Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Yeah... I bought in two (like every year), I won it when Michigan St. beat Florida in '99 or whatever, I was like 12 lol. Since I've come close a couple times but haven't done much lately.

My FF in the one I'm essentially first in (other person picked Gtown to win it all) is UNC, Gtown, UCLA and Texas with UNC over UCLA. I really need Kansas to not make the FF but I'm not sure if it's a must for them to not make it. Everyone else was pretty far behind.

My other FF is UNC, Kansas, Texas, UCLA. Picked UCLA over Kansas, if Memphis loses tonight (I think anyway) and UCLA takes Kansas I'll win.. Not sure how well I'll do with this one.
Yea, the guy I'm losing to put in two and was the only person in the whole pool to do that so I'm kinda upset about that.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

C'mon Wisc. You've got 2:53 left. That 17 point defecit can be overcome.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who does two brackets? its 1 bracket per pool

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha yeah... I always feel like a loser for doing it but I let it be known which one I really think will happen so I can only claim the good picks on it. The other is an attempt at cash. I think in mine about 4-5 people other than me did two and one did three.

Curry is almost a 100 points away from 1,000... IN A SEASON! That's just INSANE. Wouldn't doubt him topping 1,000 in either of the next two seasons.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas is pulling away... Davidson up 16 with a little over a minute left.

I had Wisconsin in the Final Four... darn.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Augustine is a beast isn't he. Damion James reminds me alot of a young Michael Finley. Similar build, great athlete and bad ball handling.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry is just nnnnasty. It's so nice to see kids that can bank and shoot the midrange.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Curry is just nnnnasty. It's so nice to see kids that can bank and shoot the midrange.
Definitely, I'm VERY curious to see what he can do in the next game(s). Should be interesting to watch.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well that helped salvage my Midwest region after stupidly picking Clemson for the final 4. 1 elite 8 team that most dont have def. helps
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Stephen Curry is an absolute beast....one of the best three game stretches in points scored I've seen in quite a while...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go MSU... I'm not about to go against Izzo in the tournament.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bracket is scrizzewed.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
My bracket is scrizzewed.
Agreed....
Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry, offensively, reminds me if Kobe was 6'2''.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I'm shocked by the Wisky game, holy ****. Not shocked very much that Texas handled Stanford but Davidson is nasty right now. Curry lit up Flowers for what, 30+ points? Good lord.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch that hurts. Once Hughes was injured we were ****** and I knew it though. We have Flowers, Hughes, and Bohannon at guard, and that's it. Bohannon and Hughes had to play the rest of the first half and entire second half without a breather. To add to that neither should be playing the point. Both are shooters and it showed. I mean we had Landry bringing the ball up the court for christ sake. Our offense went to hell as soon as he went out and our defense shortly followed. We couldn't set up **** offensively and then just started chucking up jump shots. Get the ball to Butch and Stiensma in the paint! When Stiensma got the ball he took a jump shot. What the **** was that about? He should never ever shoot the ball. Unless it's a layup, dunk, or rebound he shouldn't even be touching the ball. You could tell that Flowers and Bohannon were tired. Flowers played Curry tough, but once he started getting fatigued he wasn't anywhere close to the defender he usually is. That's not taking anything away from Curry, he can really shoot it, but we gave him some easy shots late in the game. Not having Hughes also made us give up an unussual amount of turnovers. Turn over margin had been a strength for us throughout the season, but with out a real point guard it worked against us. The fact that he was our second leading scorer doesn't even factor into the problems in my mind. It's the other aspects of our game that we severly missed with out him. That was something I worried about last week, but he came back and played lights out against Kansas State. It'll be interesting to see what Davidson can do against Kansas (assuming they win). Georgetown couldn't stop Curry, Wisconsin couldn't stop Curry, and Kansas won't be able to stop Curry. I think they have enough to take out the rest and make it to the Final Four, but this is a very good Davidson team.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curry is a bad man!
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Ouch that hurts. Once Hughes was injured we were ****** and I knew it though. We have Flowers, Hughes, and Bohannon at guard, and that's it. Bohannon and Hughes had to play the rest of the first half and entire second half without a breather. To add to that neither should be playing the point. Both are shooters and it showed. I mean we had Landry bringing the ball up the court for christ sake. Our offense went to hell as soon as he went out and our defense shortly followed. We couldn't set up **** offensively and then just started chucking up jump shots. Get the ball to Butch and Stiensma in the paint! When Stiensma got the ball he took a jump shot. What the **** was that about? He should never ever shoot the ball. Unless it's a layup, dunk, or rebound he shouldn't even be touching the ball. You could tell that Flowers and Bohannon were tired. Flowers played Curry tough, but once he started getting fatigued he wasn't anywhere close to the defender he usually is. That's not taking anything away from Curry, he can really shoot it, but we gave him some easy shots late in the game. Not having Hughes also made us give up an unussual amount of turnovers. Turn over margin had been a strength for us throughout the season, but with out a real point guard it worked against us. The fact that he was our second leading scorer doesn't even factor into the problems in my mind. It's the other aspects of our game that we severly missed with out him. That was something I worried about last week, but he came back and played lights out against Kansas State. It'll be interesting to see what Davidson can do against Kansas (assuming they win). Georgetown couldn't stop Curry, Wisconsin couldn't stop Curry, and Kansas won't be able to stop Curry. I think they have enough to take out the rest and make it to the Final Four, but this is a very good Davidson team.
Come on...lets not pull the injury excuse now..

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
And I hate how the NCAA committee takes injuries into account when evaluating teams for the tournament. Injuries are a part of the game that every must live with and people really shouldn't hinder great performances by talking about hypothetical scenarios.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not really. I'm just pretty pissed right now. We were playing rather poorly with Hughes and probably would have still lost, but definitely not by that much. I just needed to let it out and since I can't club Stephon Curry right now I have to settle for posting on a message board.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GB has a bit of a point here, losing Hughes really hurt. He's a very, very good PG and they missed his ball handling, his defense, his playmaking, etc but even with Trevon I don't think they beat Davidson. It would have been closer but Davidson is playing some the best basketball I've seen in a while, it's not just the baby faced killa, it's everyone on that team.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I think the key is how well Jason Richards can play for Davidson. We all know that Curry can score, but Richards needs to at least help him out in order for Davidson to keep it going.
4-13 shooting is pretty bad, but the 13 assists more than make up for his lack of production. Guards are very vital to the success of a team in the tourney and when a PG does a good job distributing the ball, they can go far.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Oh btw...DJ Augustine > Darren Collison.

;)

Quote:
Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another big game for damian james in the texas win

imo augustin is the best PG in CB
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Rush...Wow.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote