Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-05-2007, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2720876

we shall be interviewing wizenhut
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Congrats Phins fans on that Taylor DPOY. He deserved it. Now he can send Merriman a picture of him holding the DPOY trophy to Merriman, in return for the lights out gear.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good. JT beat out Champ and Syringe Merriman
wqell deserved

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

Who does everyone want to be our HC?

I say Cam Cameron

credit to cardsalltheway
Old 01-05-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt
Ron Rivera- but it will cost us with him since he runs the cover 2. I really like our defense now and I would hate to see it go. That was one thing that Saban actually did right for us.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt
Ron Rivera- but it will cost us with him since he runs the cover 2. I really like our defense now and I would hate to see it go. That was one thing that Saban actually did right for us.
Well Capers goes then. If he don't get it -- he is gone.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt
Say's who? No where did it state that Capers said that he would likely bolt if he didn't get hired. It will all depend on who we hire. IMO, he stays if we bring in a offensive coach.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys interviewed Jim Mora.. I would pray in the situation you are in. Unless you have "fun dealing with adversity," aka losses.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
You guys interviewed Jim Mora.. I would pray in the situation you are in. Unless you have "fun dealing with adversity," aka losses.
Doubt we will even seriously consider him anyway. Plus, he had Vick aka "coach killer" on his team.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

comments on my dolphins mock

btw dont bash me .. this is the first time im gonna do this so im a little bias towards our team

1st - alan branch, DT
2nd - eric weddle, S
3rd - tony taylor, OLB

will these guys fit on our team?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

My First Fins Mock of '07:

1) Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key&#9...tomback.chain]
Hopefully our new coach will have a big offensive scheme. Booker has been solid as a #2 WR, but he is getting older and Hagan has ben on and off with his catches. Chambers has been disappearing as of late, so the new coach brings in a stud WR.

2) Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key&#9...tomback.chain]The shaky secondary started off poor, but improved from week to week. With many journeymen in the secondary and another young corner needed McCauley falls to early 2nd and is the pick.

3) Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas
Our former coach didn't really do anything to address our O-line problems. Ugoh and a few more FA's should fix it.

4) Tim Crowder DE Texas
Our D-line is obviously aging and we have a decent young core of DTs with Vickerson, Evans, and "The Wright Brothers." Matt Roth has been a pleasant surprise at DE and Crowder should add some more depth (plus add another crowder on defense)

6) Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
This is just an insurance policy at QB. Lemon has showed to be a decent backup and Palmer is the young product.

7) Brandon Pace K Virginia Tech
Although it looked like Olindo salvaged his job for 2007 when he went 5-5 in the season finale, at around week 12, Olindo had the worst FG % in the NFL. Pace will be the cheaper option.

credit to cardsalltheway
Old 01-06-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

why arent my images showing in the above pics?

credit to cardsalltheway
Old 01-06-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrun340
comments on my dolphins mock

btw dont bash me .. this is the first time im gonna do this so im a little bias towards our team

1st - alan branch, DT
2nd - eric weddle, S
3rd - tony taylor, OLB

will these guys fit on our team?
Good first, Weddle is a lesser Jason Allen, Taylor doesn't really fit our defense and isn't a 3rd rounder.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
why arent my images showing in the above pics?
Save them to your computer then upload them to imageshack.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-06-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

McCauley won't last to the 2nd round and Crowder is likely a 2nd rounder, 3rd at worst. He doesn't fit the defense we have now either.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-07-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
My top 3 in no order.

Cam Cameron
Ken Whisenhunt
Say's who? No where did it state that Capers said that he would likely bolt if he didn't get hired. It will all depend on who we hire. IMO, he stays if we bring in a offensive coach.
We shall see. Capers seems to want a job on teams with unstable HC situations. Cowboys, Giants come to mind as needing DCs with shaky HC situations.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Why do you say that?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-07-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MidSouthRam
Rookie

MidSouthRam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
I don't think you want Mike Martz. He ruined Kurt Warner, and almost did the same to Bulger. He also killed Kitna. Notice wherever he is, large sack numbers follow. After seeing Culpepper this year, I wouldn't want that, I'm with DG.
At the same time, where would Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger without Martz?
MidSouthRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

JT is coming back. Thank God.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-07-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

hasane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was just wondering how confident are you guys in Rod Wright, Kevin vickerson, Fred Evans and Manny Wright (if he comes back) .

Do you think that the dolphins should draft a DT in the 1st?
Old 01-07-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

If we can get Alan Branch I would love to get him. Other than that I don't really want a OT.

Manny Wright is crazy and I don't think Vickerson will be anything, but Fred Evans looks like he can be a great NT and I still have hope in Rod Wright.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-07-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
My First Fins Mock of '07:

1) Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
Hopefully our new coach will have a big offensive scheme. Booker has been solid as a #2 WR, but he is getting older and Hagan has ben on and off with his catches. Chambers has been disappearing as of late, so the new coach brings in a stud WR.

2) Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key&#9...tomback.chain]The shaky secondary started off poor, but improved from week to week. With many journeymen in the secondary and another young corner needed McCauley falls to early 2nd and is the pick.

3) Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas
Our former coach didn't really do anything to address our O-line problems. Ugoh and a few more FA's should fix it.

4) Tim Crowder DE Texas
Our D-line is obviously aging and we have a decent young core of DTs with Vickerson, Evans, and "The Wright Brothers." Matt Roth has been a pleasant surprise at DE and Crowder should add some more depth (plus add another crowder on defense)

6) Jordan Palmer QB UTEP
This is just an insurance policy at QB. Lemon has showed to be a decent backup and Palmer is the young product.

7) Brandon Pace K Virginia Tech
Although it looked like Olindo salvaged his job for 2007 when he went 5-5 in the season finale, at around week 12, Olindo had the worst FG % in the NFL. Pace will be the cheaper option.
i dont think McCauley, Ugoh, Crowder, or palmer will be available at those picks. McCauley has 1st round potential, Ugoh has had a great senior year and is likely to be a 2nd rounder at worst, crowder also had a great year and should be a third rounder at worst and palmer will get drafted higher solely because hes carsons brother.

this would be a great draft but i cant see it happening.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

I am basing my First round pick on my belief that McCauley is better than Leon Hall and Alan Branch won't be there when we pick . and i think staley can be an very good LT and i'm hoping he'll be there in the third.

1. Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
Has prototypical size Timed speed is outstanding Athletic and quick with fluid hips and a great burst Physical and aggressive A playmaker with pretty good ball skills.

2. Jarvis Moss DE/OLB Florida
I think he'll come out after the Bcs championship bowl. Could be a perfect complement to Jason Taylor on his other side.

3. Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
Moves well in open space and can get to the second leve Shows the ability to change direction and adjust on the fly Good intangibles with a motor that is always running Smart player who picks things up quickly and has shown consistent improvement.

4. Paul Soliai DT Utah
Absolutely Massive DT

6. Kasey Studdard OG TExas

7. Jared Zabransky QB Boise State
A good developmental qb.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

i really like the first 3. i just hope we address the WR in the thin FAs if we dont draft one

credit to cardsalltheway
Old 01-07-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

The only reason i didn't have them drafting a Wr is due to the fact that the dolphins already have:

Chris Chambers - Who they won't give up on yet, even though i wish they would

Marty Booker - Solid #2 until

Wes Welker - Great #3 reciever

Derek Hagan - Invested a 3rd pick on him

Fred Gibson

Marcus Vick

Signing Charles Rogers is another option