Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think they will leave it up to hughes as to who he wants to fight or even if he wants to fight. I think dana is happy putting out the card as is because it will still sell huge and TUF is not as big a deal as it once was.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why did Nerv get banned?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
why did Nerv get banned?
He insulted Ward in the NFFL thread.

Anyway with the whole who will repalce Serra thing, the clever thing would be to put in a guaranteed win so that the Serra v Hughes thing stays legit. I'd love to see Fitch go at Hughes though as I think he wins.

edit - http://www.mmafightline.com/news/200...c_309018.shtml Fitch isn't in the country at the time of UFC 79, so he won't be fighting.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Last edited by UKfan : 11-24-2007 at 12:12 PM.
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Some rumors of Ortiz vs Jardine. Just pure speculation right now.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would be a good fight, I think Ortiz squeaks out a decision.

I would wanna see Arona VS. Ortiz it would be purely the same style.

BTW UFC 73 is now in stores I just picked it up for $15. I cant wait til UFC 75 comes out.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Does anyone else think Rashad Evans should drop to 185. After watching UFC 73 I think he can be a solid 205 but never get over the hump into the top 3. Him going to 185 will at least give Silva some competition.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Word is Hughes VS. GSP DEC. 29
Old 11-24-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this looks pretty official to me

GSP vs Hughes for interim title
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8811

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy ******* ****........GSP Hughes is official and this may be the best UFC PPV of all time. This is great, I just hope GSP really is in condition to fight Hughes.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GSP seems like the type of guy who is always in shape, plus he has fought Hughes before so it's not like he has to train for somebody that he knows nothing about

I got GSP winning this thing, should be an insane fight though

Old 11-24-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

wow I will do basically anything possible to get this card.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
GSP seems like the type of guy who is always in shape, plus he has fought Hughes before so it's not like he has to train for somebody that he knows nothing about

I got GSP winning this thing, should be an insane fight though

well there is a difference between being in fight shape and just in general shape. Plus, weight cutting has to be factored in. I dont know how long before a fight GSP usually starts his regiment. I just hope no excuses are made in the event that he loses (which I pray he doesnt because I am a huge GSP guy). Honestly, if GSP truly is in shape I see him stopping Hughes again. Hughes has not gotten better and GSP is going to stuff his takedowns no matter what and on their feet GSP should more or less dominate. In all honesty I think GSP should just about dominate any WW out there, thats just me tho. His blend of well rounded skills and absolutely athlete ahleticism is totally unique to him, in terms of skill set I really think he is the most talented fighter in the world. I just started picking up some wrestling/BJJ and it has been rough, so seeing him stuff world class wrestlers is just simply amazing. None of us can even comprehend the quickness and strength at which these world class wrestlers shoot in, and he sprawls like its nothing, freaking insane man. Honestly, watching GSP sprawl is one of my favorite things in all of MMA, its just sick.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the way GSP handled Hughes and than Kos, I cannot really see anyway how he could lose this fight unless he comes in with his mind some place else again like he did against Serra. He just looked amazing stuffing Koscheck's takedowns and IMO Kos is better wrestler than Hughes. I think GSP has this fight.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I have GSP beeing the best at 170 for the next couple of years.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on GSP, if he's in good condition, it's his fight, Hughes is good, but GSP is better in every facet of the game. I just hope he can finish, as training 5 weeks for a 5 round fight, that's tough.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GSP is a ******* animal. Losing to Serra was the best thing that ever happened to him. He completely messed around with his training regime and it WILL pay off. He completely outwrestled a guy who going into the fight was arguably one of the best wrestlers in all mma. GSP sets the tone for all his fights and he's going to work over Hughes with a KO in round 1.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I think GSP wins,he will have the rage to kill against Hughes then ultimately Serra when they get a re-match(that may take a while though)
Old 11-25-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I think GSP wins,he will have the rage to kill against Hughes then ultimately Serra when they get a re-match(that may take a while though)
I feel bad for Serra, he really wanted that fight with Hughes and I actually thought he was going to win. His back must be really messed up too, that's gotta be one of the worst places to injure for a fighter, he could tweak it with the smallest manouever(sp?), which means his training will be extremely limited untill the back is 100%.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I had Hughes but I wanted to see the fight with all that trash talking.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

join the MMA draft, 500 post limit to join

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=15236

Old 11-27-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

This is gonna be great. GSP vs. Hughes CANNOT WAIT!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Awesome PPV a brewing.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

what a fight fan's fight for the NYE show in Japan. JZ vs Aoki was just announced. I personally am pumped for this fight, this could shape up to be a real good card.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

isnt Fedor fighting then also?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Just saw a picture of Wandy now, he is ripped, Liddell better take this thing seriously or he is going to get KTFO real quick

Last edited by fenikz : 11-30-2007 at 03:23 PM.