Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-09-2014, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hyde has some nice vision and cutbacks for a big back. If he can develop his blitz recognition anywhere close to Gore's, then we may finally have that back we need to keep chugging along. Not putting all our hopes on Lattimore's surgically repaired body is a wise thing.

Not too concerned about Borland being labelled a bad fit. There were a lot of doubters when Bowman was picked and that turned out well.

At least one backup interior lineman had to be taken this year with a first year center slated to start and a pro-bowl guard likely departing next spring. (Also, Boone has outplayed his contract and will warrant a pay raise)

I wish we could have gotten another corner that could compete sooner rather than later. Culliver is still on the waiting list for that brain transplant and the other bigger corners haven't distinguished themselves in our colours.

A receiver that could use more of CK's arm would have been nice. Lacking that really lets teams tee off on our running game without a lot of fear of getting torched.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im probably the happiest 49er fan here. :D
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

some good corners are left
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK people I've calmed down little to enjoy our class just not stoked about it either. We won't even know how the players will even turn out because we can use them day one well except for Ward n Hyde at most.

I know u all are stoked about Johnson but what happens if does that crap where he doesn't work like he's admitted ? Then its a waist. I hope I am wrong and he works out to be a good wide out for us. I was jealous of his speed for buffalo so hopefully he can reform his game for out team and step in right away.

On a finaly not there are some solid CB and wide outs left which I hope we get one and I'll be happy and live with it. I'll even take a back QB here in the 4th because I'm in no way sold on freaking Gabbert..

Enjoy the last day guys! I'll be out fishing on the lake later..
Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys i like us to add today:

Larry Webster, Pierre Desir, Keith McGill, Martavis Bryant, Aaron Colvin, Bruce Ellington, Jeff Janis, Jordan Tripp.

Also wouldn't mind Logan Thomas, Brett Smith or Aaron Murray.

Last edited by Justone2 : 05-10-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ward pick grew on me but I was stoked with what Baalke did yesterday. LOVE the Stevie Johnson trade and that Baalke worked the draft to get compensation to offset the pick he gave up for Stevie. I can't wait to see Kap get to throw to a group of Crab/Boldin/Johnson/VD. I also loved that the 9ers reinforced the strength of their scheme by grabbing Hyde, Martin, and Thomas. Got arguably the top of each position and have insurance in case Iupati walks.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we just got Ellington with our first 4th round pick. Very nice pick.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Well we just got Ellington with our first 4th round pick. Very nice pick.
Seriously, what a ******* home run.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Seriously, what a ******* home run.
And we finally get a big CB in Dontae Johnson I hear its a good pick . Don't know much about him but he's 6'2 I hope he works out great becomes a good 2nd CB guy.

Im still shocked why the FLorida CB guys are falling so much .
Old 05-10-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we can get stinson and webster in the 5th, ill be even more hyped. stevie will be a stud in our offense. love baalke!!!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
if we can get stinson and webster in the 5th, ill be even more hyped. stevie will be a stud in our offense. love baalke!!!
It will be a good 5th round. Hoping for a QB if not its still a good draft overall. I was a bit mad at first but liking our draft now . I mean we are drafting for the future after all. Plus Lattimore can't do it all ( even tho I m sure he'd like too ) need 2 back s an gore can't last for ever.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

damn there goes webster
Old 05-10-2014, 12:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
It will be a good 5th round. Hoping for a QB if not its still a good draft overall. I was a bit mad at first but liking our draft now . I mean we are drafting for the future after all. Plus Lattimore can't do it all ( even tho I m sure he'd like too ) need 2 back s an gore can't last for ever.
wouldnt even bother with qb. no point. really wish baalke would use the 6th and two 7ths to move up in the 5th or trade them for future picks.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done. Aaron Lynch just put the nail in the coffin. This draft has just been BAALKED!!!

**drops the mic**
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:02 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm done. Aaron Lynch just put the nail in the coffin. This draft has just been BAALKED!!!

**drops the mic**
Haha, love this
Old 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
wouldnt even bother with qb. no point. really wish baalke would use the 6th and two 7ths to move up in the 5th or trade them for future picks.
I agree now I wouldn't bother qb I was just hoping. Been a good draft. Getting solid players each round. We're loaded on cb s now
Old 05-11-2014, 12:06 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Told you guys all offseason.
I believe you're referring to drafting a RB. You were definitely right about that.

I did think we would draft a RB, but later on in the draft. Figured we would address other needs first.

Overall, I really like our draft. Set ourselves up nicely for now and for the future, and have some good replacements for players on expiring contracts.

I just wish we had taken a QB at some point in the draft to mould for the future and possibly overtake Gabbert. Fales, Murray, or Mettenberger would have been nice...

Also, we got Shane Skov as a UDFA. Love that pickup!!
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:09 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't say enough how much I love this draft. It wasn't a 'sexy draft' to most fans because a lot of the names they heard about for months were not called. It was a 'meat and potatoes' draft.

We have a lot of tough decisions coming up. Iupati, Crabs, Aldon among others. Boone will be a UFA in a year Hunter and Cully are in the final year of their deals. Could be alot of turnover here in a few years. Baalke is such a pro-active GM, not a reactionary GM. He makes move from a long-term perspective and address potential holes on the roster early.

Martin and Thomas were not only excellent value, they address potential needs two years early, so that if Boone isn't re-signed or Iupati walks, we have thess guy here, already not only providing competiton for guys like Kilgore and Looney, but already in the fold so they can transition into more prominet roles. We added a Pro Bowl WR in Stevie Johnson but we still go draft a guy like Ellington, who's skill-set is vastly different but very needed. He also is a mirror image of a guy like ODB, who most wanted us to trade up and sacrifice draft picks to acquire. Just excellent drafting in my opinion.

Even though I wasn't found of taking a RB in the second, I defintely approve the RB he chose. Hyde is a big, physical back with cut-back vision. He will churn out tough yards and get the yards after contact we been lacking lately. But the one area of his game that gets severely overlooked is his ability as a pass-catcher out of the backfield. Really like his fit for this offense. He and Lattimore as a 1-2 punch has the potential to be a nightmare for any defense we face. And a kid like Borland, though not a position of need, is such a great pick because he's such a baller. Reminds me so much of London Fletcher..and he's depth for us.

And then they are the sleepers, the guys that have potential to be really good players and draft steals IMO. Lynch and Ramsey fit that criteria. Lynch has first round talent. And his character issues are not of the leagl kind, more of a kid just not making wise decisions and not living up to his potential. But if he gets his act together, he could be scary good. As a ACC guy, I saw just enough of Ramsey to know that if he is ever truly is100% healthy that he could be scary good. He jumped off the screen when he was healthy. Strong, powerful, great intial burst off the line and athletic ability. He has it all.

All the DBs have great upsides. Johnson was recruited by JH so there's obviously some familiarity there. A lot of ppl wanted Desir, but Johnson tested better in every category outside the broad jump, at the Combine so the kid has some raw athletic ability to draw from. And Reaser could be a gem with speed and agiilty. But to end it with a guy like Millard, who we will not only be able to stash for a year on IR, but could be the swiss army knife type to replace what Delaine Walker gave us was just Baalke being Baalke yet again.

Its the type of draft ppl will look back to 3 years from now and truly understand and appreciate it. Not jumping the gun because all these guys could flop...this isn't a excat science. But just that I understood the picks and the philosophy. I always come impressed with the value Baalke gets on draft day. When everyone is screaming for him to shoot for the moon and trade up for guys they obviously were not very high on, he stuck to his guns and his draft board and I think people will be pleasantly surprsied by how much talent we have acquired. Baalke makes it so easy to be a Niner fan on draft day, I just love it...no worries.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-12-2014 at 07:15 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like our draft just think some things don't really make much sense to me. Chris Borland while a great player just doesn't seem that big of a need to justify taking him where we did. Especially now we have signed Skov who i really like and really think has a shot at competing with Borland and Wilhoite to start next to Willis.

For the rest some nice redshirt type guys in Milliard, Thomas and Reaser. Overal not the sexy draft but it is typical Baalke and all picks(outside Borland in my eyes) make sense. Developmental guys at corner and D-line, a little more ready guys at O-line and Hyde and Ward that can bring us something from day one. And while i was against drafting a RB in the second Hyde was the only guy i can see being BPA at that point. He just is the RB that's made for our system.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
I like our draft just think some things don't really make much sense to me. Chris Borland while a great player just doesn't seem that big of a need to justify taking him where we did. Especially now we have signed Skov who i really like and really think has a shot at competing with Borland and Wilhoite to start next to Willis.
Borland seems like someone they want to be a ST ace and a back-up. I don't know why they took him that high for that, but maybe they aren't sold on Moody as a back-up either.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a friend who is a Wisconsin / Green Bay Packers fan, living in Wisconsin. He blew up my phone when we got Borland, noting: "Wow, congrats on drafting Chris Borland! He is a great player and a stand up guy in the community. We love him in Wisconsin." Apparently Borland is a fixture in the community known for going amazingly above the call for service, a stand up guy who is a leader and works as hard as anybody.

I've heard the Zach Thomas comparisons already for Borland, which is pretty high praise. The guy is not a physical freak and considered slightly under-sized, but he has the football IQ and passion for the game that you can't coach. With the Niners rolling the dice on current players and taking on some draftees that have had off the field issues, you need a few of these top notch character guys to balance things out in the locker room, making sure there are leaders of the team for years to come. I think he has a great chance to be a superb fill-in for Bowman opposite of Willis. Borland doesn't need to be a star; he just has to be a smart player that can tackle well; his two biggest strengths.

While I like that the team is gambling on finding the upside of some of these height-weight-speed guys that have had some concerns, adding Borland shows that character and leadership are still important priorities to add to the team.

I don't think that they could have planned for adding Skov as an UFA (which I love) so we'll see what happens, but I feel great about them adding a guy like Borland to the team, though he isn't even close to my favorite pick in the Draft. That's how much Baalke owned it.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 05-12-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys' opinions of Dontae Johnson? He's seen as a boom/bust type that has some amazing play-making ability tape and other tape that has him looking more lost than Taylor Mays in coverage. He has the highest bust potential of all the picks IMO but I still love the pick where they got him because of his measurables and the Niners fit/plan/ability to coach him up.

I think it further shows that they are definitely going to tweak the D to play more press coverage this year.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 05-12-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Final tally of Alex Smith deal: Five players for 49ers http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...all-for-49ers/

#Baalked