Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Dayton doesn't deserve a bid...They went like 6-6 their last 12 games and lost in the first round of the A-10 tourney...just a horrible finish
Hmm, I see. I was basing my opinion on how they dominated St. Joes a week ago. That looked like a team more than worthy of being in the big dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So? It should be about the season you put together. Kentucky got their asses handed to them by Gardner-Webb.
I guess our tournament resume should be based on one game. They lost to a 9-17 George Washington. Illinois St. lost to Eastern Michigan who has a lower RPI than GW.

I do agree Dayton should've got a shot, over Oregon or Arizona.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 03-17-2008 at 12:03 AM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NIT bracket for whoever it was that asked...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas...s/viewable_nit
Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
NIT bracket for whoever it was that asked...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas...s/viewable_nit
Va Tech doesn't make it past the 2nd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Can't wait to see my boy up against USC. I don't know how to view that match-up. USC by all means should win, but I don't know if Mayo will revert back to his old tendencies in the presence of another (and unquestionably greater) college star. Plus, Jefferson and Gibson seem to be off and on as much as K-State's supporting cast. IMO, this game is going to be relatively close regardless, either because the teams will be on or because they'll be sloppy.

Also surprised Duke got a 2 seed. Their second round game, IMO, will be trouble regardless because of what those teams offer. But if they can get by that team, I can very easily see them getting to the Elite Eight.

Just looking at the brackets though, the South is ridiculous. If Memphis can manage to get all the way through that, they should take the whole thing. IMO, in terms of strength of the bracket, I'd go with: South > East > West > Midwest.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah. We should all do our own bracket challenge sort of thing. Maybe for rep or whatever.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

There's one posted up, I'm joined. Don't remember the ID/Pass though, hopefully someone else can help.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maryland will win the NIT!

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I guess our tournament resume should be based on one game. They lost to a 9-17 George Washington. Illinois St. lost to Eastern Michigan who has a lower RPI than GW.

I do agree Dayton should've got a shot, over Oregon or Arizona.
No I don't think Kentucky had the overall resume to get in either. They got in because they did well in a weak SEC and because their name is Kentucky.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UMASS will win the NIT!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't decide whether Pitt can beat Memphis and/or Baylor can beat Duke...

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Final 4 two years ago and then the elite 8 last year... and it's hard to argue that they won't be a lot better this year than either of those teams. Calipari doesn't let them play down to the level of their competition too much, although I agree there schedule hurts them in March. I just think they're too good this year. I predict they'll go undefeated, tourney and all.
Sooo close.... still picking them to win it all.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No I don't think Kentucky had the overall resume to get in either. They got in because they did well in a weak SEC and because their name is Kentucky.
4th in conference RPI and 2nd in most bids...

I do agree that our name obviously helped. Arizona/Oregon/UK/Villanova's resume with a mid-major gets them in. Dayton is the one team I feel should've been in.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i still have no idea how Arizona got a bid and ASU did not.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i still have no idea how Arizona got a bid and ASU did not.
People are too caught up with Arizona State winning both games. It's simple, really.

Arizona
RPI: 38th
SOS: 2nd
vs RPI top 100: 10-12
Big Wins: vs #9 Texas A&M, vs #6 Washington State, at #17 Washington State
Big Losses: @ #4 Kansas, @ #2 Memphis, @ #5 UCLA, vs #7 Stanford, vs #4 UCLA

Arizona State
RPI: 83rd
SOS: 77th
vs RPI top 100: 7-11
Big Wins: vs #17 Xavier, vs #7 Stanford
Big Losses: vs #6 Washington State, @ #5 UCLA, @ #17 Washington State, vs #4 UCLA
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how well Vanderbilt plays perimeter defense...If they don't have a great perimeter D, I think Siena will pull off the upset

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, does anyone think Butler can take down Tennessee? I'm strongly considering calling the upset

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, does anyone think Butler can take down Tennessee? I'm strongly considering calling the upset
Well I have South Alabama taking down Tennesee in round two but I don't think that Butler can...I've seen them play and I am very familiar with the Horizon League, and I believe Butler is certainly more talented than any team in the conference but the League sucks and Butler is overrated

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Does anyone know how well Vanderbilt plays perimeter defense...If they don't have a great perimeter D, I think Siena will pull off the upset
Vandy can D you up, they're no slouches in that regard. A lot of their chances really depend on Ogilvy and Foster getting their points which they normally do.

I would've had them in the elite 8 but Kansas should show them who's boss.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Well I have South Alabama taking down Tennesee in round two but I don't think that Butler can...I've seen them play and I am very familiar with the Horizon League, and I believe Butler is certainly more talented than any team in the conference but the League sucks and Butler is overrated
Why do you think South Alabama will beat Butler?

Also, who does everyone have in Purdue vs. Baylor...I can't decide between Purdue's great perimeter D or Baylor's great perimeter O

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do you think South Alabama will beat Butler?

Also, who does everyone have in Purdue vs. Baylor...I can't decide between Purdue's great perimeter D or Baylor's great perimeter O
South Alabama is 10x more athletic than Butler and will run them out of the gym

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Baylor for experience, haven't seen either Baylor or Purdue play hardly so it's basically a hunch and I know Purdue is young.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
South Alabama is 10x more athletic than Butler and will run them out of the gym
But does South Alabama play good enough defense to control the pace and make it a fast paced game?

Also, you're a Big 10 fan right? Do you think Purdue's defense can shut down Baylor's offense

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baylor is legit.Scott Drew should be Nation COY IMO for the great job he's done since he got there
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Baylor is legit.Scott Drew should be Nation COY IMO for the great job he's done since he got there
Yeah, I'm going with Baylor

The only game that is really causing problems now is UNLV vs. Kent State

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote: