Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In terms of on the basketball court, it might be debatable whether Hansbrough out-willed Jordan. We can't really be taking into consideration MJ's NBA career.

But yeah. Great game until the end. If Earl Clark wasn't so fragile mentally, Louisville probably would have won. Despite UNC and Memphis looking to have the hugest weaknesses of the #1's, they have just as much of a shot to dominate any team they face.

Unfortunately, tomorrow's games could be similar to today's, but if the chalk holds (or if Texas beats Memphis), we could be in for some great Final Four games.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, yeah I shook my head when I heard that. MJ was one of fiercest competitors I've ever seen in any sport. He wasn't always an in your face or "rah-rah" type of guy, but he will outwork, out hustle and outplay you any day. Plus the talent and and athleticism he had didn't hurt either.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think Hansbrough's heart is becoming a little overrated, but his skill is underrated. I mean, the guy is a three-time first team All-American. He's a damn good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the CBS may not be allowed in San Antonio if Curry and Hansborugh are there cuz they'll be all in jail for stalking. Good lord, its scary how they all wanna give those two blowjobs and have boners.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is it just me, or does Kansas not exist according to the media.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I will say the Hansbrough love fest has got to go, Bilas just said Tyler outworked Michael Jordan, one of the greatest College and NBA players of all-time. That is flat out ridiculous.

Yes he's a really, really, really good player but c'mon Jay. That's a slap in the face to a guy who pioneered the sport you're commentating.
Yeah, that was right out ridiculous, I wanted to throw my TV down 7 floors when he said that.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthealley View Post
That's because most people in the United States can't locate Kansas on a map...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haha, that does make sense.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I'm gonna be really upset if all the number one seeds make the final four like the so called "experts" predicted.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthealley View Post
No one has the balls to pick them because their team has undreachieved the past 4 seasons in the Tournament. And I wouldn't either. I refuse to pick Kansas until Billy Boy can prove he can get it done in the Tournament. He's got an incredible amount of talent on his roster this year, he's got a favorable road to the Final 4, and he needs to get it done this year.

As much as I hate to admit it, he's going to San Antonio this year. His team is really good and while Davidson has been a giant killer this year, I'd be willing to put $100 down that they beat them tomorrow night.

I don't think even Self can screw this one up, although I've still got UNC beating them in the Final 4.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I'm gonna be really upset if all the number one seeds make the final four like the so called "experts" predicted.
Guaranteed, Texas will upset Memphis tomorrow night. Memphis was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde against MSU on Friday, great first half, underwhelming 2nd half.

That and the law of averages from the free throw line will come back on them tomorrow. If I'm Texas I hack Dorsey if he gets the ball in the paint all day long.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think that if Kansas can take down Davidson, the only team that can stop them is Texas (if they make it). Kansas only really ever chokes when they take their opponents for granted and think that they'll simply overwhelm them. When Kansas is fired up for a game, they're fairly unstoppable. That's how I see it anyway.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Well the same can be said for UNC. They took Maryland for granted and got beat at home, the lost to Duke without Lawson and later on destroyed them at Cameron.

If UNC is focused and ready to go, they're pretty unbelievable as well. Louisville got close but for a majority of the game, UNC had it well in hand. Kansas has yet to be tested by any team they've played.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Jordan really wasn't one of the greatest college basketball players of all time. He won the Naismith and the Wooden awards, so he was obviously very good, but nobody knew he would be the pro that he was.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Talent wise I'd say both teams are pretty equal, Kansas has more guard strength while UNC has more front court strength. I'll give UNC's bench an advantage and I'll take Roy over Self coaching wise.

Both teams excel in transition, both teams are good defensively (KU is better though), and both teams can execute in the half court.

Portland State, UNLV, and Villanova are the teams KU has played. Arkansas, Louisville, Washington State, and a 16 seed (forget who they played in the first round) are UNC's teams. UNC has been tested and passed with flying colors, Kansas really has yet to play a team who could give them a scare.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well the same can be said for UNC. They took Maryland for granted and got beat at home, the lost to Duke without Lawson and later on destroyed them at Cameron.

If UNC is focused and ready to go, they're pretty unbelievable as well. Louisville got close but for a majority of the game, UNC had it well in hand. Kansas has yet to be tested by any team they've played.
Well, I was talking about the collective years this Kansas nucleus has played together. At their absolute best, though, I feel like Kansas is the superior team to UNC, but they're rarely at that level.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Michael Jordan really wasn't one of the greatest college basketball players of all time. He won the Naismith and the Wooden awards, so he was obviously very good, but nobody knew he would be the pro that he was.
Michael was one of the hardest working players UNC has ever seen. Idk I felt like it was a slap in the face to call MJ out and say Tyler works harder on and off the court. MJ prided himself on his effort every time he stepped on the hardwood and I thought the comment made by Bilas was unnecessary mainly because we've heard about Hansbrough this whole season and how hard he works on the floor.

Personally I believe the lovefest needs to stop. Tyler is a very good player but no need to call out Michael, a pioneer of the sport.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Michael was one of the hardest working players UNC has ever seen. Idk I felt like it was a slap in the face to call MJ out and say Tyler works harder on and off the court. MJ prided himself on his effort every time he stepped on the hardwood and I thought the comment made by Bilas was unnecessary mainly because we've heard about Hansbrough this whole season and how hard he works on the floor.

Personally I believe the lovefest needs to stop. Tyler is a very good player but no need to call out Michael, a pioneer of the sport.
Hmmm.. I agree with a lot that you're saying about MJ, but IDK about Pioneer. The NBA was huge even before MJ hit his prime. Infact it's kinda gone down hill since he left IMO.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Well, I was talking about the collective years this Kansas nucleus has played together. At their absolute best, though, I feel like Kansas is the superior team to UNC, but they're rarely at that level.
Which is why I'll go with a consistently good UNC team over the Jayhawks who are an enigma at times. It's hard to say who's really "better" at their best because both teams are very, very, very talented.

Lawson, Hansbrough, Ellington, and Thompson are most likely first rounders right now...Collins, Arthur, and Rush are first rounders themselves, possibly Chalmers as well. Robinson and Green are extremely underrated players, Ginyard and Kaun provide good supporting players.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 02:18 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing Jordan "pioneered" was selling sneakers, coke, and making movies with Bugs Bunny.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Hmmm.. I agree with a lot that you're saying about MJ, but IDK about Pioneer. The NBA was huge even before MJ hit his prime. Infact it's kinda gone down hill since he left IMO.
What he did for brand management as well as what he did on the court is why I say that. Wasn't he the first guy to have his own shoe? He's got his own logo with Nike, etc.

Tyler is a very, very hard worker on the court, everyone can see it but it's hard for me to put him at a guy like MJ's level who worked his ass off to be where he's at too in both college and the pros.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...asp?CID=791520

Quote:
When he was 7, he fell off his bicycle and another child ran over his head with a bike, causing a large wound on the back of his head.
Sorry, but that particular image made me laugh.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:45 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Derrick's the ****. Sad he didn't go to Illinois but he's an amazing talent that is just tapping his ability. Beasley may have headlined this freshman class but Derrick IMO quietly had a fantastic season. He's surrounded by a bunch of talent and just gets the job done. He's a very quiet person as well but man he can really, really play. Again, once that jump shot becomes consistent, he's going to be a terrifying player.

He's one of the best and most explosive athletes I've ever seen in person, his court sense is uncanny, he's got very good vision, makes great decisions, has one of the quickest first steps in the nation, he's tenacious on defense, and he's got a devastating floater that he's used perfectly this season.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Anybody giving Davidson a shot tomorrow? Since they already screwed my bracket by beating Wisconsin, I'd like to see them beat Kansas.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I think you have to with what they've done so far but I think KU overwhelms them. Curry needs to be huge again and they'll need big games from their inside guys to match Jackson and Kaun.

I've got KU by double digits, unfortunately.

Quote: