Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think an interesting point has been raised though, that the Bears are being rewarded? Did potential mid-season tampering ... supposedly hurt their season or their team? It's certainly an interesting result, without a doubt.

And I'm fine with the punishment, I suppose. Honestly I didn't think there would be any punishment nevermind the loss of a draft pick, there must have been some strong evidence or someone came forward to tell the real story (although I remember wondering why Briggs wasn't called in to give a statement with Lovie Smith and Jerry Angelo, which I found very strange). I'm just scratching my head a bit about the 3rd round picks switch.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

can we switch next year's 1st too?
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bears are rewarded then why weren't the Jets when the Pats were caught cheating against them?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
If the Bears are rewarded then why weren't the Jets when the Pats were caught cheating against them?
Yah, if there is one thing that Goodell is not, it is fair and balanced. He likes to make examples out of people/organizations, which is fine, but he doesn't do it uniformly across situations. Oh well, that is the state of NFL and it's not worth complaining too much over.

Now that the standard for tampering has been set at loss of a 5th and swap of a 3rd, lets see if that penalty will be the same across the board, even to big name GM's like Parcels (who signed justin smiley from the 49ers hours after free agency started).
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, wait, wait on here, people. Let's not start lighting the torches just yet.

The Patriots taping the Jets in Week 1 of the 2007 season didn't help them win that game and/or hurt the Jets.

You can argue that the 49ers potentially tampering (I'm still left questioning about the "evidence," unless Rosenhaus or Briggs told the real story ... and a lot of players and agents could tell real stories in the league today) hurt the Bears.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Complete BS, this is ********.