Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Don't underestimate Bill Self's ability to choke in the tourney. Granted there's no Bucknell this year but I don't expect them to make it to the Final 4.

I wanted to pick them to lose before the final four, but there was just no team that I thought was good enough to beat them in that region.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I guess it came off pretty arrogant... Let me reword it.

I just don't see Louisville/UT/Memphis putting together the sort of run to get into the tournament, it's too easy for a good coach/disciplined team to dictate the pace of UT/Memphis and Louisville is not very disciplined... Plus they have to run through UNC/UT if they wanted to get in anyway. I can't believe Arkansas apparently ran with you all and won.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see Tennessee getting past Louisville's stout defense

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only have one team that's not a top 4 seed in the Sweet 16. >_<
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

UNC would probably be the smarter/safer pick, but they would have to play Indiana, ND, and Tenn/Louisville to get to the final four, and I am going with Louisville based on gut feeling.
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I just don't see Tennessee getting past Louisville's stout defense

Their stout halfcourt defense. It wont matter if Tennessee can beat them up the court like they want to.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
UNC would probably be the smarter/safer pick, but they would have to play Indiana, ND, and Tenn/Louisville to get to the final four, and I am going with Louisville based on gut feeling.
Indiana is a mess, I think Arkansas takes them but I understand what you're saying, I did way better back when I went with my gut so I can understand going with it.

I watch a lot of college basketball now and my last few brackets have been very so-so. Usually I kill the first two rounds then fall off.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished my bracket:

Final Four:
Louisville
Kansas
Texas
UCLA

Notable Upsets:
St. Joe's over Oklahoma
USC to the Elite Eight
Davidson over Gonzaga
Temple over Michigan State
Pitt to the Elite Eight
St. Mary's over Miami
Baylor over Purdue

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I concur with a previous poster....WAY too many people have Louisville in the Final 4.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Portland State got shafted...they should be at least a #14 seed IMO

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Times!
http://www.ncaa.com/uploadedFiles/Sp...allBracket.pdf
Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not one for the brackets, but I will make one prediction here:

There will be a #1 team that doesn't make the Sweet 16.

There are some really great teams in the 8-9 matchup. Even though that is a rare upset (less than 14 over 3 or things of that nature), I can see it happening this year.

Kent State, UNLV, and BYU are all teams that could be dangerous.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Man, I posted those up for you earlier but you didn't get a chance to see them I guess haha.

Virginia Tech's coach whining, maybe if they beat somebody they would've got in.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and small schools got the shaft...again. Illinois State and Dayton both should be in.

And why is Oregon a #9 seed? Gimme a break.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, can't believe Dayton didn't get in (they're only a 3 seed in the NIT I think), they beat Louisville AT Louisville.

The Pac-10 teams (Oregon/Arizona) got ranked entirely too high,.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Oh and small schools got the shaft...again. Illinois State and Dayton both should be in.

not to mention the wrong Arizona school made it IMHO
Old 03-16-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
wow 11:25?don't most 1 seed not play til the 6 pm game at the earliest?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon shouldn't even be in the tournament.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Nah, they like to get that game out of the way early

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Is Bob Knight serious? 128 teams? Yeesh.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Dayton, yes, but didn't Illinois St. get beat by like 30 in their conference tourney? I can see why that would knock a team off the bubble in the eyes of the committee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
No, they play earlier because they are less appealing for TV. 8-9 games and around there like the Kansas State-USC games get the primetime slots.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Dayton, yes, but didn't Illinois St. get beat by like 30 in their conference tourney? I can see why that would knock a team off the bubble in the eyes of the committee.
Dayton doesn't deserve a bid...They went like 6-6 their last 12 games and lost in the first round of the A-10 tourney...just a horrible finish

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Yeah I said the same thing at the time, but there were so few bubble teams that stepped up.

I'd take Oregon and Kentucky out and put Dayton and Illinois State in. The criteria should be based on the whole season, not how you play at certain points of it.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Dayton doesn't deserve a bid...They went like 6-6 their last 12 games and lost in the first round of the A-10 tourney...just a horrible finish
So? It should be about the season you put together. Kentucky got their asses handed to them by Gardner-Webb.