Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't notice this was Sportsline and therefore Pete Prisco, so now I understand his Spicer being overrated comment. Since he lives in Jacksonville, used to cover them, and has a radio show mostly about them, his perception of the Jaguars is more "fine-tuned," per se. Or homerism. I think homerism goes both ways: not only can you overrate players or whine about them being called underrated, you can underrate them or bash them more than necessary.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seymour, gets double teamed, people dont like going near him he is probably the best 3 - 4 DE
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Sharp21

It seems a lot of the "overrated" players are not considered as great as they once were. Who honestly still considers Ty Law and Sam Madison to be lock down corners at their current ages?
They nailed Newman and Asomugha as underrated though.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I dont see how Pennington is overrated, most don't think of him as a top 15 QB and every year he plays most of games the Jets are in the playoffs. An overrated Jet is Pete Kendall, they guy showed his age bad last year and couldn't run block for nothing.
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp21 View Post
It seems a lot of the "overrated" players are not considered as great as they once were. Who honestly still considers Ty Law and Sam Madison to be lock down corners at their current ages?
They nailed Newman and Asomugha as underrated though.
You'd be surprised.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
its fine..hes underrated but comparing him to the best 3-4 DE and possibly top 3 DE in general?

yes his stats were better last year but what about all the other years? Seymour is a multi time pro bowler..Keisel is not. Underrated ? yes. Same class as Seymour? No
Keisel only has had 1 season starting. He's played the RDE, and he did damn well. I was merely stating, he's underrated. He's putting up similar #'s to Seymour and no one really knows him, I don't think I said Keisel is Better than Seymour, I merely stated he had better stats in his 1 season starting. I don't expect him to be Seymour level, considering Seymour was a 1st rounder and Keisel a 7th. Just stating that I think he's damn good and I agree he's underrated, though he shouldn't be.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Sapp had 47 tackles, 10 sacks

Kevin Williams had 36 tackles 5 sacks.

both are DTs..whos better off stats? Sapp

whos better off actual play? Williams..hes 1 of the best DTs in the league
not really Sapp is still one of the best.Not to mention Sapp played with Tommy Kelly another UT next to him for the most part.A scheme he doesnt fit in and was still able to very well both in pass and run defense.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pete Prisco, is useless but he's got a point.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much dead on for the Ravens, you could maybe argue who is the msot underrated Raven but no doubt that the most overrated Raven/NFL Player is Willis McGahee.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Chargers analysis looks pretty good....
Olshansky is one of the better 3-4 DE's around, you could make an argument for Jammer as underrated, but I would say its more underappreciated then underrated.

As far as overrated I guess Rivers fits the bill the way he describes. I don't think he's overrated, but if people call him a top five QB. this early, then I would say he's overrated. A better example I think, honestly, would be Shane Olivea. He's the weakest part of the O-Line, and gets beat a lot, but still gets a lot of the credit that the rest of the O-Line gets.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Houston it should be Schaub over Green. Schaub has started 2 games in his career and everyone thinks he will be a good QB. Green has rushed for over 1,000 yards 6 of the last 7 seasons with the one he didn't he was injured and played only 5 games. He also had a season that he put up 1,800+ yards and 15 TDs. He's not what he once was, but I wouldn't call him overated.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Stats do not make you a better player.
Sorry, but they have alot to do with great players.

Quote:
Sapp had 47 tackles, 10 sacks

Kevin Williams had 36 tackles 5 sacks.

both are DTs..whos better off stats? Sapp

whos better off actual play? Williams..hes 1 of the best DTs in the league
Dude....Sapp is a potential HOFer...BAD example.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
papa burgundy
Rookie

papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.papa burgundy is a cocksman.

I don't know how anyone can take Pete Prisco seriously.. this is the same guy who last year said IAN SCOTT was the most underrated player in the entire league.. even went as far to say he was as good as Tommie Harris. The year before he said it was JAMES FRIGGIN HALL. This year he semi-redeemed himself by picking someone who is underrated.. but even then Warren got a fair amount of pub for a breakout season last year.

Just for laughs here are his 05 and 06 underrated/overrated lists just so everyone can see how god awful they are.

05 - http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8622837

06 - http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704
papa burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D.J. Hackett is so underrated that Pete Prisco described him as a "good special teams player" in his recent article about the 2004 draft....Hackett doesn't play special teams.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
vince young, dont think hes overrated
ya hes Underrated if anything Vince YOUNG IS A BEast
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I could agree Dallas Clark is very underrated.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Michael Vick - Overrated. How original.
And how painfully true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
vince young, dont think hes overrated
Ehm... he went to a pro bowl he had no business being at, and if you'd see some of the stuff people write and say about him you'd think they're talking about a shoe-in first-ballot hall of fame type guy, not a rookie who's most probably going into a sophomore slump (and before you ask 'why?' look at the Titans depth chart at WR and RB)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:41 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally would have gone with Winfield as the underrated guy for the Vikings. He has actually gotten a lot of dues this offseason but is still very much owed more. He is a great cornerback. Sharper is without a doubt the overrated guy we have now. He just cant play in a cover 2 and looked lost and old last year. I hope he can turn it around, but he looked like a slow rookie last year, I think he is done.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with the niners. But DJax will bring leadership and is a vet so that will put him over Bryant.

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

100% agree with the NYG ones.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
100% agree with the NYG ones.
I don't really agree so much. I really wouldn't call Fred Robbins underrated. He is kind of just there. Extremely average, doesn't shine but doesn't play awful. He is what he is.

Madison, eh. The little blurp says this guy used to be a good man corner. We'll see. We rarely ever played man last year because of Tim Lewis so it is hard to say that about him. And when we actually did play man Madison actually played his best football. With a ton more man coming this year we will see how that goes.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Jared Allen is underrated any more people know he can play now.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Romo was a starter for half a season, so it's impossible to call him overrated. Just go with T.O. like the rest of the world.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kelly gregg is mos definatly underrated... if he has another solid season, he better make the pro bowl

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Evans is not underrated. Our O-Line coach said he wouldn't trade Evans for any O-lineman in the league. He got nothing but praise last year for his play.

MM is not overrated. He's a top 10 CB in this league.Charles Grant might be a little overrated. He disappears for games at a time.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote