Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Cooking at Home
Anything with Alton Brown

are what I usually watch not counting shows like Triple Ds, Unwrapped, Chopped, Iron Chef,Throwdown etc.
You forgot the best competition show, Top Chef.

Agree about Alton. Knows his stuff.

I want to punch Guy Fieri in the face. He's always screaming and I feel like I need to reach for my wallet when that bleach haired slimeball is on tv.

I don't watch any of the other competition shows anymore, got burned out. Chopped I still occasionally watch, but the women judges on that show are way over critical and the whole tone is negative, which isn't fun to watch.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iron Chef is amazing. Do not diss the Chairman.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this. i love alton, but let's face it... he's not really doing high cuisine. the people on top chef are actually making some incredible food (especially the top chef: masters). i just wish they'd stop with the cheesy competitions (though i get that they need sponsorship money and whatnot).
That's why Alton is so great. It is actually stuff average cooks could try. I dont wanna make high cuisine. I wanna make the best damn and near authentic tacos :) (anyone else watch that the other night)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-02-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a HUGE Top Chef fan boy. I have every season downloaded. Its the only cooking competition show I go out of my way to watch. I dont watch a lot of Foodnetwork shows like that. Iron Chef and Chopped once in a while.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
That's why Alton is so great. It is actually stuff average cooks could try. I dont wanna make high cuisine. I wanna make the best damn and near authentic tacos :) (anyone else watch that the other night)
Ugh, I've been trying to replicate the tacos from this taco truck in my college town for months.

Perfect mixture of marinated grilled chicken, cilantro and onion with amazing salsa folded into two small tortillas.

Salsa and sauces are always so damn hard to replicate.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Try to check it out...he had his own taco truck on the set ha.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
speaking of tacos... has anyone made decent flour tortillas at home?
Never have made tortillas from scratch.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Alton Brown did...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-02-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this. i love alton, but let's face it... he's not really doing high cuisine. the people on top chef are actually making some incredible food (especially the top chef: masters). i just wish they'd stop with the cheesy competitions (though i get that they need sponsorship money and whatnot).
1) AB: You are right, most of his recipes are basic. His cookbooks (particularly I'm Just Here for the Food and I'm Just Here For More Food) are awesome. He breaks down the science of what is going on, and then you can go from there. The More Food book is especially awesome since it deals with baking. I didn't know jack squat about a lot of baking before that, but this book breaks it down. Invaluable book.

2) Top Chef gets annoying with their unfair competitions. I would like to see them focus more on just letting them cook instead of some of these stupid contrived contests.

Still, it's great to see just a bit of their fancy pants techniques.

I'm plan on getting a sous vide setup here in the next few years. I love taking tough cuts and smoking them or braising them. This just would give me a new option.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Food network is garbage.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Ugh, I've been trying to replicate the tacos from this taco truck in my college town for months.

Perfect mixture of marinated grilled chicken, cilantro and onion with amazing salsa folded into two small tortillas.

Salsa and sauces are always so damn hard to replicate.
one of my best friends showed me his mother's taco recipe (she runs a taco stand around here) and it was freaking awesome, but it takes soooo long to prep

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
one of my best friends showed me his mother's taco recipe (she runs a taco stand around here) and it was freaking awesome, but it takes soooo long to prep
Yea a lot of them either take forever, or take random ingredients that take forever to find.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
Food network is garbage.
Other than Alton Brown, I agree. It's terrible.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
bantx
The Great Migration
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres this mexican meat market that makes some good ass ******* fajitas, soo good.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want some ******* fajitas right now.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to put forth the motion we all get fajitas.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I would like to put forth the motion we all get fajitas.
I fully agree. Plus, this was mentioned in our Skype convo. Bravo sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgM1...eature=related
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top Chef is my favorite as well. I don't watch as much Food Network as I used to but Bobby Flay's shows were always my favorite like Throwdown. I like Chopped also even though the judges get a little too critical for stupid things.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Japanese Iron Chief is the Chit.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just found out the new pizza place up the street makes a cheaper AND bigger 12' steak and cheese than Subway and most other places. It's also delicious. Dined very well tonight.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bantx
The Great Migration
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it took me an hour to drive to get some chicken express on these icy roads, ordered the 3 piece chicken tender meal and they gave me 12 pieces...so worth it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
who the **** makes a 12 foot cheesesteak and why the hell would you ever consider subway in that case?
-Typo.
-Obviously wouldn't haha. Just giving people without the blessing of east coast sub shops some perspective.

Still, footlong sub for 6 bucks is both good for my wallet and my tastebuds.

Also just made some homemade pita chips for the first time which turned out to be entirely more delicious than I was expecting even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau