Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 14: Seahawks at 49ers

This is it. Showdown. Seattle comes to town in a put up or shut up fight against their division rival 49ers who are looking for some sweet revenge after the last two straight ass kickings away from Candlestick Park. Sigh. Alas, it's time to move forward. All is not lost and the playoffs are around the corner. No time for moping.

So umm, after this in 2012:

And this in 2013:

It's getting pretty frustrating. Especially now that Seattle has all but clinched the division and looking like they're going to the Super Bowl at this point. We can't let Seattle seal up the NFC West crown on our home turf.

Kaepernick-king needs to show up like he has the last two weeks. Starts there.

The run game needs to get back on track with Gore.

This was a pleasant surprise. He'sssssssss baaaacccckkkkk.

But of course there is Greg Roman who has an act that is starting to get stale.

HA-HA...

Blah. Reminds me of a rich man's Jimmy Raye. For just this one game can you look like the wizard you used to in 2011? Start running slants or screens. Run out of spread formations and not just bunch 22 personnel all the time!

Well from stale, to Staley it looks like he's going to play after all. **** an MCL sprain. Honey badger don't care.

I ain't even worried about these guys. Defense gonna defense.

But I am concerned about this jackass. The guy has shredded the 49ers on the ground the last four times. Our D is too good to be letting that continue.

And this guy has played real well. I hope we can slow him do-

What the?

Where did...

Oh ****. My bad man. Almost didn't see you there. Hope you ain't mad.

Nahh...you ain't mad. But yeah, he's playing out of his mind. If we can stop the bleeding we should be in good position to win the ball game.

The stakes are high for this game. If we lose we're going to be fighting tooth and nail the rest of the season just to hang on to that sixth seed. That and Seattle will be walking out of Candlestick Park NFC West Champions. Seattle doesn't even need this game. We do. Of course Sherman and the rest of his goons would love to trounce Harbs in his own stadium. Not much else to say. We win and we'll shut some people da **** up. We lose, and I'll be pissed. I expect a win though. 20-3 SF.

**** Seattle.

GO NINERS. You ain't in Seattle anymore.

Meanwhile...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 12-07-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to curbstomp these assholes.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last day game for Candlestick.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....ugly win, but I'll take it. Defense played great and Frank Gore overcame the horrible offensive line in the run department to save the day. Roman was still a moron, and Kaepernick still missed some easy throws especially in the flat. I don't know how we're going to do the rest of the season, and I'd be surprised if we made it past the divisional round, but we live to fight another day at least. A loss would have been horrible. Especially since the Seahawks could have clinched the division.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, solid win but still annoyed with the lack of consistency on both sides of the ball. Willis having a total brain fart in coverage and leaving Wilson uncovered for a TD pass is the type of plays this defense shouldn't be giving up. And Roman insisting on running the zone read against that bear front just irks the hell out of me. You can't run that crap against every defense and theirs is one of them. And Fangio calling those ridiculously predictable blitzes against a guy with Wilson's escapability was just dumb. Just left easy pitch and catch opportunities underneath. Happy with the win but we still have alot of work to do. And we're still settling for too many FGs inside the red-zone. Its been a problem since JH has been the coach...red-zone offense.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Yea, solid win but still annoyed with the lack of consistency on both sides of the ball. Willis having a total brain fart in coverage and leaving Wilson uncovered for a TD pass is the type of plays this defense shouldn't be giving up. And Roman insisting on running the zone read against that bear front just irks the hell out of me. You can't run that crap against every defense and theirs is one of them. And Fangio calling those ridiculously predictable blitzes against a guy with Wilson's escapability was just dumb. Just left easy pitch and catch opportunities underneath. Happy with the win but we still have alot of work to do. And we're still settling for too many FGs inside the red-zone. Its been a problem since JH has been the coach...red-zone offense.
The announcers said we have the 6th best red-zone offense in terms of TD %. That floored me, didn't think it would be true....missed too many opportunities today though. That kaep INT sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, on a general note, i am annoyed at the lack of impact from our 2nd rounders. Carradine can't get on the field and McDonald has produced less than his 5th round teammate Luke Willson.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

God I hope Roman is gone in the offseason.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Also, on a general note, i am annoyed at the lack of impact from our 2nd rounders. Carradine can't get on the field and McDonald has produced less than his 5th round teammate Luke Willson.
Again, Tank miss the entire off-season...OTAs, mini-camp, TC, and pre-season. He was college rush 4-3 DE and is making the transition to a 5-Tech at the pro-level. That's a big transition. Not only does he have to bulk up but he has to be technically sounnd to play the way Tomsula and Fangio needs him to. Its going to take time. I said this when he was drafted, his best bet to see time was as a DE in the nickel intially. But Skuta and Lemonier have been so good as back-ups on the edge, he just hasn't been needed. Tank will be fine.

McDonald cant throw the ball to himself. He's been open underneath all year but CK just does not check down enough. Wilson benefits from a QB who routinely checks down and utilizes his secondary options. CK, not so much.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-08-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy we won. Was happy with the drive at the end and Gore showed once again why he should be able to play out his contract or get extended ala Justin Smith.

While its a huge long shot, hopefully this loss makes the Seahawks go on a four game losing streak and we can win out and win the division in the process.

As for Roman (and/or Fangio), I dont see either going anywhere if we make the playoffs.

Either way, im happy we beat SEA. On to Tampa Bay. :)
Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Happy we won. Was happy with the drive at the end and Gore showed once again why he should be able to play out his contract or get extended ala Justin Smith.

While its a huge long shot, hopefully this loss makes the Seahawks go on a four game losing streak and we can win out and win the division in the process.

As for Roman (and/or Fangio), I dont see either going anywhere if we make the playoffs.

Either way, im happy we beat SEA. On to Tampa Bay. :)
Roman can't get a head coaching job if we make the playoffs?

Quote:
Old 12-08-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Roman can't get a head coaching job if we make the playoffs?
I would be shocked if he was to be offered a HC job. He didnt get any interviews last season when we went to the Super Bowl so why would teams all of a sudden be more interested in him now?

Where would he go? I can see the Texans, Redskins, Cowboys (if they dont win the NFC East) and Vikings needing a new HC. I can see him being hired by the Redskins because of RGIII and him being similar to Kaepernick but two of the other teams dont have a QB and the Cowboys will never win until Jerry Jones stays out of the way which isnt going to happen until he passes away.

Honestly, I would love for him to be gone but dont see it happening.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:41 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
McDonald cant throw the ball to himself. He's been open underneath all year but CK just does not check down enough.
It floored me when a few sites started posting all-22 in regards to Kaep, and Vance McDonald was wide open in damn near every single picture any of the sites put up.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I'm scared that Colin is never going to get that problem fixed. Dude never even looks for receivers underneath.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear Gore was open a lot of times today and CK never checked down to him instead he tries to run for a first and only gains like 5 yards. In the third quarter it happen at least 3 times. Yes the runs are nice but I thnk checking down to Gore would have been a bigger gain.

Great win today for sure! However , I wish we would have gottan 7 instead of 3 at the end just to fnish off the drive,however, we still did getting 3 and had great coverage on the kick off and had great prevent defense at the end ..

I'm glade they are getting away from the read option but it's still there just not as much. kaep really needs to work on his check down downs. Too much looking down field for the big play good but not need against Seattle I dunno.

Great running game this go around. Need more of down that down the stretch.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:38 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I will say this. It says a lot about the quality of this team and its players that we can beat elite teams without playing our best ball. If we can ever get our **** together on both sides of the ball, look out.

And CK looks sooo much more confortable having Crabs back. He makes defenses declare coverages more readily and it allows CK to be more decisive with his reads. I noticed he wasn't locking onto his first read either, he was actually going thru progressions. I think its because he's confident that either one of the three(Boldin, Crabs, and VD) will be able to come open on any given play. Still has a lot of work to do in seeing the entire field but he looks a lot more confident in his reads now.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Roman not being creative enough on offense is still going to be a problem though. It's like he doesn't know how to make adjustments to the personnel we have. I don't know why. Run some slants. Throw to the backs. Utilize guys like James in the passing game. What good is talent if you don't use it? I don't understand.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

And this definitely can't happen. Kaep can't be missing these throws.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The sloppy hoppy often too deep dropbacks, footwork makes throwing harder.

Arm is strong enough so doesn't feel like he needs the good form but that proper setup leads to consistent accuracy.

With these heavy sets Sea knows what's up. They are ready for our lame passing attack. Gore or Miller are not threats in the open field.

Timing and accuracy needs to be on point.

And the fastballs to our backfield guys need to be right in the chest. They don't have great wingspan or flexibility. That is the tradeoff in being built up with muscle.

And Crabs did an illegal pick when it wasn't needed.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely nice to get a win against the Seachickens; a win they deserved as in watching the game, they were the better team. Not dominant by any means, but the better team on Sunday. If they hadn't traded FGs for TDs early, they could have had a chance to run away with it. Having Crabs back made a difference and you could see it, both in the coverage on Boldin/VD as well as him giving them some attitude and jawing back.

I was in a sports bar with a lot of their fans around me and they all read bandwagon in how they acted and cheered. I was so glad that they all easily shut up and went home at the first sign that they were going to take the L. One guy on the way out said to my friend and I, 'That was your guys' Super Bowl.' I quickly replied, 'What do the Seachickens know anything about when it comes to the Super Bowl?! I can think of 5 great reasons why the NINERS do. Leave the Super Bowls to us!" No response... LMAO.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Closed Thread