Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 12-15-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I forgot about Ryan and Wrotten. I think these guys have potential, so Dorsey slips off my list. I think the Long boys are our top 2 priorties, if one of them falls to us, we take them. So what should be our asking price for Pisa?
Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Wow, I forgot about Ryan and Wrotten. I think these guys have potential, so Dorsey slips off my list. I think the Long boys are our top 2 priorties, if one of them falls to us, we take them. So what should be our asking price for Pisa?
You've got Carriker, Ryan, and Wroten at DT with an aging Glover still managing to produce here or there. If anything is needed at DT it's depth rather than a top quality starter. I'd put the Long Boys at the top of my board at this point.

As for Pisa, not sure how much to expect for him really. I think a fourth is reasonable considering his level of play but also isn't high enough to make it a big risk due to injuries. Third would be ideal IMO, but I'm not sure you find a partner on that one. Maybe with a package deal, two players for the pick?

Depending on how deep the mock is going, I'd love to see the Rams look at a punishing guy like Owen Schmitt. We need a true fullback and Schmitt is a monster who also can make things happen with the football, something Linehan would like. Course, as a WVU student, I'm a bit biased when it comes to Owen.. :D

At this point my strategy would probably be DE Long in round one, best OT on the board in round two, and then in round three you've got a couple options (WR, SS, OG/C, OLB). But I think ideally DE and OT need to be the first two targets in the draft for this team.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruuuuuuuccccceeeee!

edit: Isaac Bruce with the great catch also wrong thread

Last edited by KCJ58 : 12-16-2007 at 02:20 PM.
KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What should we get first Jake or Chris?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
PossumBoy9
Rookie

PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.PossumBoy9 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
What should we get first Jake or Chris?
Easy.... take Chris.

I'd seriously consider Vernon Gholston too, perhaps over Chris Long.

Sadly, I feel Jake Long is overrated. I hope he isn't the pick. He's solid enough that it wouldn't be a total disaster, but not really worth a Top 3 pick. He's not a Joe Thomas.
PossumBoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a huge fan of Jake Long that high. I'm not convinced he's an elite left tackle prospect, and I think those are the only offensive tackles you take that high. At this point in the top three I'd go with Chris Long and then come back in round two and take the best OT available.

If I'm looking at the right thread though, it appears it worked out well since you got Jackson in the second round. Still, I probably would have been more happy with Chris Long and then Sam Baker in round two.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
gsoturf
Rookie

gsoturf gsoturf gsoturf gsoturf

I think Jackson could ask for a trade in the off season and honestly I think most fans would accept it with open arms considering the way he bad mouths the city. In any case if Jackson is on the team next season, and I think he will be, I think we need to go after Chris Long with the number 1 pick offensive line in the second and a receiver with speed in the 3rd. Considering there is strong possiblitiy Bruce has seen his last days as a Rams I could see the Rams going for receiver in the 2nd, a guy like Jordy Nelson comes to mind.
gsoturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:04 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoturf View Post
I think Jackson could ask for a trade in the off season and honestly I think most fans would accept it with open arms considering the way he bad mouths the city. In any case if Jackson is on the team next season, and I think he will be, I think we need to go after Chris Long with the number 1 pick offensive line in the second and a receiver with speed in the 3rd. Considering there is strong possiblitiy Bruce has seen his last days as a Rams I could see the Rams going for receiver in the 2nd, a guy like Jordy Nelson comes to mind.
you wrote this great post till you said Jordy Nelson you homer

Old 01-19-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoturf View Post
Jackson never bad-mouths the city.

He bad-mouths the stadium, and he should......it's horrible.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

so we got round 2 looks like it will come down to Chris Long and Vernon Gholston