Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like JPP. Could be a bust, but he's worth the risk. Freakish athlete, like him better than I ever liked Jerome McDougle. The closer we get the more I feel we'll goo pass rusher or O-line in the 1st and secondary with our 2nds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

He's not worth the risk, trust me.

Read this article:
http://footballoutsiders.com/nfl-dra...ucing-sackseer

JPP had a vertical jump of 30.5", and a short shuttle of 4.67 sec, AND he was a Junior College player for more than a year.

Almost all of the JuCo pass rushers of the past decade have been busts. No edge rusher who became decent in the NFL ran a short shuttle much slower than 4.5 secs. Almost all of the top edge rushers in the NFL right now (Freeney, Cole, Allen, Peppers, Ware, etc) posted vertical jumps of higher than 35".

If JPP were to be productive in the NFL, he'd be bucking serious historical trends, and would be the first DE in years to become anything more than a marginal player with those kind of underwhelming numbers in the vertical jump and short shuttle.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read the Eagles are targeting Rolando McClain, Jason Pierre-Paul, Earl Thomas, Eric Berry and CJ Spiller. I don't know how I would feel if the Eagles drafted CJ Spiller. There is so much stuff flying around right now, the Jaguars, Broncos and Dolphins all want to trade out.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think they will grab a CB, via a trade with a team?

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Does anyone think they will grab a CB, via a trade with a team?
Richard Marshall perhaps?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think thats very probable, if they do go that route, I would want Pouncey, and would not be upset if we get Spiller.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-21-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Imagine adding Spiller to this offense. Spiller combined with LeSean McCoy, Mike Bell, Leonard Weaver, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and the rest of the offense. Other teams couldn't handle that, adding Spiller to the most explosive offense in the NFL would be INSANE. Thats like adding Chris Johnson to this offense, that would be crazy.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's become a two back league now and Spiller+McCoy would be one of the best young duos out there. Would also take a lot of pressure off Kolb with those two in the backfield.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

The CJ Spiller rumor actually came from David Jeremiah, former scout and a guy who has been on top of the draft all offseason, he says NFL people think the Eagles want to move for CJ Spiller.

Seriously, at Clemson CJ scored 21 touchdowns over 50 yards. Add that to DeSean Jackson who has scored 10 touchdowns over 50 yards in his first two seasons and there is the most explosive offense in the NFL. He is like Felix Jones, but better and more explosive.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

If the Eagles grab Spiller, I will wet my pants in excitment. It looks like everyone here finally will agree on something.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-21-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK how I'd feel about Spiller, I don't think I'd like it much, as RB is low on the needs list.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Eagles grab Spiller, I will wet my pants in excitment. It looks like everyone here finally will agree on something.
Hahaha, sorry man, I just don't see the value, or likelihood, there, as the Eagles historically don't value RBs that high. I don't see it, especially after using a high round pick on a RB (who doesn't look to bust anytime soon) the year before.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

I will like the move if we aquire a CB.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-21-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I will like the move if we aquire a CB.
If the Eagles acquire a CB, then that leaves OL and FS, even DE, as two needs that far exceed RB, and another need that is still bigger, not to mention we can get better value with a 3rd or even fourth round RB.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Hahaha, sorry man, I just don't see the value, or likelihood, there, as the Eagles historically don't value RBs that high. I don't see it, especially after using a high round pick on a RB (who doesn't look to bust anytime soon) the year before.
Yeah, I was initially confused when I read it, but the Eagles really want to surround Kolb with the best talent and like Todd said adding another RB it would take pressure off Kolb.

But I would be really interested to see how they solved the situation at CB, SLB and LE if they took Spiller. But that won't be a problem if the Eagles are hanging 40 on everyone with huge plays ;).
Old 04-21-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yeah, I was initially confused when I read it, but the Eagles really want to surround Kolb with the best talent and like Todd said adding another RB it would take pressure off Kolb.

But I would be really interested to see how they solved the situation at CB, SLB and LE if they took Spiller. But that won't be a problem if the Eagles are hanging 40 on everyone with huge plays ;).
I'm not as concerned with LE and FS, we can get by with what we have, but another contributor or an upgrade would be very nice. It is KEY the Eagles address CB, and hopefully early, as well as OL.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

It will be a wild day...Hopefully we will all be happy at the end of the first round.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-22-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, so here's my Eagles top 10 wish-list for tomorrow:

1. Eric Berry
2. Joe Haden
3. Earl Thomas
4. Mike Iupati
5. Brandon Graham
6. Rolando McClain
7. Kyle Wilson
8. C.J. Spiller
9. Maurkice Pouncey
10. Sean Weatherspoon

Still would be happy with JPP, Morgan, Kindle, McCourty, or Jackson. Tons of talent in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Alright, so here's my Eagles top 10 wish-list for tomorrow:

1. Eric Berry
2. Joe Haden
3. Earl Thomas
4. Mike Iupati
5. Brandon Graham
6. Rolando McClain
7. Kyle Wilson
8. C.J. Spiller
9. Maurkice Pouncey
10. Sean Weatherspoon

Still would be happy with JPP, Morgan, Kindle, McCourty, or Jackson. Tons of talent in this draft.
Here's mine, pretty similar, defintiely not the same though...
1. Berry
Pick I'd be ecstatic with, but its pretty much out of range.

2. Thomas
3. Haden
4. Pouncey
5. Wilson
I'd be VERY happy with either of these picks, regardless of situation, great players that fit needs and scheme.

6. Graham
7. Iupati
I'd be very happy with either of these, depending on the situation. DE isn't a huge need, but I really like Graham. Iupati fits a need and is a great value at 24, I just think the secondary needs to be addressed before OL.

8. McCourty
9. Jackson
10. Nate Allen
Players at our biggest positions of need, whose value is right at or below pick 24. If any of the people above this tier are available and we pick one of these guys, I'll be a little disappointed, but still like the pick. I could see it happening if one of this tier is the pick and Iupati is still on the board.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is My top 10

1. Eric Berry
2. Joe Haden
3. Earl Thomas
4. Maurkice Pouncey
5. Derrick Morgan
6. Brandon Ghram
7. Rolando McClain
8. Mike Iutapi
9. Sergio Kindle
10. JPP
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Scott's projection for us in round 2. Vlad Ducasse would make a bad ass guard.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

noooo my sig.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I keep hearing the Eagles want to trade up with Atlanta for Earl Thomas.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if he'll still be there, but Wilson could be. I am tired of hearing about rumors and just want the draft to be here haha.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I've also heard that if the Redskins and Chiefs pass on Berry, the Eagles would try and trade up with the Browns to get Eric Berry. Please let that happen.