Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants fans don't know how to put into prospective..PROGRESSION. Alex Smith showed alot of progression, JP Losman progression, Eli Manning with thoseweapons has shown very little progression. Alex Smith was drafted with the fact that he wasgoing to be a 2-4 years project before he hits his stides as a capable NFL starter. Same goes with JP.

Brodie Croyle will either be terrible or awesome. Not much of a project guy, but Huard will be mediocre or good not terrible. So Chiefs looking OK yet unstable.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
the point of the thread was to say how u think they will do...so y tell me to wait to judge him...i watched him play for 4 years in college and he never once impressed me...ronnie brown and caddilac carried him...the coaches didnt even have faith in him to let him throw downfield alot...i watched plenty of games where he would go an entire half and not throw a pass over 15 yards...i never thought he was good then so i obviously dont think he will be good in the nfl so until he changes my mind by actually do somethin ill stick with my initial breakdown of him

jason campbell will never be good
Your a joke if you thnk Campbell will never be good after one season. Check these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bd7BoF5zbY, Campbell goes long many times so I have no idea what your talkin about...
Old 06-01-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Campbell will be a very capable starter come 08.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Philip Rivers - with norv turner taking over as his HC, if nothing else, he has an AMAZING QB coach. i expect him to continue to improve and it wouldnt surprise me to see him playing at a top five QB level.
Oh yeah, just check out Kerry Collins...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Your a joke if you thnk Campbell will never be good after one season. Check these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bd7BoF5zbY, Campbell goes long many times so I have no idea what your talkin about...
wtf? thats 1 half of the best game he played in his life probley...like i said i watched him play for 4 years...post all the highlight tapes u can find...what does that show? nuthin...he played for 4 years of course he is gonna have highlights...that in no way shows he is gonna be good in the nfl
Old 06-01-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
wtf? thats 1 half of the best game he played in his life probley...like i said i watched him play for 4 years...post all the highlight tapes u can find...what does that show? nuthin...he played for 4 years of course he is gonna have highlights...that in no way shows he is gonna be good in the nfl
Never said he was gonna be good in the NFL, but I think he will. I said that he went long multiple times in that vid, so whatever ur analysis about him not going long is dead wrong. Also, I stated you can't say he's not gonna be good after one year. A crap load of QB's sucked in their first playing year, but lit it up after that.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Never said he was gonna be good in the NFL, but I think he will. I said that he went long multiple times in that vid, so whatever ur analysis about him not going long is dead wrong. Also, I stated you can't say he's not gonna be good after one year. A crap load of QB's sucked in their first playing year, but lit it up after that.
did u watch him play in college or did u just watch that video? u cant post half of a game as proof that he didnt throw long while he was in college...and u keep referring to him having only played 1 year in the nfl and i cant base an opinion off that...well u go back and read all my post and show even 1 time were i said anything at all about what he has done in the nfl...i didnt ill just go ahead and tell u....i didnt base anything i said off what he did last year so i dont kno where u got that from...and just for kicks lets say i had based my opinion off 1 year...the thread topic asked about 2nd year qbs so why get mad when u someone uses there 1st year to help make an opinion...not that i did that im just sayin
Old 06-01-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers - He has a good head on his shoulders and as good a supporting cast as anyone in the league. I didn't think that Norv Turner was a particularly good hire, but he sure isn't known for hurting young quarterbacks. I expect much the same of what we got last year, with maybe a minor statistical falloff.

Vince Young - He's going to do exactly what he did last year, only with less wins. His passing is going to be erratic again and he going to show flashes of brilliance both with his arm and his legs. He is going to have a tremendously rough season though.

Jay Cutler - Will make the fans forget Jake Plummer if he hasn't already done that. Has the tools, will use them, and will likely end up with more highlight plays that consistent top notch performance.

Tony Romo - I don't really know what to expect from that offense in general, much less from Romo. I really don't think he is as good as he led some to believe last year, but, by the same token, I don't think I can say he didn't look like an NFL starter last year. He still has Owens and should have an average rushing attack.

Matt Leinart - I'm not sure I really see what the Cardinals did to improve their line this year, much like last year. Levi Brown is still a bit raw, and even he doesn't add much to the run blocking department. Leinart had a pretty mediocre year while dumping the ball off the Edge 30+ times a game, and if Edge can't handle that workload again, Leinart is going to have some problems. He'll have his moments, but he'll struggle often.

Tarvaris Jackson - I think he'll make enough plays to stay in the good graces of fans, considering his teams piss poor situation. Won't have the numbers, obviously, but I think he'll make some fans reasonably happy they went with Peterson over Quinn.

Jason Campbell - I'm fairly confident the Redskins won't make that jump this year, but Campbell will be impressive. He has all the tools and made pretty good decisions late last season. They have enough on offense for his numbers to be decent.

Matt Schaub - If this kid is destined to be the next Favre, I don't think we'll know it by the end of the 2007 season. His offensive line remains a major concern, his rushing attack hinges on the health of Ahman Green, and he lacks a real receiving option past Andre Johnson. He is going to struggle, no doubt in my mind.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Giants fans don't know how to put into prospective..PROGRESSION. Alex Smith showed alot of progression, JP Losman progression, Eli Manning with thoseweapons has shown very little progression. Alex Smith was drafted with the fact that he wasgoing to be a 2-4 years project before he hits his stides as a capable NFL starter. Same goes with JP.

Brodie Croyle will either be terrible or awesome. Not much of a project guy, but Huard will be mediocre or good not terrible. So Chiefs looking OK yet unstable.
yea well my grandma could do better then 1 TD, 11 INTs....

Idk where your getting these "weapons" eli supposedly had last year... he had Plaxico Burress and an injured Shockey to go with a terrible defense.

JP Losman had Lee Evans (who's better then Plax), Eric Moulds (similar player to Amani toomer) which isnt exactly bad receivers.

You guys just dont know anything about the Buffalo Bills at all cause ESPN doesnt mention them.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Jay Cutler - I feel he will have the top season of all sophomore quarterbacks. I think he's gonna light it up stat wise and win wise. I think he will show everyone that he is the top quarterback from the 2006 class, slightly ahead of VY.

Vince Young - I think he will have another great season, despite not getting much help through the draft and free agency. He will do alot of the same things he did last year, and will improve his passing. I think he will be a pro bowl caliber player along with Jay.

Matt Leinart - I see a good year for Matt, just not as impressive as Cutler and Vince. Alot of his success depends on Edgerrin James and the pass blocking of the offensive line. Again, solid year, but not spectacular. I think he'll put himself in the top 15 quarterbacks in the league.

Tarvaris Jackson - I think Jackson will show that he is not a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL. Although there is talent at receiver, there is also alot of youth and uncertainty at that spot. I think it could hurt. I just see alot of struggles for him, and I think he will show that he was overdrafted. He could be replaced by the middle of the year and I think the Vikes will be looking for a new quarterback in 2008.

Jason Campbell - I feel that Campbell will be serviceable, but not as good as Redskin fans may be hoping for. I think we will look back, and his touchdown total and interception total will be very close. At the end of the year, I think the Skins quarterback situation will be similar to the Rex Grossman situation in Chicago. Like Grossman, I think Campbell will show flashes, but will make a decent amount of mistakes as well, and this will make the fans and front office wonder about his future.

Philip Rivers - I think Rivers' 2007 season will be much like his 2006 season, and that's not bad, because he led his team to a great record, and I think he put himself as a top 10 QB.

Just my opinion.
My thoughts exactly. +Rep.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

Idk where your getting these "weapons" eli supposedly had last year... he had Plaxico Burress and an injured Shockey to go with a terrible defense.

JP Losman had Lee Evans (who's better then Plax), Eric Moulds (similar player to Amani toomer) which isnt exactly bad receivers.

You guys just dont know anything about the Buffalo Bills at all cause ESPN doesnt mention them.
He had no weapons and no line his first year. Granted, it was a terrible season but I highly doubt any rookie quarterback could be better with what he had.

Tiki Barber? Ever heard of him?

Evans is better than Plax but he doesn't have the line and Moulds left last season.

That last sentence is completely moronic. ESPN has no impact on what we know about the Bills. We can look up the numbers whenever we want.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Okay first off Eric Moulds went to Texas last season so... Then Lee Evans is about on par with Plax, but they're two totally different recievers. Plax is a big posession reciever while Evans is a small, speedy, home-run threat.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post

Tiki Barber? Ever heard of him?
Tiki Barber didnt really help the passing game nearly as much as you would think.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tiki Barber didnt really help the passing game nearly as much as you would think.
Do you have any concept of football? By having Barber out there, defenses would go to run stopping formations and then by having Manning play action Barber that would leave a receiver in worse coverage. Not only that but he had at least 52 receptions all of Eli Manning's years.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Didn't he have like 60% of your total offense?

Yeah... he didn't help -.-
Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obviously GRF missed the Sportscenter that explained that Mould signed w/ the Texans last year... No Weapons? Plax, Shockey, Barber, Toomer through week 9... Seems like he had some weapons to me. By the way your Me-Mah would get nuts to butt raped in the NFL and would not get 1 TD in the nfl.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...Everyone forgets about Charlie Frye...
Old 06-01-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
obviously GRF missed the Sportscenter that explained that Mould signed w/ the Texans last year... No Weapons? Plax, Shockey, Barber, Toomer through week 9... Seems like he had some weapons to me. By the way your Me-Mah would get nuts to butt raped in the NFL and would not get 1 TD in the nfl.

Yea and he also had a top 10 highest QB rating through week 9.....

And as for Tiki, teams didnt play to stop the run. we never went up against 8 in the box because teams respected the passing game too much
Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Matt Leinart - I'm not sure I really see what the Cardinals did to improve their line this year, much like last year. Levi Brown is still a bit raw, and even he doesn't add much to the run blocking department. Leinart had a pretty mediocre year while dumping the ball off the Edge 30+ times a game, and if Edge can't handle that workload again, Leinart is going to have some problems. He'll have his moments, but he'll struggle often.
With the addition of Russ Grimm their Oline could be much improved.They have some talent on their Oline such as Levi Brown and Lutui.Id have to say their Oline should be much improved from last year.Not to mention Leinart has Boldin, Fitzgerald,Edge,Pope and Patrick.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really like Jason Campbell, I believe the Redskins with Campbell starting will surprise a few people this season. He didnít get a lot of attention last season due to Young, Cutler and Leinart but Campbell played well. I think he could become a very good starter in this league for a long time.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler will throw around 50 touchdowns. a game

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Cutler will throw around 50 touchdowns. a game
Only 50? Down year?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Oh yeah, just check out Kerry Collins...
Yup. Kerry Collins is a spring chicken alright.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this Brett Favre's first or second year?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Tony Romo - garbage. i honestly believe he is going to flop and take the cowboys down with him. he has a good supporting cast but i just dont think he is very good. teams have had all off-season to look over tape of him and i expect defenses to tear him apart.
garbage QB's don't put up the numbers he put up last year. and did you actually watch any cowboy games last year?
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote