.

How many UK games have you watched in the last month and a half? Zero?

This is the most capable UK team of making a run since 2005, without a doubt. We had no chance the past two seasons.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
For a top two seed, no.

Tennessee
Losses: Texas, Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas
Top 5 wins: Memphis, Xavier, Vandy, Gonzaga, West Virginia

Take away the Memphis game and that's not very impressive.
All 4 of their losses came to tourney teams, and all of those losses weren't home games.

You can't take away the memphis game because it happened. Xavier, Gonzaga, and WVU were away games. Their strength of schedule and RPI are extremely high. They are the SEC regular season champs, and won all of their home games. That is impressive.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Did I say I wanted them to do something else? Just said it was a mess, which is what it was. In terms of the games I'm glad they situated it the way they did.
Uh, yes ..

"I'd assume they just cancel this ..."

Quote:
Not.

How many UK games have you watched in the last month and a half? Zero?

This is the most capable UK team of making a run since 2005, without a doubt. We had no chance the past two seasons.
Dude, you are 2-2 since the Patterson injury.

This isn't even mentioning you have played garbage teams to even get in the discussion of going to the tourney.

Since you have went on your little run of 11-3 since January 22, the average RPI of the teams you have beaten is ..

Of those 11 wins, 7 have came at the expense of teams with an RPI lower than 108. Georgia only keeps that rating alot higher than it should thanks to their play over the past three days. They improved their RPI 27 spots with their play today alone.

If you want the exact RPI of those 7 teams ..

Georgia: 108 x 2 (two wins)
South Carolina: 138 x 2 (two wins)
Auburn: 153
Alabama: 113
LSU: 172

Your out of conference SOS was 211 and your RPI was 99. You finished 6-7 over that span.

You don't even want me to bring up your road record, where your highest quality win is over Florida, who only has an RPI of 72 and will likely not even make the tourney. The next highest is at 108 and that is Georgia.

Honestly, Kentucky has no business in the tourney.

Last edited by bwillie26 : 03-16-2008 at 01:42 AM.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
All 4 of their losses came to tourney teams, and all of those losses weren't home games.

You can't take away the memphis game because it happened. Xavier, Gonzaga, and WVU were away games. Their strength of schedule and RPI are extremely high. They are the SEC regular season champs, and won all of their home games. That is impressive.
Yeah, Tennessee should still get a #1 seed somewhere. Even after their loss today, they still have the #1 RPI and SOS. They should hold onto the #1 SOS, but they may lose the #1 RPI to UNC if they can defeat Clemson tomorrow.

Kansas has the #7 RPI and #59 SOS, so it will be tough for them to pull themselves up. However, Texas has the #5 RPI and #5 SOS. Realistically, if Texas wins tomorrow, they have a damm good argument for being a #1 seed
Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
What does this mean if G-Town looses? If they loose, I think any chance of them possibly sneaking into the Final Four goes right out the door...

At the same time, I think the win will make Pitt a very likely candidate to be a surprise team and make it to the elite 8 possible...when they're on, they're on.
I'm not sure how Gtown's loss takes away their title contention, they will still be a 3 seed so there isn't much difference between a 2 and 3 seed. Hard to judge a game when Hibbert had 4 fouls, Summers and Rivers fouled out, Ewing had 4 fouls, Chris Wright had 3, and Jonathan Wallace, Jesse Sapp, Austin Freeman, and Vernon Macklin all had 2.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post

One o in lose. Loose means the opposite of tight. Lose is the opposite of win. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Anyways, to answer your question, they can easily still make the Final Four. That's if Hibbert finds a way to fix his consistency issues. There's no way an All-America candidate at 7'2 should ever get 0 points in a game. That's embarrassing.

Pitt could make the Final Four or they could lose in the first round and I wouldn't be shocked either way. They're very streaky.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
One o in lose. Loose means the opposite of tight. Lose is the opposite of win. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Anyways, to answer your question, they can easily still make the Final Four. That's if Hibbert finds a way to fix his consistency issues. There's no way an All-America candidate at 7'2 should ever get 0 points in a game. That's embarrassing.

Pitt could make the Final Four or they could lose in the first round and I wouldn't be shocked either way. They're very streaky.
I think this and Ghetto's post's were fair statements...I guess the key to Georgetown will be consistency, because on paper they are extremely talented and on paper perhaps they too are deserving of a #1 seed (as I said with Texas) due to their depth and overall great play, but they are extremely inconsistent and that could hurt them.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:

His problem really is foul trouble, because when he gets his touches he'll score 75% of the time, problem is that he is always in foul trouble and isn't on the court, because I have never seen him play bad when he's in the game. A lot of fouls on him are bs though, he'll have his arms straight up and the offensive player will jump into him and fall hard and it will be a foul, he can't help it if he's big.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
His problem really is foul trouble, because when he gets his touches he'll score 75% of the time, problem is that he is always in foul trouble and isn't on the court, because I have never seen him play bad when he's in the game. A lot of fouls on him are bs though, he'll have his arms straight up and the offensive player will jump into him and fall hard and it will be a foul, he can't help it if he's big.
You're so wise. Like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair...
Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champw...ory?id=3295648

Like I've been saying the Big 12 championship results don't matter...I think Kansas will a #1 seed

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champw...ory?id=3295648

Like I've been saying the Big 12 championship results don't matter...I think Kansas will a #1 seed
They have the same 13-3 conference record and the record's are extremely close (Kansas is 28-3 and Texas 26-5, not including Big 12 Tourny games...I don't think this should decide anything)

Texas big wins: Tennessee, UCLA (when they were 1), Saint Mary's, Kansas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma twice

Texas big losses: MSU (10), Wisconsin, Texas A&M (23), and TT

Kansas big wins: Arizona, USC, Kansas St., Oklahoma, and TT

Kansas big losses: Kansas St., Texas, OSU

Clearly, Texas has had some much bigger wins than Kansas, including one OVER KANSAS. If anything, I think Texas should be guaranteed the number 1 seed regardless of this championship game, and not Kansas, but that's not the case, so I do think whoever wins the game should be the #1 seed.