Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Lewis is the worst DC i've ever seen.

Bill Sheridan isn't as bad as Lewis was, but he's been pretty bad. He came from Lewis's coaching tree. We thought that after spending 2 years under Spags he'd learn and run Spag's system, but nope.

We're predominately a Cover 2 team under Sheridan. And you know how much I hate Cover 2.

I really hope we get John Fox as our DC this offseason.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Bill Sheridan isn't as bad as Lewis was, but he's been pretty bad. He came from Lewis's coaching tree. We thought that after spending 2 years under Spags he'd learn and run Spag's system, but nope.

We're predominately a Cover 2 team under Sheridan. And you know how much I hate Cover 2.

How do you feel about Dick Jauron? I think he'd do a good job with you guys.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
How do you feel about Dick Jauron?
He's been a name associated with Coughlin. I don't like it bc he runs Cover 2 doesn't he?

Now that I think of it, Fox might run Cover 2 as well. But Fox as the man in NY when he was our DC, and i don't remember him running Cover 2 with us so I don't know.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's been a name associated with Coughlin. I don't like it bc he runs Cover 2 doesn't he?

Now that I think of it, Fox might run Cover 2 as well. But Fox as the man in NY when he was our DC, and i don't remember him running Cover 2 with us so I don't know.
I believe Jauron does run the cover 2 but I know he has worked under Coughlin so I just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I believe Jauron does run the cover 2 but I know he has worked under Coughlin so I just wanted to hear your thoughts.
Yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if we went after him. This past year Coughlin gave Capers strong consideration bc of the familiarity, but chose Sheridan to keep "continuity". That was a huge mistake in hindsight.

I'll welcome Jauron if he keeps us as a blitzing unit. This team is clearly not built to run Cover 2, its a blitzing defense. So I won't favor anyone who wants to run Cover 2.

But if they bring that pressure style, I'm all for it. I personally want us to demote Sheridan and have Peter Guinta as our DC for the rest of the season. See if he brings back Spags style to our defense.

Might as well. If that doesn't work out, then go out and get a new DC this offseason. Spags wanted Guinta as his DC, so that has to count for something. Sheridan isn't working, might as well make the change now.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three penalties in four plays. Go Cards.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that's just awful.

Anyway, Boldin, Vern Davis, and Dockett...I need you guys to go nuts today.

Come on throw to Davis...especially if Wilson is on him. Instant TD.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dockett INT, that works!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will be chatting live with fans Thursday, Dec. 17, at noon ET. Get your questions in now.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Jon Gruden as an announcer
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brit Miller is a beast. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 points from VD and I'm good. If he fails to accomplish this, I will rant later.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring in Beanie Wells mother*******.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was up 7 going in...he has fitz i have san fran d.

That whistle blowing it dead ******* killed me
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arizona...yeah um you might want to avoid jumping offside and fumbling.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

yessssssssssssssssss

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh this is the type of game where the Card will constantly kills themselves and then lose :(
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Vernon Davis.....does it again!!!
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrific pass protection from Glen Coffee on that play.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEMIS BABY! OMG I LOVE YOU VD! I LOVE MY TEAM! such perseverance
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis is only two touchdowns away from Antonio Gates record.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll trade you Brian Van Gorder.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Cardinals' fail.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Arizona is making the Bears look competent.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

The defense is doing alright. Our RBs have just forgotten how to hold on to the ball.

Side not: My TV has died and I can't get a reliable stream. Could someone PM me a link to a good one.