Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Iron Pigs are decent people!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest updet of the day? Fullerton over Wisconsin.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Biggest updet of the day? Fullerton over Wisconsin.
I hope so. That's the one crazy upset I have.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I hope so. That's the one crazy upset I have.
I have them in both brackets I did. I even have them going to the Sweet 16 in one.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the Fullerton hype. Yes they are a great shooting team, but they don't have a player over 6'5". All it takes is one cold streak and they are done. They're playing with the big boys now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't understand the Fullerton hype. Yes they are a great shooting team, but they don't have a player over 6'5". All it takes is one cold streak and they are done. They're playing with the big boys now.
They got a good matchup though. Wisconsin isn't great. The Big 10 is general was bad this year. The only team I have winning a game is Michigan State, and I was so tempted to take Temple. My trust in Izzo is the only reason I took MSU. Fullerton has talent and are mostly seniors.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin doesn't need to be great, it's Cal-State Fullerton.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Wisconsin doesn't need to be great, it's Cal-State Fullerton.
Well if Wisconsin goes in with that attitude, they will be even more likely to lose.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They got a good matchup though. Wisconsin isn't great. The Big 10 is general was bad this year. The only team I have winning a game is Michigan State, and I was so tempted to take Temple. My trust in Izzo is the only reason I took MSU. Fullerton has talent and are mostly seniors.
Wisconsin is a great team, with the emphasis on the word TEAM. I am from Wisconsin but have always been a Texas fan, so it's not homerism or anything. They are 29-4 with their 4 losses to ranked teams, only quality win outside the Big Ten which is probably a little weak is against Texas but that game was at Texas and was a huge win. To say Fullerton is gonna win is really, really out on a limb. Wisconsin doesnt have a star player but they are still a top 10 team easily. I dont think they can win the title or anything but they are still a great team and should have gotten a #2 seed instead of a #3. Big 10 aint that great but they still have 4 ranked teams. Problem is the other 3 ranked teams (purdue, m. state, and indy) have all been tremendously inconsistent. Again not trying to say Wisconsin is the greatest team or anything, but they still are a great team.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgia is playing excellent D on Xavier right now and are shooting very well. I am impressed.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-20-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I can't stand this ****. What makes Wisconsin so bad? That we don't score in the 80s? Well when you have the best defensive team in the nation you don't need to. Cal State Fullerton has no chance, that is a stupid pick and there is no good reasoning behind it. Picking USC over us I can at least understand but I think it's still very unlikely. Flowers is a shut down defender. He can take shooters out of the game. He held Drew Neitzel who is a much better shooter than anyone on CSF or USC or KSU to just 3 points in the regular season. Then we could put a lineup out that everyone but Flowers is taller than their tallest player. And it'd be a lineup that we actually use with good players, not just the tallest on our team. Greg Steinsma(6-11), Brian Butch(6-11), Marcus Landry(6-7), Joe Krabbenhoft(6-7), Michael Flowers (6-2). It's going to be a long game for Cal State Fullerton. With our style of play blowouts don't occur very often, but this one could be.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Wisconsin is a great team, with the emphasis on the word TEAM. I am from Wisconsin but have always been a Texas fan, so it's not homerism or anything. They are 29-4 with their 4 losses to ranked teams, only quality win outside the Big Ten which is probably a little weak is against Texas but that game was at Texas and was a huge win. To say Fullerton is gonna win is really, really out on a limb. Wisconsin doesnt have a star player but they are still a top 10 team easily. I dont think they can win the title or anything but they are still a great team and should have gotten a #2 seed instead of a #3. Big 10 aint that great but they still have 4 ranked teams. Problem is the other 3 ranked teams (purdue, m. state, and indy) have all been tremendously inconsistent. Again not trying to say Wisconsin is the greatest team or anything, but they still are a great team.
I actaully think Wisconsin might be the weakest #3 seed, except for maybe Xavier. I just couldn't put them as a #2 over Louisville and Stanford.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If Cal St. is going to win, they will have to shoot 43% at least from 3. They will get less than 3 offensive rebounds all game.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Xavier isn't that weak at all. Can't really say they're better than Wisconsin, though.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so excited when I hear Gus Johnson. He's a billion times better than Billy Packer and he's not a massive douchebag, so it really is a shame he's not a head commentator but he's great to hear in the early rounds.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Xavier isn't that weak at all. Can't really say they're better than Wisconsin, though.
I'm not really saying any of teams are weak. Just that Fullerton is a poised senior team with a lot of talent that transfered out of larger programs. Getting Wisconsin is a better matchup for them than Louisville or Stanford. It seems I've upset the cheeseheads. Everyone takes a few upsets in the brackets. I took Fullerton. We shall see.
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Packer in his prime was an excellent commentator. Now, he's just a curmudgeon and a douche.

bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I'm not really saying any of teams are weak. Just that Fullerton is a poised senior team with a lot of talent that transfered out of larger programs. Getting Wisconsin is a better matchup for them than Louisville or Stanford. It seems I've upset the cheeseheads. Everyone takes a few upsets in the brackets. I took Fullerton. We shall see.
That is fine. I wasn't saying you were wrong.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actaully think Wisconsin might be the weakest #3 seed, except for maybe Xavier. I just couldn't put them as a #2 over Louisville and Stanford.
i'm not gonna say wisconsin is better than any of the 2s but i was shocked that they can have a 29-4 record and winning their conference tourney (weaker this year but still is one of the big conferences) and get beat out by GTown and Duke which both had worse records and didnt win their conference tourneys. No real problem with GTown but thought they should get a 2 over Duke.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

GTown and Duke had stronger conferences to play against and are stronger brand names with the committee.

EvilMonkey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't stand this ****. What makes Wisconsin so bad? That we don't score in the 80s? Well when you have the best defensive team in the nation you don't need to. Cal State Fullerton has no chance, that is a stupid pick and there is no good reasoning behind it. Picking USC over us I can at least understand but I think it's still very unlikely. Flowers is a shut down defender. He can take shooters out of the game. He held Drew Neitzel who is a much better shooter than anyone on CSF or USC or KSU to just 3 points in the regular season. Then we could put a lineup out that everyone but Flowers is taller than their tallest player. And it'd be a lineup that we actually use with good players, not just the tallest on our team. Greg Steinsma(6-11), Brian Butch(6-11), Marcus Landry(6-7), Joe Krabbenhoft(6-7), Michael Flowers (6-2). It's going to be a long game for Cal State Fullerton. With our style of play blowouts don't occur very often, but this one could be.
well depends what people qualify as a blowout. A 15 point win by Wisconsin would probably be a big blowout. Wisconsin can just get up 10 and you have no shot of getting back in the game after that. Agree 100% with everything you've said. Dont really get the knocking of Wisconsin. Yeah they dont have a star but one star player doesnt make a great TEAM.
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
i'm not gonna say wisconsin is better than any of the 2s but i was shocked that they can have a 29-4 record and winning their conference tourney (weaker this year but still is one of the big conferences) and get beat out by GTown and Duke which both had worse records and didnt win their conference tourneys. No real problem with GTown but thought they should get a 2 over Duke.
I think you already answered your question. Don't have the numbers in front of me, but I would assume the strength of schedule was vastly different. Duke only had one more loss than Wisconsin. If you switched what conferences they played in this season, I think the results would be alarming. The Big 10 was bad.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No real problem with GTown but thought they should get a 2 over Duke.
I watched Duke absolutely destroy Wisconsin earlier in the year 82-58 and it was a lot worse than the score indicated. Thats why I assumed Duke got the 2. That and the media loves them.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Wisconsin was solid and deserved its #3 seeding. I rate them as the #3 or #4 3 seed. It's not really that close.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final Four:

Kansas
Tenn. TENN WINNING IT ALL
Texas
UCLA

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote