Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Yeah, I'm going with Baylor

The only game that is really causing problems now is UNLV vs. Kent State
I've got UNLV...They guard the perimeter well, and Kent St. Tends to play teams close.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Baylor beating Tennessee. It is pure speculation and hunch.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many of you guys also have Georgia beating X? I don't, but I'm curious how much big-conference bias there is.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I've got UNLV...They guard the perimeter well, and Kent St. Tends to play teams close.
Yes, now I know I need to take Kent State.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I have UNLV as well, but I'm not so strong on it.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have Baylor losing there 1st game by 20

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I wasn't a fan of Baylor getting in at all, and I don't think they will be much of a factor this year. Just my opinion.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
How many of you guys also have Georgia beating X? I don't, but I'm curious how much big-conference bias there is.
I have Xavier to the Elite 8

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have Xavier losing in the 2nd round to Purdue

Old 03-17-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Yes, now I know I need to take Kent State.
I also think Miami will beat USF and Jon Gruden is the best coach ever, then.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you think will win between Drake and UConn

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
I have UConn, Thabeet should step it up in the tourney.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
I also think Miami will beat USF and Jon Gruden is the best coach ever, then.
You mean Jon Gruden is the worst coach ever under that logic.....haha at least I'm 1/2 in that post.

Quote:
Who should win? UConn.

Who will win? Probably Drake.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You mean Jon Gruden is the worst coach ever under that logic.....haha at least I'm 1/2 in that post.
But I think Jon Gruden is the best coach ever...:P

Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life : 03-17-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Tampa 2 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have four possible upsets that I'd like some insight/feedback on...don't tell me that you don't think Team A or w/e will be in that game or not, just assume they were, who would you pick.

Pitt over Texas to get into the final four.

UConn over UCLA to get into the elite 8.

West Virginia over Duke to get into the sweet 16.

USC over George Town to get into the elite 8.

Thoughts?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
I have four possible upsets that I'd like some insight/feedback on...don't tell me that you don't think Team A or w/e will be in that game or not, just assume they were, who would you pick.

Thoughts?
USC will lose to Kansas State

Old 03-17-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Thoughts?
No
No
Yes
Yes

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
USC will lose to Kansas State
Have you seen KSU play this past month...they've been absolutely anemic

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Have you seen KSU play this past month...they've been absolutely anemic
Agree. Beasley or no Beasley, KSU will not win that game. I've watched them more than almost any other team (excluding UCONN) and they just look awful.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thoughts?
Pitt could very well beat Texas b/c their talent really isn't that much lower than that of Texas. The only thing that worries me is the came is in Houston so it would pretty much be a home came for Texas.

UCONN has their moments and if they are able to find their best game then maybe they can beat UCLA, but I doubt it. UCLA has the experience and talent to take them all the way to the NC game and I don't think UCONN will get in their way

Duke is a very streaky team shooting wise, and West Virginia is a very discipline team so I could see this upset coming. Alexander would need to have a nice game, and Duke has shown us that if they go cold then it'll be tough for them to win

USC has alot of YOUNG talent, but they don't have the experience, size, or depth to compete with a team like Georgetown.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only serious one's I was considering was the Pitt vs Texas one and the WV vs. Duke game and in the end I only went with WV over Duke...if anyone was interested, I really like WV's team, they've won some big games...I'm a real Duke hater as well, not a fan of their Bball team the last few years...

Another serious question. Will Kansas make the Final Four? I mean in all honesty, I'd like to say no, I truly don't think they have what it takes, but more to the point, I don't think there is anyone who will contest them. I mean again, I'd like to say no because I don't think they necessarily "deserve" it (you don't have to agree with me) but who's gunna beat them? Can anyone in that region beat them?

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only serious one's I was considering was the Pitt vs Texas one and the WV vs. Duke game and in the end I only went with WV over Duke...if anyone was interested, I really like WV's team, they've won some big games...I'm a real Duke hater as well, not a fan of their Bball team the last few years...

Another serious question. Will Kansas make the Final Four? I mean in all honesty, I'd like to say no, I truly don't think they have what it takes, but more to the point, I don't think there is anyone who will contest them. I mean again, I'd like to say no because I don't think they necessarily "deserve" it (you don't have to agree with me) but who's gunna beat them? Can anyone in that region beat them?
Obviously Kansas won't have a tough time in round one with Portland State, and in round two say they play Kent State, they shouldn't have many problems there either. Go to the Sweet 16 now in Detroit where they could go up against Clemson. Clemson is playing really good basketball right now, and throughout the year they gave a tough test to UNC regardless of the location. Now if a team can compete with UNC then they can compete with Kansas. Clemson is very athletic and very well coached. They may not have the well-known names like Kansas, but they play as a team and at the end of the day they get the job done. I believe they could upset Kansas. If Kansas wins in the round of 16 then they might play Georgetown. Georgetown is very skilled and they know what the tourney is all about and what it takes to get to the Final Four. This would be a very compelling matchup and I do think Georgetown can beat Kansas as well. If it's not Clemson or Georgetown then I don't think a team from the Midwest region can beat them, but there are two that can.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

Quote:

What don't they have? What are they lacking?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dickie V and I are on the same page. We have the exact same Final 4.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the Sportscenter analyst's final four's were pretty brutal.. I think all of them had all 4 1 seeds

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote