Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 02-15-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Isn't Derrick Johnson a FA? He lost his starting spot and he could come cheap. I was so pissed when the Texans passed on him for Travis Johnson.
yeah but why would you want to break up our starting group of linebackers?? And i agree about the passing on him for Travis.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it's not like Zac Diles and Adibi are great players. They both have limitations. DJ is a good strongside backer and he'd complete a great LB core. With him over the TE, Cushing could be free to blitz or have less trash to move through going to the ballcarrier.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think LB Derrick Johnson is a Restricted Free Agent. I'm not sure exactly what that means especially with possibly no new labor agreement/uncapped year. I'm a BIG Derrick Johnson fan too and I think that he would fit in really well in Houston.

The thing is,what about Zach Diles? Diles is a pretty good/solid player. Would you trade Diles? As much as I like Johnson, I think I'm with jjmt2500. I don't want to mess with our starting core LB'ers.

I read a Rochester newspaper article that the Bills may look to trade RB Marshawn Lynch. I'd be interested in that for a 3rd round pick.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 02-15-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I think LB Derrick Johnson is a Restricted Free Agent. I'm sure exactly what that means especially with possibly no new labor agreement/uncapped year. I'm a BIG Derrick Johnson fan too and I think that he would fit in really well in Houston.

The thing is,what about Zach Diles? Diles is a pretty good/solid player. Would you trade Diles? As much as I like Johnson, I think I'm with jjmt2500. I don't want to mess with our starting core LB'ers.

I read a Rochester newspaper article that the Bills may look to trade RB Marshawn Lynch. I'd be interested in that for a 3rd round pick.
I'm a big fan of Marshawn. I think he could flourish here and a 3rd is definitely worth it.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed on Adibi, but I like Diles alot. His name gets lost playing next to Ryans and Cush, but he is consistantly good.

Lynch is a good runner but a bad dude. As nice as it would be to have him, i dont see the Texans making the move because of his character issues. We passed on LJ because of this and Lynch is much worse than LJ. But if he could clean up his act and the Bills would take a 3rd, im with you i would like to have him. One thing over the last few years is that a lot of solid running backs have been coming out of the draft. I think that hurts RBs that have been in the league for a while with getting signed to a new team.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Center Kevin Mawae may enter the free agent market. I'd LOVE to get him on the Texans.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I heard Center Kevin Mawae may enter the free agent market. I'd LOVE to get him on the Texans.
that would be a HUGE upgrade.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
that would be a HUGE upgrade.
Understatement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLP2cOxXEM

He's not a bad dude. He's a hero.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans need to kick it into BEASHT MODE. Marshawn all the way. If we can get him for a third I'd love the move. I still really like Slaton in spite of his fumbling though, maybe if he was paired with a talented reliable back it would be a better role for him.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Next season if we dont make a RB move, i would rather see Foster start over Slaton.

Supposedly San Diego wants to trade Cromartie for a RB. Wouldnt that be nice if they would take Slaton for him. I know that Cromartie had a down year but so did Slaton. I think Cromarite would be a upgrade, even after a down year, which is sad.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the Texans in RC's forum mock. This is what I did thus far.

20. Houston Texans - Taylor Mays, S, USC
44. Houston Texans (f/MIA) - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
83. Houston Texans - Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia

Houston Texans Get RB Julius Jones
Seattle Seahawks Get Pick 147

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, okay, okay -that aint a bad draft at all. I probably would not have taken those guys, but I have no way of knowing who was available. Could have been a lot worse. I would take that for sure.

A few other comments-I would sign Derrick Johnson in a heartbeat. I understand not wanting to mess up what we have a LB corp, but competition is usually good. He has the physical talent.

Also-way to early to give up on Okoye. I have seen people talking about him not producing yet?!?!?!?! Unless I am wrong, most players havent even been drafted yet considering how old he is. Is he not under 23 yoa? Come on...some players don't blossom until 25. I am not saying he is a sure thing yet, but when you draft a 19 yoa kid, you have to give him some slack. For anyone that thought they would have a pro bowl defensive tackle by the time he was 21-shame on you!!! Give him a break!!!!!

One last thing-no Marshawn Lynch. Please!!!! There are plenty of young faces in this draft that could be given a chance, and they will take WAY less money. I wasn't high on him coming out of college, so I am obviously prejudice against him in that aspect. But what is his greatest achievement so far? Go through his stats for me and pick out his most impressive one. I feel like he has been given every chance, and I, for one, have not been impressed.

Fix Slayton's fumble problem (which has been done with other running backs in the past I might add) and you have your work horse and play maker. Please don't forget what he did as a rookie! Everyone was sining his praises then, and that wasn't that long ago!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One correction-I just realized the Julius Jones trade. Not bad where you had him traded at. But as far as I am concerned he will never be anything to get excited about.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I'd take Lynch, but I think it unlikely.

Portis could be released in Washington and I think he has good years left in him, but we will see.

There probably will be a lot of good RB's available in the Free Agent market, but like a few of you have said, the Texans will probably just end up getting a RB through the draft.

I'd like to get Cromartie too as the poster above mentioned, but I'll be honest, I wouldn't want to give up much for him.

I know that we need to pay Dunta and OD, but I'd still like to see the Texans sign a few good players via free agency.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 02-18-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Okay, okay, okay -that aint a bad draft at all. I probably would not have taken those guys, but I have no way of knowing who was available. Could have been a lot worse. I would take that for sure.

A few other comments-I would sign Derrick Johnson in a heartbeat. I understand not wanting to mess up what we have a LB corp, but competition is usually good. He has the physical talent.

Also-way to early to give up on Okoye. I have seen people talking about him not producing yet?!?!?!?! Unless I am wrong, most players havent even been drafted yet considering how old he is. Is he not under 23 yoa? Come on...some players don't blossom until 25. I am not saying he is a sure thing yet, but when you draft a 19 yoa kid, you have to give him some slack. For anyone that thought they would have a pro bowl defensive tackle by the time he was 21-shame on you!!! Give him a break!!!!!

One last thing-no Marshawn Lynch. Please!!!! There are plenty of young faces in this draft that could be given a chance, and they will take WAY less money. I wasn't high on him coming out of college, so I am obviously prejudice against him in that aspect. But what is his greatest achievement so far? Go through his stats for me and pick out his most impressive one. I feel like he has been given every chance, and I, for one, have not been impressed.

Fix Slayton's fumble problem (which has been done with other running backs in the past I might add) and you have your work horse and play maker. Please don't forget what he did as a rookie! Everyone was sining his praises then, and that wasn't that long ago!
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38375
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...2&#post2021032
^ selection order

I was offered Lynch for a 2011 2nd but declined. If we were doing FA I would have went after Chester Taylor.

I don't think people are giving up on Okoye more not giving Shaun Cody a chance.

Tiki Barber comes to mind.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-21-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

We gave Cody a chance, he is a solid backup, not a starter. Amobi has had 2.5 sacks in 2 years, I dont care how old he is, that is bad.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still need a Texans GM for a forum mock thing:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38839

post here to join

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Rick Smith is gonna let Dunta hit free agency. So its very safe to say that he will no longer be a Texan.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Rick Smith is gonna let Dunta hit free agency. So its very safe to say that he will no longer be a Texan.
That is assuming someone wants him... He's gonna have to take a pay cut no way around it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

179. Houston Texans - Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
211. Houston Texans - Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn

5th traded for Julius Jones

Did I win.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
179. Houston Texans - Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
211. Houston Texans - Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn

5th traded for Julius Jones

Did I win.

Yes you did Win. I like those picks.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I wish the Texans didn't let Dunta walk.

If he wanted big money, then I'd understand.

I do think a team will step up and pay Dunta.

What do the Texans do now at CB?

Do they look at Free Agent CB Leigh Bodden?

I'm not as high on Antonio Cromartie as others are, but I'd definitely take on the Texans in a trade for a late draft pick or something.

I like CB Joe Haden A LOT , but he should be LONG GONE by the time the Texans pick at #20.

Maybe Patrick Robinson or Kyle Wilson?

Is Donovan Warren likely to be around in the 2nd round or he a 1st round draft pick?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Now FS Antrel Rolle looks like he is going to be available. How much cash is this guy likely going to want?

I wonder if having Frank Bush at Def. Coordinator for the Texans might help with that IF the Texans have any interest in Rolle.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not upset about Dunta. Statistically he was nowhere near a top five corner and didn't deserve that amount of money. I dunno if you guys listen to sportstalk on the radio. I listen to 790 AM and Guin was really upset with them not franchising him claiming lack of pass rush hurting him. I couldn't get through, I might try again Monday. However the numbers don't lie when QB's threw at Robinson they had a 99 QB rating. Robinson dropped one of the easiest Ints. on our Monday night game. Robinson lost his closing speed and I watched him on a lot of plays during the season. The guy was committing penalties on most of the plays and was lucky not to be called on many of them.

What upsets me the most is how he claimed to want to be here. Yet last yr. he turned down a good offer after coming off a horrible injury. He held out and refused to sign the franchise tag until right before the season. This yr. he wasn't franchised, but also he hasn't taken any action that would lead you to believe that he wants to be here. Other than saying he wouldn't mind being franchised again this off-season.

Leigh Bodden would be an upgrade, performance wise. I don't know what kind of leader he is, but he had 5 ints. and a QB ratings in the 50's when thrown at.

Dunta was a solid player, but not enough to be brought back at the price he was asking.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I am glad to see Dunta go. Great stats datchapin, i remember so many times watching a reciever get a wide open pass and Dunta running 10 yards behind him.

Sounds like we are not going to bring Walter back. I saw this coming during the season, you can tell the coaching staff is wanting Jacoby to step in and be the starter and then i see Anderson getting more involved, as he should be. I can see Washington picking up Walter.

Everyday i look online to see if we have locked up Ryans, OD, or Pollard yet. Why is this not happening?? I dont want to see us just offer the RF tender, we need these guys locked up and happy for a long time. OD has already said he is not going to camp with out a long term deal.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I'm not ready to give up on LT to Houston yet....

Maybe the Texas don't need LT, but I think that he could help in goal line situations and be a nice situational RB for Houston.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 02-27-2010 at 11:23 AM.