Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: what would you do?
put in your backup(hes been around for about 3yrs.) 39 76.47%
free agent 13 25.49%
draft 18 35.29%
trade 10 19.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Good luck getting Braylon Edwards at #24 in the 2005 draft.
I'm saying that the Browns had a choice with Edwards or Rodgers and they chose Edwards. I think they made the right choice.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I'm saying that the Browns had a choice with Edwards or Rodgers and they chose Edwards. I think they made the right choice.
Of course they made the right choice, but they were a struggling franchise in need of a talent infusion at just about every position, so picking the best player available made sense for them. The Browns' situation has absolutely nothing to do with what the Packers could've done back then or in 2007. If you want to give another option that the Packers could've picked at 24 that year that they reasonably would have with the 24th pick to go along with Quinn, be my guest, but to say Quinn and Edwards vs. Rodgers and Harrell is a totally unfair comparison, because the Packers never could've had Quinn and Edwards.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Of course they made the right choice, but they were a struggling franchise in need of a talent infusion at just about every position, so picking the best player available made sense for them. The Browns' situation has absolutely nothing to do with what the Packers could've done back then or in 2007. If you want to give another option that the Packers could've picked at 24 that year that they reasonably would have with the 24th pick to go along with Quinn, be my guest, but to say Quinn and Edwards vs. Rodgers and Harrell is a totally unfair comparison, because the Packers never could've had Quinn and Edwards.
I'll give you that, but I just disagree with lumping Harrell into the situation. I feel that those two picks should be kept independent of each other because I'm sure if they didn't draft Rodgers in 05, they may have drafted Leinart in 06.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll give you that, but I just disagree with lumping Harrell into the situation. I feel that those two picks should be kept independent of each other because I'm sure if they didn't draft Rodgers in 05, they may have drafted Leinart in 06.
I understand where you're coming from there (though Thompson passing on A.J. Hawk?), but the person I was addressing said he'd rather have Quinn, which is why I went there. Like I said, I feel it would be perfectly reasonable to throw in another player that the Packers would've considered at 24 in 2005 into this mix, but that's why I was doing the Quinn comparison.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Build a time machine go into the future, clone Johnny Unitas, and then when he's at his peak bring him back from the future to start for your team.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
Build a time machine go into the future, clone Johnny Unitas, and then when he's at his peak bring him back from the future to start for your team.
That's what the red sox have been trying to do with Ted Williams for years.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
gdamac
Veteran

gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.gdamac is a cocksman.

depends on, who the back up is, what the draft class looks like, where I was picking, and what the free agent/trade market looked like.

If I am the Packers I give Rogers a chance, but I might grab a QB on day two of the draft and/or sign Culpepper or another vet for insurance. I don't know what they have behind Rogers.

gdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you trust your backup, go with him and bring in a good free agent to back him up.

If you DON'T trust your backup, go to the draft and still get a good free agent, and let them battle in camp.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
That's what the red sox have been trying to do with Ted Williams for years.
But the red sox are evil and the forces of evil can not break through the space time continuum.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote