Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
They have the same 13-3 conference record and the record's are extremely close (Kansas is 28-3 and Texas 26-5, not including Big 12 Tourny games...I don't think this should decide anything)

Texas big wins: Tennessee, UCLA (when they were 1), Saint Mary's, Kansas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma twice

Texas big losses: MSU (10), Wisconsin, Texas A&M (23), and TT

Kansas big wins: Arizona, USC, Kansas St., Oklahoma, and TT

Kansas big losses: Kansas St., Texas, OSU

Clearly, Texas has had some much bigger wins than Kansas, including one OVER KANSAS. If anything, I think Texas should be guaranteed the number 1 seed regardless of this championship game, and not Kansas, but that's not the case, so I do think whoever wins the game should be the #1 seed.
Pretty much completely agree.

If Texas wins today and does not AT LEAST get a higher seeding than Kansas, I will be shocked to say the least. Would not be shocked in the slightest to see them (Texas) stealing a #1 seed.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Uh, yes ..

"I'd assume they just cancel this ..."
That was speculation on my part, at the time I didn't see any real scenario to get it done considering they were discussing only playing 1 game each day with co-champions at that point. I figured it would be easier to get it over with and avoid the headaches... What they did was really the best they could do with the situation. Although people got screwed out of tickets, it worked out because it would've been an absolute mess to have first come/first serve tickets.

Quote:
Dude, you are 2-2 since the Patterson injury.
I basically gave up after the Patterson injury, figured we'd have no chance. After that, we lost by a few inches AT the #1 overall team in the nation... Won at USC on their Sr. day/coaches final game at home then beat Florida on Sr. day.

Since Patterson's injury (averaged 16 points and 7 boards), Jasper/Harris/Stevenson have picked up their averages by 15 points and 7 boards combined. Role players have stepped up and we are playing just as well.

Quote:
This isn't even mentioning you have played garbage teams to even get in the discussion of going to the tourney.
You're right, playing @Indiana (pre-Sampson firing), UNC, Louisville, Vandy (twice), Arkansas and UT (Twice) is absolute trash. Every team has cake games mixed in, you're a fool to think otherwise.

Quote:
Of those 11 wins, 7 have came at the expense of teams with an RPI lower than 108. Georgia only keeps that rating alot higher than it should thanks to their play over the past three days. They improved their RPI 27 spots with their play today alone.
Ok? Sorry we won the games we were supposed to? We also beat THREE top 25 RPI teams, what other bubble team has done that? Probably a Pac-10 team or two that beat up on Arizona, that's it.

Quote:
You don't even want me to bring up your road record, where your highest quality win is over Florida, who only has an RPI of 72 and will likely not even make the tourney. The next highest is at 108 and that is Georgia.

Honestly, Kentucky has no business in the tourney.
You know why we're a bubble team? We have no quality road wins, just like pretty much every other bubble team...

Our overall SOS is 22, we've beat 3 top 25 RPI teams and if they're thinking Virginia Tech gets in, there's absolutely no way we shouldn't. The fact that Virginia Tech is even discussed is a joke.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champw...ory?id=3295648

Like I've been saying the Big 12 championship results don't matter...I think Kansas will a #1 seed
I really don't think that if Kansas loses, that they deserve a #1 seed over Texas, UNC (if they win), UCLA, and Memphis...maybe Texas and Kansas both get a #2, but there's no way if Kansas loses today, even by like 3, that they would move into a #1 seed, they need to win in order to get that imo

and Clemson is really shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly with all these missed layins and 2 foot jumpers

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ramsfan2005813
Rookie

ramsfan2005813 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my number ones are UNC, UCLA, Memphis, and Texas
if Kansas wins the Big 12 championship then they will probably get the number over texas
ramsfan2005813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winner of Texas/Kansas gets a 1 seed... Two teams ranked in the 5-8 range for their conference championship.

Winner gets a 1, loser gets a 2... Pretty simple.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ramsfan2005813
Rookie

ramsfan2005813 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i am surprised at the level of competition and effort in the major conference tournaments this year, normally some of the top teams take off. How about UNC and Clemson and the entire ACC tournament, a classic.
ramsfan2005813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hoped Clemson would win and they outplayed UNC imo, but they screwed themselves by missing easy shots...UNC didn't win that game, Clemson lost it

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-16-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UGA was amaizing yesterday, winning two games in one day.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
UGA was amaizing yesterday, winning two games in one day.
I hate Dave Bliss.

That last shot was crazy, the second he went to put it up I said, "uh-oh"... This time of the year those are the shots that go in. Then I get a call saying they won the second game, pretty crazy.

Pulling for Arkansas today, coached by a Kentucky native, UK player and they have some of the best/classiest fans around.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Im rooting for Georgia. How could you not root for them? Well, unless your favorite team is on the bubble.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Wow great game between texas and kansas. Threes are going down like crazy, Augustine and Rush are killing it.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 minutes into the first half, Georgia leading 26-9. 5 to go in the 1st Illionois down by 4. Every bubble team in America is crying right now.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The KU-UT game is insane

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgia is doing work right now. 30-11.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish the Big 12 and Big Ten Championship games were on at different times so I could watch both.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
That was speculation on my part, at the time I didn't see any real scenario to get it done considering they were discussing only playing 1 game each day with co-champions at that point. I figured it would be easier to get it over with and avoid the headaches... What they did was really the best they could do with the situation. Although people got screwed out of tickets, it worked out because it would've been an absolute mess to have first come/first serve tickets.
Obviously you do not understand the context in which you say things and how they will be taken. For that, I will forgive you.

Quote:
I basically gave up after the Patterson injury, figured we'd have no chance. After that, we lost by a few inches AT the #1 overall team in the nation... Won at USC on their Sr. day/coaches final game at home then beat Florida on Sr. day.
So you should be rewarded for almost winning? It's like saying you should be punished for barely squeaking out wins versus lowly competition like USC, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, etc,. But I bet you will not be willing to say that, would you? Sound logic in that one.

And as I said again, USC and Florida are garbage teams. Not even teams that are going to the tourney.

Quote:
Since Patterson's injury (averaged 16 points and 7 boards), Jasper/Harris/Stevenson have picked up their averages by 15 points and 7 boards combined. Role players have stepped up and we are playing just as well.
And this has what to do with the overall record, quality of competition, road wins, SOS, RPI, etc., that actually factor into things?

Quote:
You're right, playing @Indiana (pre-Sampson firing), UNC, Louisville, Vandy (twice), Arkansas and UT (Twice) is absolute trash. Every team has cake games mixed in, you're a fool to think otherwise.
First off, never refer to me or anyone else as a fool. Being a Christian man, I have to say that is quite a bit offensive.

And again, you do not understand context. Please keep up or lets end this discussion, mmmay?

That was said in reference to the win streak that has allowed you to even get into the discussion of being a NCAA tourney team. You were 7-9 (1-2 in conference) at the point you went on this mini-run. Those RPI's and teams were who you played to get to 18-12. Those garbage teams you played in-conference are what allowed you to get to this point.

Three of those games you listed were OOC. Still yet, you had the 99th SOS, which shows how horrid the teams you had played were.

I mean, look at this ..

*RPI in parentheses

Central Arkansas (280)
Gardner Webb (200)
Liberty (256)
Texas Southern (320)
Stony Brook (325)
Tennessee Tech (279)
Florida International (263)

Find me another 'bubble' team that even played close to the horrid nature of this schedule.

Please follow and understand.

Quote:
Ok? Sorry we won the games we were supposed to? We also beat THREE top 25 RPI teams, what other bubble team has done that? Probably a Pac-10 team or two that beat up on Arizona, that's it.
NCAA bids are not rewarded for beating up (actually, squeaking by) on crap teams. At least they should not be.

Quote:
You know why we're a bubble team? We have no quality road wins, just like pretty much every other bubble team...

Our overall SOS is 22, we've beat 3 top 25 RPI teams and if they're thinking Virginia Tech gets in, there's absolutely no way we shouldn't. The fact that Virginia Tech is even discussed is a joke.
Virginia Tech plays in the #1 rated RPI conference in America. The are the 4th best team in that conference (just by season rankings). You wonder why they are in the discussion? Look no further than playing against quality teams who played quality competition throughout the year. That is why they are in the discussion.

But again, you don't understand the context in which things are said. Quality road wins is another thing in which hurts your overall resume. It was only one thing brought up by me (among many) that shows how weak of a potential NCAA tourney team you are.

In the end, we'll have to agree to disagree, but any fan outside the 'Cat faithful can look at the numbers rationally and pretty easily determine that Kentucky's resume is pretty weak at best.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can someone either sell me on Wisconsin, or confirm my belief that they will not do damage in the tourny. I think they are a #2 seed for sure, but I just don't buy them as a contender.

Basically, someone tell me why I should have the Badgers getting past round 2, because at this point I'm not so sure. Perhaps it's just because I don't know much about them, but if that's the case then I'd appreciate the enlightenment. :)

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly advise everyone to turn the channel to ESPN and watch the KU-UT game...it's insane

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't tell you why.. all I can say is they aren't going to blow teams out and I wouldn't blame you for not having them go that far. they have trouble with run and gun teams they like to play half court o and d

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Texas-Kansas... back and forth... and back and forth...
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

everyone brace yourselves for "Kansas is the best team in the world" talk in t-minus 40.1 seconds...

oh, and Illinois still blows

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-16-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
everyone brace yourselves for "Kansas is the best team in the world" talk in t-minus 40.1 seconds...

oh, and Illinois still blows
Looks like Kansas is going to win... but still I would go Texas then Tennessee then Kansas in terms of the last #1 seed. (That's what I think it should be, I doubt it'll turn out that way though)
Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
Looks like Kansas is going to win... but still I would go Texas then Tennessee then Kansas in terms of the last #1 seed. (That's what I think it should be, I doubt it'll turn out that way though)
it will be Kansas...they deserve it terms of the way the season ended for them, but I personally think the same as you...Texas still looked really good, just couldn't buy a bucket in the last 4 mins absolutely murdered their chances, good game by KU though no doubt

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-16-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kansas did impress me today. Chalmers is the real deal and he's gunna be huge for them in the tourny. I think depending on the seeding and the matchups, I'll prolly have them in my elite 8...I don't know though they just make me nervous.

An interesting fact I noticed on the ESPN scroll while watching the game, UNC has made the final four 11 out of 16 times after winning the ACC tourny.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Wow, what a game...We played real well, but we were lucky to come out with a win

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote: