Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-11-2014, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even dislike Alex Smith as a person OR as a player, but after 9 years in the league your "franchise $10m+ a year QB" should have more TDs in a single season than 23. That's just crap.

Ah well, life of a Chiefs fan, amirite guys?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the more I've had time to think about this...the more I love this draft.

1.) Dee Ford - Tamba is probably playing his last year in KC so go ahead and get and groom his successor
3.) Phillip Gaines - Adds speed to a secondary that lacked it IMO. Also grooming him to eventually take over for Flowers
4.) DeAnthony Thomas - playmaker who adds more speed and HR hitting ability to the offense and ST
5.) Aaron Murray - even if Smith signs an extension he's in his 30's. never hurts to plan for the future
6a.) Zach Fulton - adds a nastiness that's been lacking on the OL
6b.) Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - a project but from things I've read has major upside. no risk-high reward pick
Old 05-11-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you have the OL backwards. LDT is the one with a reputation for nasty. Fulton may be a bit passive.

Dee Ford is definitely growing on me, given the large assumption that his medical issues are settled. With a healthy season he might have gone top 10. Even if he is only a Connor Barwin, I'll take it. He does look like that much--if he's healthy.

Gaines has experience in press coverage, but there are signs they may want him to play FS. If Commings is not the the CF, they may want Gaines to be it. Considering the draft slot, they were not going to get a sure thing.

Concerning UDFA, this is from Gretz

Quote:
RB James Baker, 6-2, 237 pounds, Idaho
RB Joey DeMartino, 5-11, 200 pounds, Utah State.
SS DeRon Furr, 6-2, 232 pounds, Fort Valley State.
OT Ben Gottschalk, 6-4, 299 pounds, SMU.
LS Marcus Heit, 6-3, 258 pounds, Kansas State.
OLB Ben Johnson, 6-1, 234 pounds, Tennessee-Martin.
G Will Latu, 6-3, 315 pounds, Abilene Christian.
C/G Cole Pensick, 6-1, 282 pounds, Nebraska.
SS Kacy Rodgers II, 6-1, 213 pounds, Miami.
K Cairo Santos, 5-8, 160 pounds, Tulane.
DL Kona Schwenke, 6-3 , 303 pounds Notre Dame.
SS Daniel Sorenson, 6-1, 208 pounds, Brigham Young.
WR Darryl Surgent, 6-0, 185 pounds, Louisiana-Lafayette.
FS David Van Dyke, 6-0, 185 pounds, Tennessee State
RB Charcandrick West, 5-9, 204 pounds, Abilene Christian.
WR Albert Wilson, 5-9, 200 pounds, Georgia State

DE Kenny Carter of Auburn and DE Shawn Shuperd from Eastern Kentucky will get tryouts in two weeks at the Chiefs rookie mini-camp.
3 RB, 2 WR, 4 S. At a guess, they wanted to spend picks on size. The LS is interesting. Marcus Heit is one of the top rated LS this year.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't even dislike Alex Smith as a person OR as a player, but after 9 years in the league your "franchise $10m+ a year QB" should have more TDs in a single season than 23. That's just crap.

Ah well, life of a Chiefs fan, amirite guys?
Or a 49ers fan. Kaepernick total pass TDs was 24. But that was 16+3 games.

Smith in 15+1 was 27.

Tom Brady and Matt Ryan fell down to the mid 20s throwing a 100 more passes.
Andy Dalton got into the 30s.

Alex Smith is going to play a winning style of QB. For the offense to get to up to where it wins some games despite the defense or special teams Smith needs to play more like he did in the 2nd half.

And as important is the improvement around the QB. Blocking, catching.

And have to clean up the pre-snap penalties. As those make it harder on everyone.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving our draft. Especially drafting "The Black Mamba" I think he'll be what Dex was supposed to be, except with much more game breaking speed. The one large concern is the lack of Wide Receiver. Are we really banking on Jenkins and Hemmingway developing and starting?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:28 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
I'm loving our draft. Especially drafting "The Black Mamba" I think he'll be what Dex was supposed to be, except with much more game breaking speed. The one large concern is the lack of Wide Receiver. Are we really banking on Jenkins and Hemmingway developing and starting?
I think it's a case of not being able to do everything. The team let the players come to them. Ford was apparently taken just in time. Gaines and Turner are both value picks that happen to cover roster holes. None of the WR happened to be at or near the top of the board.

WR is not a critical problem. There are 3 WR in the FA group, plus more signings are possible. H'A T will be a receiver as is JC. Getting Kelce back at TE could make an impact. More than anything we need Bowe to be a front line WR.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 05-12-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I think it's a case of not being able to do everything. The team let the players come to them. Ford was apparently taken just in time. Gaines and Turner are both value picks that happen to cover roster holes. None of the WR happened to be at or near the top of the board.

WR is not a critical problem. There are 3 WR in the FA group, plus more signings are possible. H'A T will be a receiver as is JC. Getting Kelce back at TE could make an impact. More than anything we need Bowe to be a front line WR.

J
I was thinking about that too. I'm just surprised with all the talk about how Deep the WR class was we didn't grab even one of them. I do like how they seem to got the BPA at there spot, I can't decide who my favorite is between Ford, DAT and Murray.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC is not allowed to have two productive wide receivers.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
WR is not a critical problem.
I laughed.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They all ready signed 6th round pick Zach Fulton.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...e-21cacad3baa0
Old 05-14-2014, 06:04 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now they have signed both 6th round picks.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...e-5a37a738faf6
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See KC signed J'Marcus Webb for 1 year. Could be a decent back up as the swing tackle. Decent signing.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Dee Ford podcast
http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...=373&f=2833853

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 05-24-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

All their draft picks have signed.