Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default Sporting News : Top NFC Corners

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=216164

Quote:
1. 49ers
Nate Clements will be the team's first shutdown corner since the mid-1990s. Walt Harris is a tough ball hawk with solid coverage skills. Nickel back Shawntae Spencer would start for many teams.

2. Cowboys
Coaches want Terence Newman to take the final step toward stardom. Anthony Henry (6-1, 208) is big with good ball skills. Nickel back Aaron Glenn is solid but struggles on deep balls.

3. Eagles
Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown complement each other. Sheppard is a gambling playmaker; Brown is a solid cover corner and a punishing tackler. William James replaces Rod Hood at nickel back.

4. Packers
Al Harris is great in bump-and-run coverage. Charles Woodson isn't that fast anymore but has great ball skills. In an unproven pool of backups, Will Blackmon has the most talent.

5. Buccaneers
Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly are Pro Bowl-caliber starters. After that there's a big drop-off to Phillip Buchanon and Sammy Davis.

6. Bears
Coming off his finest season, Charles Tillman (6-1, 196) has the size to shut down big receivers. Nathan Vasher is a ball hawk on the right side. Ricky Manning is comfortable in the nickel role.

7. Vikings
Antoine Winfield and Cedric Griffin are physical, but Winfield's status is in question after he skipped most offseason activities. Dovonte Edwards and rookie Marcus McCauley will compete for the nickel spot.

8. Panthers
Ken Lucas has the skills to be top-notch in coverage but must make tackles consistently. Though Chris Gamble makes big plays, he gets beat too often on deep passes. Richard Marshall could challenge for a starting spot.

9. Falcons
Lewis Sanders and rookie Chris Houston are two adequate options to start opposite Pro Bowl corner DeAngelo Hall. Sanders has been a starter, and Houston locked down top college receivers last season.

10. Redskins
Shawn Springs is an elite corner when he's healthy and happy. Carlos Rogers can be a solid starter but must bounce back from a sub-par second season. Nickel back Fred Smoot is back after two seasons with the Vikings.

11. Seahawks.
Marcus Trufant could emerge with better safety help. Kelly Jennings is talented but unproven. Rookie Josh Wilson is more explosive than Jennings and could push for a starting job.

12. Saints.
Mike McKenzie, Fred Thomas and Jason Craft gave up too many deep passes and didn't make enough big plays in 2006.

13. Rams
Tye Hill must improve his tackling. Fakhir Brown has experience and good cover skills. Nickel back Ron Bartell showed big-play ability late last season.

14. Cardinals.
Key for this group is the development of Antrel Rolle and Eric Green, who were inconsistent in their first two seasons. Rod Hood will compete with Green for a starting job.

15. Giants
Sam Madison has lost a step, and Corey Webster struggled in his first two seasons. Nickel back R.W. McQuarters is a playmaker but doesn't have Webster's speed or Madison's instincts.

16. Lions
Coaches aren't sure who will start, which doesn't bode well. Among the candidates -- Fernando Bryant, Stanley Wilson and Travis Fisher -- none has blazing speed, but each supports the run well.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL

Panthers have the best trio of corners in the NFC. Oh and Gamble gave up 2 passing touchdowns in 2005 and 3 last year, while injured, thats not too many.

Richard Marshall out played any rookie cornerback last year and Gamble would be a number one on a lot of teams in the league. Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble are both top 20 twenty at least and Marshall is a stud.

Last edited by BlindSite : 06-02-2007 at 01:44 AM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Bailey, Bly and Foxworth over the Panthers any day.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

like the 49ers rankings in that
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure the Lions are the worst in the NFC, but at least get all of the criticism right. Stanley Wilson is a very fast man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Maybe for this year but Lucas, Gamble, and Marshall are a heck of alot younger than Bailey, Bly, and Foxworth and probably make half the money the Broncos corners make. The Panthers trio will still be playing in 5 years while Bly and Bailey will be well into their 30's.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Foxworth is weak, soft and sloppy.

Marshall>Foxworth
Gamble = Bly
Champ > Lucas

IMO edge goes to Denver, but not by a great margin.

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Not much went right for Ken Lucas last season.
The cornerback had trouble tackling because of an injured shoulder, and things got so bad that he was briefly taken out of the Carolina Panthers' starting lineup.

But what bothers him the most is that some questioned his toughness.

"I even had teammates question if I had quit on the team," Lucas said Thursday. "That's just crazy for someone to suggest that. I love this game, and I would do this for free if I had to."

Lucas wouldn't identify the players, but said the criticism hurt.

"I would never fake an injury just because things are not going my way," he said.

After undergoing surgery in January, Lucas has returned to the field this week for the Panthers' coaching sessions, prepared to prove his critics -- and perhaps his teammates -- wrong.

"I'm not one of those guys who will try to make an excuse for why I'm not playing well," Lucas said. "The coaches knew I had shoulder and neck issues. But I never came to the media and said I had neck problems.

"Unfortunately, it did affect my game from the mental aspect. There were a lot of times I knew I had to make a tackle, but my mind was telling me I didn't want to, because I knew it was going to hurt like hell to make this tackle. But we tried to fix that this offseason and hopefully it'll be much better this year."

While Lucas is back, a teammate was missing for a second straight day. Defensive tackle Kris Jenkins has been a no-show for the optional workouts. His agent said it has nothing to do with the fact he was on the trading block before the draft, or that he wants a new contract, but he's still the only regular not participating.

Defensive end Mike Rucker and tackle Travelle Wharton are on hand, even though they're still recovering from knee injuries. And Lucas, after sitting out minicamp a month ago, has worked his way back to the field.

"When you're coming off an 8-8 season, obviously our team was disappointed about that," coach John Fox said. "It kind of brings you back with new resolve."

Lucas said last year's struggles motivated him to test the shoulder this week.

"I kind of fell on it today and felt a little pain in it, but I'm comfortable enough to go out here and practice," Lucas said. "I feel like we have a great opportunity to have a good team out here this year, and I'm just trying to be a part of it."

Lucas said he first injured the shoulder in 2005, his first year with Carolina after leaving Seattle to sign a six-year, $36 million free-agent deal. Lucas had six interceptions in 2005 and narrowly missed making the Pro Bowl.

But Lucas had only three picks last year and struggled to bring receivers to the turf. Lucas also had to battle through groin and hamstring injuries last year, which he said were due in part by favoring his shoulder.

Lucas expects to keep his starting spot this year, opposite either incumbent Chris Gamble or Richard Marshall.

"For people to be saying I've lost it as far as tackling ate at me a whole lot," Lucas said. "I wanted to fix it. So my motivation is to prove everybody wrong this year."

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
LOL

Panthers have the best trio of corners in the NFC. Oh and Gamble gave up 2 passing touchdowns in 2005 and 3 last year, while injured, thats not too many.

Richard Marshall out played any rookie cornerback last year and Gamble would be a number one on a lot of teams in the league. Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble are both top 20 twenty at least and Marshall is a stud.
yes but Tim Lewis is yuor secondary coach...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit. NEvermind

Last edited by Paul : 06-02-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
LOL

Is there anything the Panthers aren't the best in?

Ive yet to hear you say something negative about your own team. They seem to be the best in everything, dline/lb core/secondary/wr duo/rb duo. I mean come on now, if they were THAT good, they wouldn't be so inconsistent.

Carolina is the most overrated team in the NFL and has been for a couple of years now.

Don't get me wrong, I think they have a solid team, and solid defense, but theyre not the best in the NFL or NFC for that matter in any particular area of their team. Theyre just not.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Falcons are about right, until Houston proves something, it's hard to argue for us to be any higher. Obviously Deangelo puts us near the top, but Sanders, Houston, and Irons...well...there's not much to go on there.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th for Green Bay is good to see

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, basically iloxy is right. Until somebody across from Hall actually proves something, which I think Houston will do in a couple years, we should be about hear. Other than Milloy, we have a really young secondary with so much potential right now. If Jimmy Williams and Chris Houston play to their ability, in a couple years we will be considered one of the best.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good spot for the eagles.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He said NFC but I agree Denver's trio is better. Panthers are very talented though.

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top dog

I'm hesitant about putting the 49ers' trio of Clements/Harris/Spencer over the Bears' trio of Vasher/Tillman/Manning Jr. or evern the Eagles' trio of Sheppard/Brown/James, only because the 49ers haven't played together yet on the field like those other players have. Looking good on paper is all well and good, but I give more credit to playing on the field. That said, when the 49ers do take the field, I think it's very possible they will take the top spot although I still like the Bears the best.

Questionable picks

The Bucs at #5? Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly are past their primes and are good at the moment but not deserving of such a ranking. The Falcons at #9? DeAngelo Hall is a Pro Bowl corner in name only, and the fact that Lewis Sanders and Chris Houston are the leading competitors for the other starter position leave me scratching my head as to why anyone would put them in the top 10.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm not fond of the Bears at #6 and the Redskins at #10. The Bears are easily in the top 3 of the conference with the quality of talent, ability, and experience in all three starters. Similarly the Redskins with Springs/Rogers/Smoot, and Macklin as a back-up, would be higher in the top 10 than just at the cusp in my mind.

Also, how does the acquisition of Jason David not noted for the Saints, if the all-important Jason Craft is mentioned? I don't have a problem with them initially ranked outside the Top 10 though, given that we have to see David play with the team first and McKenzie can be beat. I'd rank the Saints ahead of the Falcons, though.

Youth necessary

The Packers have a very good starting duo with Al Harris (who should've been a Pro Bowl selection last year imo) and Charles Woodson if he can stay healthy, but they need to start grooming a young talent to immediately come in as the nickel starter and eventually take over as a starter. I'm wouldn't be surprised if Darrelle Revis had been available at #16, Thompson would have taken him to do so.

But then Revis was in high demand for good reason.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll like the Eagles at #3, I want to see a better season from Sheldon this year though.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I'll like the Eagles at #3, I want to see a better season from Sheldon this year though.
Reggie Bush sure as hell doesn't ;)
I think they're about right, you could make a case for #2. I think Henry is highly overrated, but whatever 3 works.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lucas is usually a great tackler, but his reputation got hurt along with his shoulder last year. Not much you can do other than prove that you are better than that.

Gamble will have to be alert or he isn't starting this season and Marshall will.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Reggie Bush sure as hell doesn't ;)
I think they're about right, you could make a case for #2. I think Henry is highly overrated, but whatever 3 works.
I would probably move the Cowboys to 4 and put the Bears at 2.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I would probably move the Cowboys to 4 and put the Bears at 2.
If you consider the NB too I don't know if the Eagles are better than the Cowboys.
Newman, imo, is better than Sheppard or at least they are on the same level, Henry and Brown are two CBs that alternate good and bad games, the real problem with Henry is that he can't stay healthy. Even when he's playing, most of the time he's playing hurt. But Cowboys NB is way better than everyone the Eagles have right now. Hood was a good NB, but who do you have now as your nickel cornerback? Aaron Glenn even if old is a very reliable guy and he has played very well so far for the Cowboys. Against the Colts he faced many times Marvin Harrison making a great job on him. The problem is that he will probably retire in 2008, or he will loose a step, but right now he's a very good NB.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Is there anything the Panthers aren't the best in?

Ive yet to hear you say something negative about your own team. They seem to be the best in everything, dline/lb core/secondary/wr duo/rb duo. I mean come on now, if they were THAT good, they wouldn't be so inconsistent.

Carolina is the most overrated team in the NFL and has been for a couple of years now.

Don't get me wrong, I think they have a solid team, and solid defense, but theyre not the best in the NFL or NFC for that matter in any particular area of their team. Theyre just not.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. His name isn't Blindsite for nothing. All he sees is Carolina Blue.

As for the Cowboys... I like our starters, but our depth is a major concern. Lot of bodies with mild upside, but a lot of unknown. Henry took a step back last year from his previous year. Newman is a near shutdown guy, not having given up a TD in the last 2 years.... maybe he gave up 1 last year, I'm not totally sure.... however, he does need to step up with his Interception count in order to take the next step. Hard to say where we'd be ranked, but not #2.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
If you consider the NB too I don't know if the Eagles are better than the Cowboys.
Newman, imo, is better than Sheppard or at least they are on the same level, Henry and Brown are two CBs that alternate good and bad games, the real problem with Henry is that he can't stay healthy. Even when he's playing, most of the time he's playing hurt. But Cowboys NB is way better than everyone the Eagles have right now. Hood was a good NB, but who do you have now as your nickel cornerback? Aaron Glenn even if old is a very reliable guy and he has played very well so far for the Cowboys. Against the Colts he faced many times Marvin Harrison making a great job on him. The problem is that he will probably retire in 2008, or he will loose a step, but right now he's a very good NB.
Newman is better than Lito, but I definitely think Sheldon is better than Henry. As for nickelback Aaron is better than James, but James is a former starter who's got good size and should be very solid for us this season. It could go either way, the difference between the two talent wise is marginal either way.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy with 7th place.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I'm being a homer when I say that the Bears are too low.

If this is JUST starters I'm fine with it, but your nickleback plays about 50% of the time and Ricky Manning Jr is one of, if not the, best nicklebacks in the NFL (when he's not beating up "Jews" at Denny's anyway).

By comparison, the Packers and Bucs have no depth and are ahead? Meh...

It's not a big difference, but I'd put us ahead of both.

And the Niners are way too high. Walt Harris had a good season last year, but come on...he's still Walt Harris. It's not like he all of the sudden became great after 11 seasons in the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote