Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
That was waaaaaaaaaaay too close before I had to stick my foot in my mouth again.

More questions though, why did UNC, UCLA, and Memphis' celebration get shown, and they had to go right to 60 Minutes for Kansas? U know if Davidson woulda won they would be on the air still. How come it sounded like it was bentlem for the announcers when Davidson was ahead. How come it sounded like someone died when Kansas took the lead? Pisses me off, I usually like Gus Johnson and Len Elmore, but they had a cheering interest for Davidson in this one and Ohio State last year against Xavier.
Gus Johnson was a little ***** on some calls that didn't go KU's way either, I remember twice where he complained that something should have been called.

What did you expect yoda? Davidson was the Cinderella story, that's ratings for CBS. And everyone roots for the Cinderella, well ok most people do anyway. The announcers gave praise to both sides, pretty weak argument here yoda.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Gus Johnson was a little ***** on some calls that didn't go KU's way either, I remember twice where he complained that something should have been called.

What did you expect yoda? Davidson was the Cinderella story, that's ratings for CBS. And everyone roots for the Cinderella, well ok most people do anyway. The announcers gave praise to both sides, pretty weak argument here yoda.
I didn't catch the complaining about the calls for Kansas, but what about the other teams getting showed, but Kansas didn't?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't catch the complaining about the calls for Kansas, but what about the other teams getting showed, but Kansas didn't?
Because they have a schedule to follow and Kansas happened to be in the time slot where 60 minutes was airing. No matter who played that last game they'd get cut off.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was waaaaaaaaaaay too close before I had to stick my foot in my mouth again.

More questions though, why did UNC, UCLA, and Memphis' celebration get shown, and they had to go right to 60 Minutes for Kansas? U know if Davidson woulda won they would be on the air still. How come it sounded like it was bentlem for the announcers when Davidson was ahead. How come it sounded like someone died when Kansas took the lead? Pisses me off, I usually like Gus Johnson and Len Elmore, but they had a cheering interest for Davidson in this one and Ohio State last year against Xavier.
and appearantly Self got Gatoraded that would have been funny to see.**** you CBS
Old 03-30-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's pretty simply really, East Coast Bias...You know if North Carolina had just won, they would push back the schedule and have an hour long love fest about Hansblow

But seriously, CBS is pretty flexible with their Sunday night schedule, and I don't understand why they couldn't show the nets being cut, but whatever

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas Kansas Kansas. My preseason pick is looking rather well. But then again, all the #1's are...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Kansas Kansas Kansas. My preseason pick is looking rather well. But then again, all the #1's are...
I had Texas getting to the FF...needless to say that pick was not a good one.I did have all the other 1 seeds though so only losing 1 FF team is not bad
Old 03-30-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take it for what it's worth, but Curry seems to be coming back for another go at it.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...story/10749717
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UMASS Winning the NIT!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because they have a schedule to follow and Kansas happened to be in the time slot where 60 minutes was airing. No matter who played that last game they'd get cut off.
U know they woulda showed Davidson and Gus Johnson woulda sucked Stephen Curry's dick.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
U know they woulda showed Davidson and Gus Johnson woulda sucked Stephen Curry's dick.

Gus Johnson is the greatest play by play commentator alive.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-30-2008 at 10:26 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I don't see why you're so pissed off about it. Stephen was unreal in this tournament, I mean the guy had a bad night against Kansas and still put up 20 points.

Idk, maybe because of how much I heard about Hansbrough this entire year it doesn't bother me but Curry's praise was just given how well he played. Plus like I said, everyone loves a cinderella story.

I think Gus wanted to blow Kaun too this evening after his performance lol.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Gus Johnson is the greatest play by play commentator there alive.
I actually agree with u, I think Gus Johnson's pay check was in jeopardy if he didn't suck up to the Davidson teet cuz u know Davidson=ratings in the final four.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

25 there Sweetness. Though he did go 9-25, sheesh.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Gus Johnson is the greatest play by play commentator there alive.
Dick Enberg > Gus Johnson.

I don't like how Gus gives his opinion during the game. Your job as a play-by-play is to announce the game, Elmore is supposed to state his opinion.

That's why I like guys like Nance, they just call it and let the color guy state his piece, although I'd like Jim to say more to shut up Packer.

I work in the TV business and I've actually done some color for Illinois Wesleyan games for Comcast and it always ticks me off when I have to hear a play-by-play guy state his opinion over and over.

Gus is solid though, he's very energetic and usually isn't biased.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
I don't see why you're so pissed off about it. Stephen was unreal in this tournament, I mean the guy had a bad night against Kansas and still put up 20 points.

Idk, maybe because of how much I heard about Hansbrough this entire year it doesn't bother me but Curry's praise was just given how well he played. Plus like I said, everyone loves a cinderella story.

I think Gus wanted to blow Kaun too this evening after his performance lol.
I personally think Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery should be the #1 crew over Jim Nantz and Billy Packer, who were 10 times as bad with Curry last weekend, and 4000 times as bad as with Hansborough. Bilas was awful lst night with Hansborough, I hate him too.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
25 there Sweetness. Though he did go 9-25, sheesh.
Oh I know he had a bad shooting night, well for him at least. He got some open looks he didn't knock down and really I thought he forced some shots he didn't need to. But the kid had an off night and still went for 25 points.

Some of those shots he made were ridiculous, and his ability to get into the lane was pretty amazing too.

All the praise given to Davidson was fine IMO because of how they'd played coming into that game, and how they went toe to toe with a powerhouse and lost on the final shot. Cinderellas always get praise during the game, again it's ratings. And any announcer would probably have some bias towards them because they're the underdog.

But I thought they gave some pretty good credit to Kansas as well. Keep in mind though that Davidson really took KU out of their element and gave them serious problems during that game. Very fun to watch.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

You also have to realize a lot of the time these guys are talking heads. CBS tells them guys to spotlight and plug before games. I worked with a crew at ESPN as a stage manager once for a college game that had Eric Maynor in it and that's all the talk was about. How great Eric was, how the commentators needed to spotlight him, they had replay packages built for him...It's all about ratings my friend. Granted some of these guys are bias towards players in their own right but a lot of it has to do with the networks wanting to plug certain players.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 10:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I do like Raftery though, he's great. Very rarely shows any bias. He calls it like he sees it. And I know a lot of you guys hate Vitale but when he's not announcing an ACC game he does a good job too. The worst is Packer though because he thinks he's right all the time and from what I've heard he's pretty stuck up.

My dad works with a guy who does a lot of ESPN/CBS games freelance and he said that Packer is a drama queen, wants things done a certain way, gets really pissy if anything goes wrong, etc...

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
My dad works with a guy who does a lot of ESPN/CBS games freelance and he said that Packer is a drama queen, wants things done a certain way, gets really pissy if anything goes wrong, etc...
That does not shock me at all.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

No love for Jay? He's my fav commentator except for the fact that I feel he sometimes tries to prove his non-biases towards Duke too much.

they get smoked.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
No love for Jay? He's my fav commentator except for the fact that I feel he sometimes tries to prove his non-biases towards Duke too much.
He may do that too much,it almost sounded like Hansborough would need a restraining order last night. Compairing him to MJ, Hell no.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Jay burned some bridges with Illini nation with some comments this year in regards to the Eric Gordon fiasco. So I'm gone a little cold on him.

Commentating wise he's outstanding. Very smooth and always has something to contribute. But right now I'll that Raftery.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
It's pretty simply really, East Coast Bias...You know if North Carolina had just won, they would push back the schedule and have an hour long love fest about Hansblow

But seriously, CBS is pretty flexible with their Sunday night schedule, and I don't understand why they couldn't show the nets being cut, but whatever
Ummm no, im 100% sure they would not let ANY basketball celebration go on over 60 minutes trust me...I dont care who that last team was, people would be pissed if it ran over into that timeslot, this is 60 minutes were talking about here not 'deal or no deal', thats a little more important to the public then a team celebration, and Davidson's or UNC celebration would of been just as unimportant to the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.gusjohnsonsports.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcglOItcKoM

Since he was brought up.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote