Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-19-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Projected Record

Hey folks, I was just wondering how well you guys are figuring the Bengals to do this season. I'll post up my predictions later, I gotta head to work, but I was wondering what you guys thought.

Home
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Washington Redskins vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Away
Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts
Cincinnati Bengals @ Dallas Cowboys
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Jets

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Hey folks, I was just wondering how well you guys are figuring the Bengals to do this season. I'll post up my predictions later, I gotta head to work, but I was wondering what you guys thought.

Home
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Tennessee Titans vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Washington Redskins vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Away
Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts
Cincinnati Bengals @ Dallas Cowboys
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Giants
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Jets
We should win 9-11 games imo. I'm not going to set any prediction before the preseason but in our division alone I feel like we can beat Ravens & Browns both home and away (Browns being the harder of the two in my opinion). Steelers are always good, and big ben doesn't lose in Ohio =/ But if Willie has trouble coming off that leg injury it could prove to be a new era in the steelers v. bengals rivalry.

I can definetly seeing it possible to win every single one of our home games as far as just the match up goes. However, with away games we'll have trouble with cowboys, colts and steelers. The giants won the superbowl but I don't see them as a huge threat still (They're above average, don't get me wrong, but if someone asked me to predict the participants of next year's superbowl, they wouldn't be in it. And if Strahan is retiring then I definetly don't see them being more than what they were this year, just a limp into the wild card round and pray for a chance to go all the way).

Again, I'm seeing 9-11 victories. I don't think we win our division but I think its possible to make into the wild card round. Drafts could change all these predictions btw - if we got a solid playmaker for the d-line and / or a stud RB (God I hope Rudi just returns to normal, we throw so many draft picks away on RB's) it would change my look on our team, and same for other teams.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya i see us getting about 8-10 wins. not going to go in depth with it but thats just my feeling looking at the schedule

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even think I'm going to guess this year to be honest... Plus it'd help to see the draft first.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
We should win 9-11 games imo. I'm not going to set any prediction before the preseason but in our division alone I feel like we can beat Ravens & Browns both home and away (Browns being the harder of the two in my opinion). Steelers are always good, and big ben doesn't lose in Ohio =/ But if Willie has trouble coming off that leg injury it could prove to be a new era in the steelers v. bengals rivalry.

I can definetly seeing it possible to win every single one of our home games as far as just the match up goes. However, with away games we'll have trouble with cowboys, colts and steelers. The giants won the superbowl but I don't see them as a huge threat still (They're above average, don't get me wrong, but if someone asked me to predict the participants of next year's superbowl, they wouldn't be in it. And if Strahan is retiring then I definetly don't see them being more than what they were this year, just a limp into the wild card round and pray for a chance to go all the way).

Again, I'm seeing 9-11 victories. I don't think we win our division but I think its possible to make into the wild card round. Drafts could change all these predictions btw - if we got a solid playmaker for the d-line and / or a stud RB (God I hope Rudi just returns to normal, we throw so many draft picks away on RB's) it would change my look on our team, and same for other teams.
Willies injury shouldn't effect his play at all, as it was a non-weight bearing bone which means that he won't have any lingering effect of his cuts and what not.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's really hard to project right now. There are so many question marks.

Will Odell be back?
If so, will he be the Odell we remember?
Will Ahmad become the monster we've expected?
Will Chad Johnson be a holdout?
Who do they get in the draft?

But this team needs 9-10 wins in order to get Marvin off of the hot seat.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Unless the Defense and our new Coordinators step it up, we will have another .500 season. =\ I dont want to say it but its true.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.500 will not happen. im calling it now.

and i mean we will be better than that.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

Home
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals LOSS
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals LOSS
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals LOSS
Tennessee Titans vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Washington Redskins vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN

Away
Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WIN
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Dallas Cowboys LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Giants LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Jets WIN

IMO, your season could end up like this going 7-9. I say this because I dont like your running game at the moment and I believe your deffensive line will hurt you unless some rookie plays amazing. Chad Johnson could easily hurt this team more than he helps etc....

Lets be honest this team has had 1 winning season in the last 17 years and even after the steady .500 seasons you havent did anything to make them better. Now TJ, CJ, and Rudi are all getting old and might not be around much longer?

Might sound harsh, but IMO there are only 2 maybe 3 teams you play all year that you are better than on paper. Regaurdless everyone knows it never happens like exspected and this is a great sign for Cinncy fans. I love the Bengals but root against them when they play the Browns, good luck with all your offseason moves and I hope you get back to where you exspect to be in 2008, God knows you deserve it.

Last edited by DawgBone : 03-25-2008 at 02:33 PM.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I don't see it. I'm a homer but it would take a lot of hard luck for us to be that bad.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 03-25-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can win anywhere from 6 to 12 in my eyes... Our Dline will be better this year (well, this is making a huge assumption we get Ellis), our LB core can't be worse... Could actually be good if Odell/Ahmad play and are healthy. JJ/Hall continue to improve and Chinny/White can play solid at saftey.

Offense could easily be as good as last year. Irons/Perry will hopefully be healthy, at least one of them and Utecht helps. Oline should be better.

I will guess a division record of 4-2, losing one at Pitt and either Pitt at home or @CLE/@BAL.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
IMO, your season could end up like this going 7-9. I say this because I dont like your running game at the moment and I believe your deffensive line will hurt you unless some rookie plays amazing. Chad Johnson could easily hurt this team more than he helps etc....

Lets be honest this team has had 1 winning season in the last 17 years and even after the steady .500 seasons you havent did anything to make them better. Now TJ, CJ, and Rudi are all getting old and might not be around much longer?

Might sound harsh, but IMO there are only 2 maybe 3 teams you play all year that you are better than on paper. Regaurdless everyone knows it never happens like exspected and this is a great sign for Cinncy fans. I love the Bengals but root against them when they play the Browns, good luck with all your offseason moves and I hope you get back to where you exspect to be in 2008, God knows you deserve it.
How are TJ, CJ and Rudi getting old? Rudi is 28 (he'll turn 29 in Oct), Chad is 30 (He just turned 30 this january) and TJ is 30 (He'll be 31 in september I believe).

It feels like this year everyone is saying people who are 30 are too old for this league lol. a WR like Chad, assuming no massive injuries is going to run at top speed till 34-35, and cincinnati runs a very west coast style offense which could potentially give him to the age 40 before he'd be done (now lets face it, chad isn't going to be a bengal for life. Even if the 08' season goes crazy good and we win the superbowl, its just a matter of time till we do bad again and he wants out - but for arguement's sake, chad has plenty of time left as a player).

Quote:
Home
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals LOSS
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals LOSS
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals LOSS
Tennessee Titans vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Washington Redskins vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Cincinnati Bengals WIN

Away
Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WIN
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ Dallas Cowboys LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Giants LOSS
Cincinnati Bengals @ New York Jets WIN
And I don't get this at all. Last year we beat the ravens both times. And its not like they've made some awesome free agent moves that put them ahead of us, why do you have us losing one?

You have us losing twice to cleveland, despite a very close shoot-out early in the season, and a cincinnati victory over cleveland at the end of the year. I'm going to assume you're a browns fan and thats why you're predictions are so favored here.

Also, steelers are surely the best team in the AFC north right now, so if you want to give us two loses there I won't argue with it, though I don't think steelers are a guaranteed victory of us.

Last year cinci went 3-3 in the AFC north, this year you have us going 1-5 in the AFC north. Do you really think that baltimore and cleveland have gotten that much better, and will produce that much more out of the draft than cinci?

Anyways, that wraps up my feelings on our division. For the rest of the teams it looks like you basically said "Oh this team made the play offs last year, bengals lose" and "oh this team didn't make the play offs, bengals win".
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Over the last few years we've owned the Browns and Ravens. I expect that to continue. At most we lose one to either of those teams then hopefully split with the Steelers, they have our number.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i have a feeling we split with the browns and ravens but somehow sweep the steelers. no reason why, just a feeling.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-29-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

too early, you'll have to see what your draft looks like, what your opponents draft and how tht helps them or not. Way too early for this thread.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
too early, you'll have to see what your draft looks like, what your opponents draft and how tht helps them or not. Way too early for this thread.
Agreed.

Even when we do get to that point there's still way too many uncertains to be positive (either way) about our record.