Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
He is a poor man's Peterson. I'm not saying he's as close to as good as Peterson, but he's a backup/spot starter Peterson with his size and skills.

I'm pretty sure he hacked it well at the East West Shrine Game...5 carries for 41 yards to be exact. You're right though, he got his chances and he didn't make it, but I'd like to know why. Many others share the same feeling as I do.....he's Canadian and White and therefore there is no justification of keeping a player like that on the roster. I think one of the Seahawks and Redskins even had injuries at the position after he was signed but he still didn't make it....he definitely has/had the talent, but it could be that he doesn't understand American offensive terminology or something hidden that you don't notice on a highlight tape. I do have my doubts though.
I'm split.

I think he'd be a solid Role player as a 3rd down/Short Yardage back.

I see a lot of Jerome Bettis in him.

The way he holds the ball, his agillity for his size with the quick choppy steps and the ability to sidestep or run over.

He has another gear, but he doesn't have 4.3 speed, he was caught a tone of times.

I'm frankly more interesting in that #69 (LG or LT?) but that guy is a Very Athletic Mauling looking player. Very quick out on screens.

But back to Lumsden. I think he could be a Ladell Betts like player, maybe a starter in short spurts, but I don't think he's a Franchise caliber.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also got a chance with the Packers in 2005 and didn't make it.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Noah Herron did.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
No he didnt. Jesse was only with Seattle and Washington.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure he never got a shot with the Packers.

ur quick billingsley

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Jesse impressed and earned tons of praise throughout East West Shrine but never saw the field in preseason for the Seahawks in 05'. He got hurt early in camp and recovered before a preseason game with Dallas. He was assured by the Seahawks he would get some carries, he never even got past the sidelines. He was cut the next day.
In 06' the Skins signed him and he was reportedly very impressive in the Baltimore-Washington scrimmage and training camp. However, once it came to preseason, he was in for maybe about two plays total. It was pretty clear that Washington had their running back depth chart set long before Lumsden even got there. They had no intention of allowing him to unseat any established Redskins and they barely let him on the field even in the third and fourth games of preseason when everybody gets a shot.

I guess lots of guys get hosed every year but it's not often that someone with his measurables and resume' gets axed without a chance to even showcase himself.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

I'm frankly more interesting in that #69 (LG or LT?) but that guy is a Very Athletic Mauling looking player. Very quick out on screens.

But back to Lumsden. I think he could be a Ladell Betts like player, maybe a starter in short spurts, but I don't think he's a Franchise caliber.
The Ti-Cats have one of the worst lines I've ever seen in professional football. They can't pass block whatsoever.

Franchise caliber? He's good but that would be ridiculous if a franchise back was sitting in Canada (not by choice). I agree with your assessment but even mentioning those words is a stretch.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I think I would still rather take Darryl Stephenson from Windsor over him. Stephenson I believe either broke, or is very close to breaking many of Lumsden's records. And yea, Jamal Lee is bigger than 6'1 215. When I went to Bishops in early february, I was tlking to him, and he damn near my size, and Im 6'3. He is a talent, seriously, but I like Stephenson. Big, fast, can cut and can pound the rock. I think he may got a shot as well in the NFL.
At the CFL Combine Testing Darryl Stephenson ran a 4.7 40, benched 225 23 times, 4.41 shuttle, 37 inch vertical, 9'11 1/2 broad jump. Pretty good numbers except for the forty. If he is able to cut that down at all he can be a beast. He is 6'2 225, and I believe broke Jesse Lumsden's records. If I am wrong, he was awfully close to beating them.
Someone might give him a shot with a tryout, but I think these numbers show that he can cut and has agility, and is also an all around athlete.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Di_EgbPr00

This video should show you everything. He won the Hec Crieghton in 2006 (Canadian Heisman) and this video shows you his hands, his cuts, power, change of direction and breakway speed. I think he looks like a little better prospect than Jesse Lumsden was.

P.S Check out the run at 3:20.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
seriously? people are posting quotes from his dad and things he's said that some nameless seattle player agreed with as if they're actual supporting evidence? jesus christ.

two nfl teams cut him and it's unacceptable that he just wasn't good enough? come on. that's pathetic.

Right on. If he's could cut it in the NFL, he'd be there. No matter what his color.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never heard of him... but from the videos... dude looks like a beast

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote