Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.
Default Titans OG Benji Olson retires...

Titans guard Benji Olson, a mainstay of the offensive line the past 10 seasons, announced his retirement from the NFL during a press conference at Baptist Sports Park today.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80327024/1027

He has been a great player for a long time and the Titans will surely miss him.
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should OG be added to the draft needs list?
Sorry to see him go

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

I don't think this will affect the Titans draft approach. That was expected. The Titans lost Jacob Bell earlier this offseason and signed Jake Scott from the Colts who is a good OG. Scott will most likely play RG and the Titans have 3 very capable youngsters to play LG. It will most likely be Eugene Amano who played a lot last year due to the injuries of Olson, Mawae, and Bell at some point and played really well. Daniel Loper and Leroy Harris could also fight for that spot but Amano is very capable of starting.
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've also heard that Amamo is likely to replace Olson which was expected to retire.

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

We have 3 viable options at guard so the highest pick I see us using on an OG is a 5th rounder.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eugene Amano shouted out my high school on national tv
Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benji was a good player. He has looked a little slower recently, maybe a part of age and his back problems. But if his back wasn't so bad, he could maybe play a few more years.

We could possibly see an upgrade though with one of the younger guys. I'm hoping for a good camp/preseason battle. I think they may draft a late round guy. Could even go with an OT since Loper (the backup OT) looked good at OG. They drafted Mike Otto last year.....maybe he has a shot at the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Eugene Amano shouted out my high school on national tv
I like the guy. So that at least makes two of us ;)
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote