Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles really like a guy, they will trade up to get him. As they showed last year, they are also not afraid to drop back to get a guy they like at a stronger value. After the elite guys in the top 12-14, there is a long group in the 15-45 range that can grade out similarly. Might not pay to move up in that kind of environment unless they absolutely love someone.

The Eagles' biggest needs are OT depth, WR quality, PR/KR, DLine depth, then safety of the future.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may have played poorly at LT in the giants game but he had a lot of starting time the final 2 games at RT against the saints and bills and looked really good. In a couple years I'm sure everyone will have forgot about the giants game.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im gonna miss the Strahan/Runyan battles. I guess the next chapter will be Tuck vs Justice.

...i got money on Tuck lol.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Which LT are they going to draft, if Long/Clady/Williams/Otah/and maybe Albert are off the board? There isn't one remotely worth considering there.

Phillips at #19? Eh, maybe that's a bit high. He wore the same uni as Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, let's stop trying to be cute and make the comparison more than it really is.

Besides, I would think FS is more valuable to the Eagles and their first round pick usage. Dawkins is probably playing his last year.
Remember, though, that Dawkins himself was a second round draft pick. I think that the Eagles FO, more than any other team, places an emphasis on getting big guys early and leaving less important positions for later rounds. Even if Dawkins is playing his last year, I don't think they'd reach on a safety in the first round, especially with the awesome CB corp they have.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Eagles may go safety in the first orund, depending upon who is available, but safety will be taken care of in the first three rounds for sure.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
he will always be remembered for the giants game.
It's the Bill Buckner effect.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Remember, though, that Dawkins himself was a second round draft pick. I think that the Eagles FO, more than any other team, places an emphasis on getting big guys early and leaving less important positions for later rounds. Even if Dawkins is playing his last year, I don't think they'd reach on a safety in the first round, especially with the awesome CB corp they have.
To be honest, I think the Eagles might slide Sheldon Brown back to FS once Dawkins retires.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Brown is big enough to play FS, why not just get Kenny Phillips.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I don't think Brown is big enough to play FS, why not just get Kenny Phillips.
He's the same size as Ed Reed, Brown's a very good tackler, and has decent ball skills. He also has hands by stonehenge, but nobody's perfect. Don't go for Phillips, because the Eagles have bigger needs. The top priority should be getting a red zone threat for Donovan McNabb.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To get back on topic, Justice is still a good RT prospect. For some reason, the Eagles thought it would be a great idea to leave him on an island against one of the league's best defensive ends without TE/RB help. Great job.

The Eagles need to look at LT and keep Justice on the right side. And God I hope they don't take Cherilus. He's incredibly overrated IMO and a very likely bust.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote