View Poll Results: Who is the worst?
Brody 623421 54.74%
Sham 515531 45.26%
Voters: 1138952. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
if we traded Bledsoe/Keef or something for him

Dragic - Thomas - Ennis
Green - Goodwin
Tucker - Warren - Morris
Love - Tolliver
Plumlee - Len

or do you start Thomas & Dragic
I would like to see Love in PHX more than anywhere else. I think it's a perfect match for that team.

If I'm Minny, I make that trade and put Rubio on the trade block. But first I see if I can pry Wiggins. That's option #1.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
CLE front office is pretty much at the mercy of Lebron. They obvious didn't have plans for trading Wiggins, but if those Lebron rumors are true of him pushing for Love then CLE just lost their leverage and they'll probably end up doing it. Everything that matters there is in Lebron's control. It was like that during his first stint there too. Wouldn't be surprised to see fans cheer about Varejao's expiring only to see him get a brand new whop your jaws contract since Lebron loves playing with him.
Umm, why would they do that? Cleveland loves Andy, and he's a damn good player when healthy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Andy would be a pretty big blow. He's had trouble staying healthy, but hes very good when hes playing, and is one of LeBron's fav teammates.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I keep going back and forth over whether Cleveland should trade Wiggins for Love or not... I think I need to know what else that trade would require. I either keep Wiggins or I keep my extra 1st round picks. You can't give up both in my opinion. They need to be able to bolster their roster through youthful injections of talent, which is something that Miami couldn't do. Also, would Cleveland games be 120-110 every night?
I just read somewhere that the Cavs have 20 mil in trade exceptions... I don't think that's true. I think the truth is that they don't want to give up Varejao, which means a third team might be needed to essentially have it be Wiggins/a pick or two for Love which is definitely fair.

It's really hard to find resources where they talk NBA about like, real things like what exactly this trade would include, instead of just regurgitating the same BS over and over again.

EDIT: And for me, Andy is the dealbreaker. If they can't get the deal done without Andy, they can't do it. They need him, especially with Bird returning to miami. They probably should have done this trade before Ed Davis and Jason Smith signed if they do trade Andy now.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Umm, why would they do that? Cleveland loves Andy, and he's a damn good player when healthy.
Because I've seen them say "We'll just sign Love in the offseason when Varejao's contract is expired".
Old 07-17-2014, 08:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Anybody else been catching the SL games? I must say Exum is disappointing... and I wasn't expecting that.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't trade Wiggins for Love but we all know the Cavs front office is all about keeping Bron's d hard for the rest of his career. What Bron want, Bron gone get.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One potential upside to trading for Love and signing him to an extension, both Kyrie and him would be locked in at the 2014 rate while the league's cap balloons when they renegotiate the TV deals.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Anthony Bennett just attempted a Wilt-esque finger roll. Confirmed new favorite player.
Key word there was attempted. The Big Dipper finger roll was a thing of beauty. God I miss him.

And Cleveland just go get Kevin Love. This is beyond a no brainer.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don't trade Wiggins for Love but we all know the Cavs front office is all about keeping Bron's d hard for the rest of his career. What Bron want, Bron gone get.
You're implying that Wiggins is a better basketball player than Love which is false.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bantx
The Great Migration
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont want to see wiggins suffer in minnesota :[

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm going to agree with Simmons that they'd might as well wait until February to make a Love deal. As much as I think it'd be a smart plan for Cleveland to pounce on a Love deal, why not wait and see what you've got right now, and see if you can bank on Minnesota getting nervous and selling low on Love once they know they're going to lose him a few months later?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
i dont want to see wiggins suffer in minnesota :[
That'd, potentially, be a good team. Pekovic & Dieng up front is a really good start. Wiggins at one of the wings, and then you need to shore up two spots and depth. Even if they just have Rubio and Martin, they could do some real damage in the West.

Last edited by nepg : 07-17-2014 at 08:53 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You're implying that Wiggins is a better basketball player than Love which is false.
You just put words in my mouth. Keeping Wiggins is the sound basketball move both with the product on the court and financially.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
The Great Migration
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rubio and martin blows peko needs to get out while he can too

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isiah Canaan 1-on-1 with Wiggins in a back and forth game, iso'd, 15 seconds left, blew right past him for the dagger layup. Suck it, Wiggins.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Isiah Canaan 1-on-1 with Wiggins in a back and forth game, iso'd, 15 seconds left, blew right past him for the dagger layup. Suck it, Wiggins.
Well, I've changed my mind. Clearly they should bail on Wiggins now before he is EXPOSED.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I think I'm going to agree with Simmons that they'd might as well wait until February to make a Love deal. As much as I think it'd be a smart plan for Cleveland to pounce on a Love deal, why not wait and see what you've got right now, and see if you can bank on Minnesota getting nervous and selling low on Love once they know they're going to lose him a few months later?
There are too many issues with this. If they want to do the trade, they should do it now.

1) Any other team could up their offer and the Cavs can't do anything about it.

2) Wiggins could lose value by not playing well. Or get injured. Love could get injured too.

3) The Wolves will not sell low in the long run in this deal unless Anthony Bennett becomes worthwhile somehow. Doubtful. I wouldn't hold out hope for that. Selling low to the Cavs would be way less desirable than selling low to someone else by that point also. The Wolves would know they'd look stupid.

4) That team would be good enough to win a title with Love. You'd want him NOW so that he gets an entire season with his new team. Trading for a star at midseason might work, but it's not ideal and if you have the choice of doing it now or in the middle of the year, you do it now so he gets a whole year to develop chemistry and get used to the city, etc.

The bottom line is that GM and personnel people are paid good money to evaluate players and make decisions. This is an important decision that revolves around Wiggins' prospects. The idea that "he's unproven" doesn't mean anything. Your job is to project and put your position in the best position to win going forward - not to react to what's already happened. It's laughable when fans argue that a rookie "who has never stepped on an NBA court or taken a snap in the NFL doesn't have value." Saying that Wiggins' potential is unknown is a lazy cop out. Do the work, do your job, make a choice if he's worth keeping or worth trading for Love. Now. Don't wait, too much can change.

- Ko Simpson

Last edited by gpngc : 07-17-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously it's summer league, but Wiggins was 15-20 from the charity stripe tonight.

20 FTAs in a summer league game.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

This Celtics off-season has been mildly depressing. A healthy Rondo could potentially keep the team out of the bottom 5, but not to the playoffs. That's just the worst place to be. Lottery reform can't come soon enough.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I thought Cannan would be pretty good.

The NBA is just so damn difficult.

- Ko Simpson
Old 07-17-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
You just put words in my mouth. Keeping Wiggins is the sound basketball move both with the product on the court and financially.
Not trying to put words in anyone's mouth. How is Wiggins close to Love as an all around player?
Old 07-17-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
This Celtics off-season has been mildly depressing. A healthy Rondo could potentially keep the team out of the bottom 5, but not to the playoffs. That's just the worst place to be. Lottery reform can't come soon enough.
Basically they're waiting for Bird and McHale to walk through the door. Pathetic offseason for them.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:26 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Basically they're waiting for Bird and McHale to walk through the door. Pathetic offseason for them.
The sad part is if Minnesota doesn't want to play ball with then on Love, I don't actually know what I would have preferred. Melo was never coming, LeBron wasn't coming, Bosh wasn't coming. There were no franchise changing moves to be made, and if they weren't fielding awesome deals for Rondo, this was probably their best course of action.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random Trade thought:

Cleveland Receives:
Kevin Love
Shabaaz Muhammed

Minnesota Receives:
DeMar Derozan
Tristan Thompson
Terrence Ross

Toronto Receives:
Andrew Wiggins
Kevin Martin
Anthony Bennett

New depth charts:

Cleveland:

PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Dion Waiters/Joe Harris/James Jones
SF: LeBron James/Mike Miller/Shabaaz Muhammed
PF: Kevin Love/Dwight Powell
C: Anderson Varejao/Brendan Haywood
Cleveland Obviously gets the guy LeBron covets in Love, plus they get to keep Waiters who they could always move for more value and also big they don't have to give up any future picks.

Minnesota:

PG: Ricky Rubio/J.J. Barrea/Alexey Shved
SG: Terrence Ross/Zach LaVine/Corey Brewer
SF: DeMar Derozan/Chase Budinger/Glen Robinson III
PF: Tristan Thompson/Luc Ricard Mbah Moute
C: Nikola Pekovic/Gorgui Dieng

Minnesota gets maximum value for Love. A young allstar in Derozan, and two starters with huge potential in Ross and Thompson.

Toronto:

PG: Kyle Lowry/Greivis Vasquez
SG: Kevin Martin/Lou Williams
SF: Andrew Wiggins/Bruno Coboclo/Landry Fields
PF: Amir Johnnson/Anthony Bennett/Chuck Hayes
C: Jonas Valanciunas/Patrick Patterson/Lucas Nogueira/Tyler Hansborough

I don't believe in Toronto as a title contender with this roster. Getting hometown boy Wiggins gives them a face to the franchise. Kevin Martin fills a spot to keep them playoff contenders but the eventual goal would be a Bruno/Wiggins wing combo. Plus Bennett being in Canada would definitely do the most to motivate him and could eventually grow into the starting 4.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote