Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who deserves a title shot more?
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson 12 30.77%
Lyoto "Dragon" Machida 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I can't tell if you're trolling or not.
cmon man im just trying to get my pump on at the gym with a cool affliction shirt... do you know any good bicep workouts?
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
cmon man im just trying to get my pump on at the gym with a cool affliction shirt... do you know any good bicep workouts?
JHe's trolling and even though its not exactly original or clever in any way, I enjoy it for some reason.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
eh I don't know, I'll give the Silva fight being a bigger stage and more dramatic but much of the match was just Chael GnP trying to keep top position. The Bendo fight was back and fourth grappling and standup exchanges. The thing that separates it for me is that both Bendo and Pettis fought off numerous close submissions.
Think of it this way though...it was 5 rounds of takedowns and ground'n'pound on the most dangerous fighter off his back arguably in MMA. Tell me you weren't blown away just by the fact that he keot top position and g'n'p Silva for 24 minutes basically without being submitted. I was blown away by his ability just to dominate Silva in he standup and ground game. Utterly blown away.
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it was highly impressive, but was it overly exciting, not really. Everyone though has their own criteria as for what is a great fight. For me whether a guy is dominant or not isnt a real criteria for me if it was a great fight. For me a great fight is back and forth and has dramatic moments. For me that was the Bendo/Pettis fight. Back and fourth grappling exchanges, submission defenses, and exciting standup moments. And of course the dramatic ending. I think a great fight is more about stylistic matchup. Bendo and Pettis were so evenly matched up that we saw exciting exchanges everywhere, even in the clinch. Stylistically with a guy like Sonnen who wins by wrestling its not as exciting. Given Sonnen delivered some shocking strikes and knock downs but if I were to compare them on an even level Id still take the Pettis fight. Both great fights though so whos to complain.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah it was highly impressive, but was it overly exciting, not really. Everyone though has their own criteria as for what is a great fight. For me whether a guy is dominant or not isnt a real criteria for me if it was a great fight. For me a great fight is back and forth and has dramatic moments. For me that was the Bendo/Pettis fight. Back and fourth grappling exchanges, submission defenses, and exciting standup moments. And of course the dramatic ending. I think a great fight is more about stylistic matchup. Bendo and Pettis were so evenly matched up that we saw exciting exchanges everywhere, even in the clinch. Stylistically with a guy like Sonnen who wins by wrestling its not as exciting. Given Sonnen delivered some shocking strikes and knock downs but if I were to compare them on an even level Id still take the Pettis fight. Both great fights though so whos to complain.
I agree. I haven't seen the Pettis/Bendo fight(finals, finally done now though), but I'd always agree that exciting content>>>domination followed by lucky comeback. It's the reason in boxing that the Ali-Frazier fights are so well remembered, they wouldn't be if Joe dominated the entire fight and Ali managed to catch him. The back and forth war with neither man giving in was what made those classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I agree. I haven't seen the Pettis/Bendo fight(finals, finally done now though), but I'd always agree that exciting content>>>domination followed by lucky comeback. It's the reason in boxing that the Ali-Frazier fights are so well remembered, they wouldn't be if Joe dominated the entire fight and Ali managed to catch him. The back and forth war with neither man giving in was what made those classic.
They would be remembered well because that's exactly what happened with Ali and Foreman. The Rumble in the Jungle is just as fondly remembered as the trilogy with Frazier. I think that the Frazier fights being a trilogy gives them an edge, but part of the Ali legend is making the miraculous comeback when he was seen as being too old to take out the monster that Foreman was back then.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the best MMA parodies I've seen.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post

This is one of the best MMA parodies I've seen.
The little bonk at the end kills me.

Duffe taking on Overeem Friday at Dream Dynamite. Duffe has actually been wearing a shirt to the press conferences saying Doubt Me!

Also Chuck Lidell officially retired today:

Quote:
Chuck Liddell officially is retired from the UFC cage, but "The Iceman's" career isn't over.

The UFC Hall of Famer and former champion has turned in his fight gloves for a spot in the UFC's front office.

The 41-year-old MMA legend and business-school graduate today was named the UFC's executive vice president of business development.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess that proves that it's not about what you know but who you know. Chuck is basically a high functioning rahtard at this point due to all his head trauma and now he lands a cushy executive job working with his buddy Dana White. I are jealous.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Anyone staying up to watch Dynamite tonight/this morning? I'm tempted since it's got a few interesting matches, but I don't know if I can take watching a Japanese event live again.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What time is the fight est? I'm a big Duffee fan but that fight could be a massacre.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The event starts at 4 A.M. Est, but there is a **** ton of stuff that happens before the Duffee and Overeem fight. Japanese events have 1-3 hour intermissions that make you want to punt a few babies if you're not expecting them. I would guess that it'll come on around 9 A.M. your time, but that's me being conservative with the estimate.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Duffee didn't last very long...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

It was to be expected. He hadn't trained in months, and he took the fight on short notice. I just hope he gets paid because there have been many fighters claiming that FEG has yet to pay them. It's been a year now, and Gary Goodridge still hasn't been paid for his fight against Mousasi last NYE.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could have trained for a year he'd never stand chance against Ubereem, but damn when was the last time Allistair fought someone legit in an MMA fight. Wish he were in the UFC and not rotting in Strikeforce where it seems like Fedor will never agree to fight him. Gotta respect Duffee though for stepping in there on a weeks notice knowing he'd get his ish pounded in. Should have had Duffee fight Lashley to see who is more legit.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

What happened with Dufee and the UFC? I never really saw a legit reason of why he was let go. I heard rumors of roids and conflict with Dana but nothing substantiated.

What a mismatch though, Ubereem straight up thugged him. I love Muay Thai and Alistair seems to mix in his knees and punches beautifully.

Last edited by FuzzyGopher : 12-31-2010 at 05:47 PM.
FuzzyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
What happened with Dufee and the UFC? I never really saw a legit reason of why he was let go. I heard rumors of roids and conflict with Dana but nothing substantiated.

What a mismatch though, Ubereem straight up thugged him. I love Muay Thai and Alistair seems to mix in his knees and punches beautifully.
Dana said in an interview that Duffee was being a dhead. Didn't care if he were in the UFC was making demands like he was Lesnar. We know Dana is a control freak and it appears that Duffee was seeking superstar treatment. If you are Rampage or Brock you get some room but a guy with 1 win, you are in no position to make demands. The guy is just a tool. Even in an interview yesterday he said it was outrageous he was cut because he has a 7 second KO. That shows what kind of guy he is.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He could have trained for a year he'd never stand chance against Ubereem, but damn when was the last time Allistair fought someone legit in an MMA fight. Wish he were in the UFC and not rotting in Strikeforce where it seems like Fedor will never agree to fight him. Gotta respect Duffee though for stepping in there on a weeks notice knowing he'd get his ish pounded in. Should have had Duffee fight Lashley to see who is more legit.
I want to see him fight someone legit too so we can put the hype to bed. Too many people are claiming that he's an elite guy at heavyweight regardless of his past and lack of quality wins at the weight. For me he's gotten his ass kicked way too many times to believe that he's some kind of superman now. He has improved, but I don't think that he can handle the big, efficient grapplers at heavyweight. Regardless of what I think, I want to actually see it happen. If he beats top guys he deserves all the credit in the world, but he's fought nothing but scrubs and lower level prospects that haven't proven much in Rogers and Duffee. I really wish that M-1 wasn't such a burden because we could have seen how far he's come by now with a fight against Fedor.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Thank God Grispi didn't end up fighting Aldo, he was flat out horrendous tonight. Garbage performance for a guy who was supposed to show off in his debut. I guess Diego Nunes and Porier are in the mix for Aldo whenver, but Omigawa and Chad Mendes should be the title eliminator.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****** Guida I hate this guy.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Exactly I know everyone loves him but I can't stand him.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
This. This. This.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...why do you all hate him, he does nothing but have war after war after war

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just spent 8 minutes jumping around not doing anything.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a link please. My normal one is sketchy & in spanish.

Thanks in advance

edit: and for the record, I like Guida, but i logged on to see him talking with Rogan. Oh well. Looking forward to the Lebin (sp?) fight.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote