Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-03-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
im down with that statement
Of course I'm relying a lot, we'll prolly go into the Ohio St. game 11-0 and they'll be like 7-4, and Tressel will make Carr his little ***** again.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Well I definately think Ohio State can be beaten and USC would give them a hell of a game. Most of the people saying we would lose to Ohio State also said we wouldn't beat Michigan. I think USC is the best team in the country when they come to play, the problem is they don't always show up to play...you can call me a homer, but that is my honest opinion.

Even Mike Hart said we played ecspecially better defensively than Ohio State did against them. I think if we played the way we did yesterday we would give Ohio State a really close game

Again it comes down to how USC protects Smith scrambling around the pocket.He's not gonna be like a sitting duck like Henne.IfUSC blitzed OSU as many times as we did Michigan,Smith would roll away and find enough time to find a reciver open in man to man coverage.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

we would have to specifically taylor our defense around Ohio State's offense just like we did in the Rose Bowl with Michigan's offense.

we could use a similar attack as the Rose Bowl but we would have to come up with a few different defensive schemes to contain Smith and keep him from being mobile. I think if we had time to prepare would make it real interesting for him

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
we would have to specifically taylor our defense around Ohio State's offense just like we did in the Rose Bowl with Michigan's offense.

we could use a similar attack as the Rose Bowl but we would have to come up with a few different defensive schemes to contain Smith and keep him from being mobile. I think if we had time to prepare would make it real interesting for him
Troy doesn't use his mobility much anymore.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:15 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

he does a little... I see him roll away from the pressure but he never really runs past the line of scrimage in order to pick up a first down really. it seems like he always just wants to sit back and pass rather than make a play with his feet. also troy smith is fast but he's not on the level of speed of say a guy like vince young for example

Old 01-03-2007, 03:18 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Thats true, he uses his elusiveness to escape sacks and get out of the pocket more then anything. I'm not sure there are ways to gameplan for something like that.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 01-03-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

maybe, maybe not...but i still think we would give tOSU a very tough match up regaurdless

Old 01-03-2007, 03:23 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

I agree. I think the Buckeyes would take it in a close one.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 01-03-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

hmm...i think it would be a toss up but i think you would have more to handle than you did against michigan

Old 01-04-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
danman253

My thoughts on the game:

1. USC is flat-out better than Michigan.

As did every Michigan fan, i underestimated them. They have a great defense and the WR corp is just as if not better than OSUs. Also the coaching staff did a great job. Kiffin did his best to use some mobility with JDB, and USCs defensive scheme worked to perfection. Hats off to them

2. Morgan Trent sucks

Covering Dwayne Jarrett is never esy, but jesus christ Trent you were burned by every receiver out there. This is the same guy who outran Ted Ginn in a hs track sprint medley, and Jarrett is roasting him. Also Leon Hall was ineffective seeing as how they threw at him about 2 times.

3. David Harris is the best defensive player on Michigan

He was everywhere. He was all over the place and was by far our best defensive player. Great tackler, sideline to sideline speed. Can lay a hit as well. Its a shame he never won a bowl, he was a great player.

4. Brian Cushing is an amazing player, and will be better than Maualuga.

Although my first impression of him was "wife beater", he was everywhere. USC fans where does he project better DE or OLB? Cuz i believe he could excel at both positions.

5. Dwayne Jarrett is a monster and needs to leave college football

The best Receiver to go to USC. He is amazing, and if he does not declare he is a jerk :evil: .

I still think Henne s better than JDB.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This game convinced me of just how good of a coach Pete Carroll is. USC has a lot of talent, but they were so young and inexperienced. They just basically dominated a team that many felt was the second best team in the nation. Wow.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

that's exactly why ive always felt we could hang with Ohio State.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

i dont mean any disrespect to Michigan supporters but is it just me or is mike hart a little overrated too? he seems like a good rb but i never viewed him on the level of a peterson, lynch or mcfadden...just wondering what you guys thought?

Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i dont mean any disrespect to Michigan supporters but is it just me or is mike hart a little overrated too? he seems like a good rb but i never viewed him on the level of a peterson, lynch or mcfadden...just wondering what you guys thought?
I don't think anyone viewed him on that level, though I'm not sold on Lynch yet personally. He's just a solid, dependable college back.

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage
Time for some Big 10 domination
yup.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

you didn't think Lynch looked awesome in the Holiday Bowl?

Old 01-04-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Hart isn't overrated, he isn't flashy, he's a dependable work horse who doesn't fumble. He's a tad small, but tell that to Marcie-jones Drew.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
danman253

Hart isn't overrated but he is not like an Adrian Peterson who can take over the game even if he has no blocking.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hart is a good college RB. But that is all he is. He is neither big enough to run over NFL caliber players, or fast enough to run past them. He has heart and drive, but so do many players.
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
Hart isn't overrated, he isn't flashy, he's a dependable work horse who doesn't fumble. He's a tad small, but tell that to Marcie-jones Drew.
Very true. I never thought Jones Drew would have evn made a team. I was way wrong. Hart could be a nfl prospect with some more pounds and muscle, but I really think he won't be in the NFL.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote