Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-27-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you Rutgers homers are mad, but Randle is a 1st round talent.

SPLOOSH
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, happy with Randle! Gives us our deep threat!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so is sanu. i would be ok if it were Massie or Allen but randle's not even that good
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randle sucks. I hate LSU WR's. I know it's not fair to judge them all together like that but they are always all similar and all suck as far as I'm concerned.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Reese I trust. Idk what he sees in Randle cause I don't really see it but again he has 2 SB rings and I don't.
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we want Sanu, other than because we want to make scotty and the other Rutgers fans happy? He doesn't fit the type of reciever we needed. Good player, but no deep threat like we needed.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Bob Massie would've been the best pick. Have him battle Brewer and Diehl, if he loses the LT spot to Beatty, at RT, then if Beatty busts and Brewer looks legit you move Massie over to LT and you have David Diehl 2.0

Massie-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Brewer would've looked a lot like our OL did when we were the most dominant running team in the league. Massie like Diehl as the just solid pass blocker but a great run blocker, Petrus as a more powerful and vicious version of 69, Baas replicating the incredibly average Shaun O'Hara, Snee would be Snee and Brewer as that wide bodied RT that McKenzie has been for years.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randle was in discussion yesterday for 1st round pick according to Ross right now. NFL Ready. strong, good route runner, position savvy, 40's are overrated. Gee sounds exact like Sanu.

sig by BoneKrusher
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Randle sucks. I hate LSU WR's. I know it's not fair to judge them all together like that but they are always all similar and all suck as far as I'm concerned.
Dwayne Bowe :/

SPLOOSH
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Why would we want Sanu, other than because we want to make scotty and the other Rutgers fans happy? He doesn't fit the type of reciever we needed. Good player, but no deep threat like we needed.
Ross just described Randle as pretty much the same player as Sanu.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Dwayne Bowe :/
Ehh only 1. I'm pissed right now so I'm not thinking straight anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't like him as a prospect like most of you said. He'll beat man coverage though, and he has the height and weight to work through zones without getting killed. Not an easy evaluation with all the terrible QB play at LSU
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are being ridiculous. This was a very good pick. I had Randle as a 1st round pick.

Randle ran a poor 40, but he's clearly faster than Sanu on tape. He's big, and fast, and productive. And he had an even worse qb than Sanu had throwing him the football.

I wanted Sanu as a Rutgers alum, but the unbiased decision should have clearly been Randle and it was the right call. This was the best pick we could have made.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Put your Rutgers hommerism aside and then evaluate the pick.

SPLOOSH
Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

now giants fans are calling me and zak homers for wanting sanu. good god he's going to make everyone feel dumb. he's going to tear it up. Cruz can be our deep threat. We need someone to pick up 3rd and 4ths, that's sanu.

nicks will be doubled and cruz jammed.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Put your Rutgers hommerism aside and then evaluate the pick.
I've said before I feel Randle is over-rated. I haven't been a Randle fan since day one. If this was Massie I'd be fine
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Massie, I do like Massie and would like him if he was the pick. But let's keep in mind, Massie is strictly a RT. Those guys don't have value in the NFL, that's why he's dropping. He's a great scheme fit, but realistically he's probably graded as a 3rd round pick bc of he's strictly a RT.

He won't be there for us in the 3rd though, he'll be gone in the early 3rd round.

Now it's BPA all the way.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Only I way feel better now is if we trade up for Sanu now. Or Massie.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Massie to NYG round 3!

Sanu will go Miami now

Holy ****! A punter round 3!!!!!!

SPLOOSH
Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

No, don't get caught up with individual players. Stick to the board. Massie is the best fit for our current needs, but he's not the only RT available in this draft.

Watch what Randle does with an actual qb throwing him the ball.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ross just described Randle as pretty much the same player as Sanu.
Well, then we should all be happy, especially since you guys wanted Sanu and we got a player with pretty much the same skillset. In the end it doesn't matter which college they went to( atleast not to an European guy like me :p)

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Id love if we used one of our 4ths to move up and get Massie.

SPLOOSH
Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Watch what Randle does with an actual qb throwing him the ball.
In the interview on NFLN it was the first thing he mentioned, and he said it with great relief in his voice! " It feels great to be a giant, to have Eli Manning throwing me the football, and Nicks and Cruz teaching me!" Loved that!

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Randle is also a prospect I got my eyes on. Wouldn't mind Randle. I have a feeling he's rated higher on team boards than he is by armchair scouts. Wouldn't surprise me if he's the 3rd WR taken off the board.
I said this on the 23rd^

I've always been high on Randle. I viewed him as a 1st round WR.

From the "what the scouts are saying" article:

Handcuffed by poor quarterback play. "Kind of like a James Lofton type," one scout said. "Long strider. Vertical guy. Very good hands." Third-year junior with 97 receptions for 1,634 yards (16.9) and 13 TDs. "He didn't have Matt Flynn or JaMarcus Russell throwing to him," another scout said. "He had Jordan Jefferson and Jarrett Lee. Other than a hitch, screen or occasional takeoff or dig, the consistency of their passing game just wasn't there for him to show what he could do." Out of Bastrop, La. Scored 18 on the Wonderlic, same as Wright. "Good player but not a real good worker," a third scout said. "That's the biggest concern about him. He's pretty immature that way. In terms of size, ability to catch the ball and run routes, that's all real good."