Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
31 teams manage to win without Peppers.
exactly..a lot of teams dont have a dominant player like Peppers.

Patriots have won without Harrison..without Bruschi..without Corey Dillon..without Branch..without Seymour for a few games. Without Ty Law

injuries..other issues happen. Your team is as good as your backups. You cant depend on your starters all year round now a days..so having good depth is important and u dont need the best players to win.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love View Post
I think Spencer actually had a very inconsistent year last year and really didn't step up the way I thought he would.
Spencer was just okay... He didn't give up the big play that I saw too often, but he also didn't make a lot of big plays. It will be interesting to see how he fares in his training camp battle with Harris.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
exactly..a lot of teams dont have a dominant player like Peppers.

Patriots have won without Harrison..without Bruschi..without Corey Dillon..without Branch..without Seymour for a few games. Without Ty Law

injuries..other issues happen. Your team is as good as your backups. You cant depend on your starters all year round now a days..so having good depth is important and u dont need the best players to win.
I'm glad we run exactly the same scheme and require exactly the same from exactly all of our players so you could point that out.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'm glad we run exactly the same scheme and require exactly the same from exactly all of our players so you could point that out.
The point is if you are waiting for a season where none of your starters get injured, you are going to be waiting for a very long time.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The main reason the Packers went 8-8 last year was because of special teams play, namely kicking. Besides STs play, the safties pretty much the only other thing that held them back from super bowl glory. They are VERY solid( if not the best in the NFL) at every other position on the field with KGB, Manuel, and Poppinga being the anchors to the only other problems holding them back from super bowl city. Why are they so good? Because they play for the Packers, that's why. I'm honestly getting tired of this pro bowl NFC vs. AFC crap, It's about time to turn it into AFC vs. the Packers. How could anyone else who plays for another team in the NFL be good without being a PACKER. Thank god they got Mason Crosby , the Pack will easily go 16-0 now.

CB? 1st easily. LOL at the fact Harris and Woodson are not at the top of that list. Idiots. I mean, they play for the Pack.
D-line? Best. Kampman pretty much is the best player in the NFL.
O-line? Best. Why? because they wear Green and Gold.
Backs? We drafted a new RB, we're dank.
WR? Probowl Donald Driver, best. Plus we drafted a couple New WR that will be good because they play for the PACKERS! duh.
TE. Bubba franks used to be good. He'll be probowl next year. Antonio who?
LB? Nick Barnett >>>>> Urlacher ,because he plays for the Packers. If he didn't break his hand last year he's better by a large margin.
Hawk? best ever, he plays for the PACKERS.
QB- Brett Favre once threw for 40 TD's . He'll throw for 79 this year.
AS you can see . It's only the safties and special teams holding this grand team back. If Underwood wouldn't have gotten injured we'd be golden.
Damn we're good.
Now, Back in 1997 the Packers were picked as super bowl favorites so this means we'll be favorites in the weak NFC now. right? I mean, there is no possible way MY team could regress. We're too good at every position, just a couple of special teams players and were bowl bound.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 06-04-2007 at 12:28 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap! Someone ranked us first in something. Been a long time for us Niner fans. It's fun not being a doormat anymore.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, the schemes are very similar. The only major difference is the front. Fox uses the 4-3, and Bellichick the BP 3-4. So inheritly, the way the run is stopped is different in comparison.

But the methods of pressure and coverage and the style of defense is very very close. Fox uses alot of similar schemery. Just out of a 4-3 front.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks about right. I like the Vikes at 7. Winfield is one of the very best in the league but Griffin has to prove he can do it for an entire season. Edwards/McCauley is great depth, McCauley should replace Winfield in a couple of years if all goes well and he plays up to his ability. Which is always a big if with the Vikes.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Actually, the schemes are very similar. The only major difference is the front. Fox uses the 4-3, and Bellichick the BP 3-4. So inheritly, the way the run is stopped is different in comparison.

But the methods of pressure and coverage and the style of defense is very very close. Fox uses alot of similar schemery. Just out of a 4-3 front.
Except the linebackers run different coverage schemes even when they're in nickel formations.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Holy crap! Someone ranked us first in something. Been a long time for us Niner fans. It's fun not being a doormat anymore.
Haha yea...I was a little shocked. I personally like Denver better but 49ers deserve top 3.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners' corps haven't even played a down together. They shouldn't be first until we get to see them in action.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except the linebackers run different coverage schemes even when they're in nickel formations.
Can you explain in more detail? Im curious to know more about it. I have seen a decent amount of Carolina games, but not nearly as much as you I would assume.

One thing I noticed that Fox does alot more than most is the CB blitz. Fox is not affraid to come with a CB blitz. Bellichick doesn't do that much. He'll use safety blitzes, but rarely CB blitzes.

For a 4-3 guy, Fox uses alot of ZB relative to other 4-3 guys. I love his scheme. He's my favorite 4-3 coordinator. Primarily because he runs a scheme similar to the BP 3-4, which is my favorite scheme.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm, i would've put carolina at 1st for the nfc, the only team that could be over carolina is the bears IMO

carolina has the best combination of starters/nickle

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Can you explain in more detail? Im curious to know more about it. I have seen a decent amount of Carolina games, but not nearly as much as you I would assume.
A lot of Carolina's defense relies on having a roaming linebacker to make plays. Think Georgia's defense where they used Thomas Davis when he was there (although he was a safety). To be free to run around and hit. Most of the time that's Morgan in our defense which is why when he's on the field he's so good, he can do what he likes.

BB does the same thing, but he varies who's the free running linebacker, a lot of times its either Brushci or Vrabel, but its pretty much even amongst the corp.

Quote:
One thing I noticed that Fox does alot more than most is the CB blitz. Fox is not affraid to come with a CB blitz. Bellichick doesn't do that much. He'll use safety blitzes, but rarely CB blitzes.
Yeah, he likes to blitz the nickel. What he'll do is put someone like Thomas Davis at nickel back, by coming out in a 43 base, he'll slide Davis over to the CB and drop the safety down a little way, and then bring Davis off the edge. He like to use Richard Marshall as a blitzer last year too because he was so aggressive.

I really liked the run blitzes he does with the corners.

Quote:
For a 4-3 guy, Fox uses alot of ZB relative to other 4-3 guys. I love his scheme. He's my favorite 4-3 coordinator. Primarily because he runs a scheme similar to the BP 3-4, which is my favorite scheme.
I love zone blitzes, I just wish madden knew how to actually make a realistic zone blitz so I could use them in game lol.

What I'm trying to say is that yes, I make some excused but in the NFCCG, its hard to win games when two of the players your defense is designed to free up are injured its hard to make adjustments against a great team. Especially one as strong as seattle was that year. i think people forget how close they came to winning that SB, they really were in it up until a few bad plays.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I just read an article that said some players on Carolina felt that Ken Lucas was faking injuries last season and that he quit on the team. Lucas obviously denied that he faked injuries or quit on the team.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that kills me in regard to the ever present CB debate: last year at this time, Philly fans were completely bagging on Lito saying that he was vastly overrated, that he was no more than an average corner at best who takes too many gambles and constantly gets burned, while Sheldon was the true shutdown guy who never got the credit and was vastly over-looked.

NOW, since Sheldon struggled in 06 with some breakdowns, and Lito had a big year with a couple pick-6es, all of a sudden Lito is one of the top cbs in the game again and Sheldon is back in his place as a "solid" support type. Lito Sheppard is a good player, but he isn't anywhere near Pro Bowl caliber, and I have never watched an Eagle game (and I watch just about every game of theirs during the season) in which I thought, "wow, Lito is really shutting his guy down".

But its amazing to me how people have flip flopped on this issue so much.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
One thing that kills me in regard to the ever present CB debate: last year at this time, Philly fans were completely bagging on Lito saying that he was vastly overrated, that he was no more than an average corner at best who takes too many gambles and constantly gets burned, while Sheldon was the true shutdown guy who never got the credit and was vastly over-looked.

NOW, since Sheldon struggled in 06 with some breakdowns, and Lito had a big year with a couple pick-6es, all of a sudden Lito is one of the top cbs in the game again and Sheldon is back in his place as a "solid" support type. Lito Sheppard is a good player, but he isn't anywhere near Pro Bowl caliber, and I have never watched an Eagle game (and I watch just about every game of theirs during the season) in which I thought, "wow, Lito is really shutting his guy down".

But its amazing to me how people have flip flopped on this issue so much.
That is the worst word EVER. EVER!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I just read an article that said some players on Carolina felt that Ken Lucas was faking injuries last season and that he quit on the team. Lucas obviously denied that he faked injuries or quit on the team.
Yeah, that was Keyshawn, or so I've heard, apparently he had something to say about Steve Smith sitting out two games early on with hamstring injuries.

Part of the reason he was booted. Lucas has tremendous heart and when some players on the team come out lackadaisical he's always playing at 100% speed and giving it his all.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yeah, that was Keyshawn, or so I've heard, apparently he had something to say about Steve Smith sitting out two games early on with hamstring injuries.

Part of the reason he was booted. Lucas has tremendous heart and when some players on the team come out lackadaisical he's always playing at 100% speed and giving it his all.
The article cited that more than one player said so. Also, it sounded like the coaches were pretty disappointed in him which is why Marshall took over.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Marshall took over on the first down and sometimes second depending on down and distance because he's a great tackler and loves to hit people in the mouth. As the article points out Lucas had an injured Shoulder and Neck, you can't hit a running back hurting like that, that's why Marshall was put in instead.

Gamble locked down his spot because his injuries were lower body, so he could still hit fairly well.

Lucas is locked in as our starting cornerback, he was hurt and that's all there is to it.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ya I find it hard to believe he quit on the team when you could see how disappointed he was just to not be out there. The guy at one point had atleast 5 different injuries he just couldn't go out there and be fully effective on every snap.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was the "Top NFC Corners" thread, but I must have accidentally stumbled into the "Make Up Excuses For My Players Ineptitude" thread. My bad.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
That is the worst word EVER. EVER!
um......where have you been, dude? You don't actually think that I made that up, do you?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
um......where have you been, dude? You don't actually think that I made that up, do you?
watcha mean by 'where have you been'? and I'm hoping you didn't make it up.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears should be around that 3-5 range. The Packers and Bucs are both too high, IMO. And the niners at no. 1 is laughable... Basically, it seems like I am repeating what my man 51 said.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote