Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default Official OVFL Thread

All from the OVFL post your team, position, stats, name, whatever you want. Lets get this thread going.

Brampton Bulldogs
LB
2-0
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha...nobody will know what the hell you are talking about. I wish I could play OVFL but I always play baseball in the summer so I can't. I know pretty much all the Cumberland Panthers and Myers Riders players though from playing with them.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Naw, there are actually a few people on here who play in the OVFL. I actualyl live in Mississauga, and the Warriros played Myers this weekend. They beat them 13-0. I thought Myers was supposed to be good. But either way I got Niagara next weekend, HUGE game.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes a few, like 4 or 5. Which means the rest have no idea what you're talking about.

stephenson86
Old 06-03-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Yes a few, like 4 or 5. Which means the rest have no idea what you're talking about.
hahaha, still worth the try, aint it?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats OVFL???

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
whats OVFL???
Ontario Varsity Football League

Pretty competitive league. 25 teams from all over Ontario. Good players. The only problem is, there are GOOD teams, and then there are BAD teams. Not really any in between. Still great league, and great teams and players.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are nuts Billingsley....

Anyways, here's mine:

Metro Toronto Wildcats, Jr. OV.
#33, Weak Half
2-0: 28-26 W @Ottawa Myers, 27-6 W @Ottawa Cumberland

I missed the Myers game as previously stated ;). We had 5 takeaways against Cumberland, but they ran most of their plays to the strong side so I only had about 2 tackles & a sack. They basically gave up in the 4th quarter and put their subs in. They tried shotgun but completely botched the snap and I tapped the QB on the ground for the sack, lol.

Last year we went 2-6 so we pretty much shook the league by sweeping Ottawa on their home turf. I'm not satisfied with 2 wins and as a captain I'm going to make sure that our team doesn't get complacent or cocky. Our coach gave us the day off on Tuesday when we should have practice. That pissed me off but I'm just gonna use it as a day to hit the gym and study for exams.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
whats OVFL???
What many say is the biggest minor football league in all of North America, which is why it deserves it's own thread.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

wow indeed wow.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
wow indeed wow.
Wise words from a wise man.

stephenson86
Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
wow indeed wow.
Indeed, Americans take notice....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I shoulda played. But anyway, the team I woulda played on is 1-2 now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I shoulda played. But anyway, the team I woulda played on is 1-2 now.
I find that I meet a lot of people who say things like: "I almost played" or "I should've played". I guess it's a big commitment and a lot of guys quit too, but I can't see how any football player can pass up this opportunity to play against 'the best' of the province.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You are nuts Billingsley....

Anyways, here's mine:

Metro Toronto Wildcats, Jr. OV.
#33, Weak Half
2-0: 28-26 W @Ottawa Myers, 27-6 W @Ottawa Cumberland

I missed the Myers game as previously stated ;). We had 5 takeaways against Cumberland, but they ran most of their plays to the strong side so I only had about 2 tackles & a sack. They basically gave up in the 4th quarter and put their subs in. They tried shotgun but completely botched the snap and I tapped the QB on the ground for the sack, lol.

Last year we went 2-6 so we pretty much shook the league by sweeping Ottawa on their home turf. I'm not satisfied with 2 wins and as a captain I'm going to make sure that our team doesn't get complacent or cocky. Our coach gave us the day off on Tuesday when we should have practice. That pissed me off but I'm just gonna use it as a day to hit the gym and study for exams.
Weak Half?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I find that I meet a lot of people who say things like: "I almost played" or "I should've played". I guess it's a big commitment and a lot of guys quit too, but I can't see how any football player can pass up this opportunity to play against 'the best' of the province.
Ya it's a pretty big commitment for a lot of people. Alot of people that age have summer jobs and can't attend the multiple practices per week or some of the weekend games. Plus you add in things like vacations and other sports (i.e baseball) and it just becomes too hard. More people are just happy to play high school or in there local leagues.

stephenson86
Old 06-03-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Weak Half?
In Canadian football there are 12 players on the field. which means in most cases there are 2 Wr's and 2 SB's on the line. The cornerback's cover the receivers and the Half's cover the Slot's. Weak being the weakside of the field.

stephenson86
Old 06-03-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In Canadian football there are 12 players on the field. which means in most cases there are 2 Wr's and 2 SB's on the line. The cornerback's cover the receivers and the Half's cover the Slot's. Weak being the weakside of the field.
hmmm.... interesting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya it's a pretty big commitment for a lot of people. Alot of people that age have summer jobs and can't attend the multiple practices per week or some of the weekend games. Plus you add in things like vacations and other sports (i.e baseball) and it just becomes too hard. More people are just happy to play high school or in there local leagues.
Basically that, and I didn't think I was good enough. I needed a job, which I now have, in order to pay for grad trip, and OVFL would cut into that time. I'm actually not playing any football at all this year, which sucks, but I have a lot of commitments. And I didn't think I would be good enough at the time, but friends are telling me I'm better than some of the people who made it, so maybe I'd have made it, or maybe they're just saying it because they like me more than the other guy, or something.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Weak Half?
Weak Half=WLB in a Tampa 2, but even more coverage responsibility. It's a hybrid position, a mixture of linebacker and safety responsibilities.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Brampton Bulldogs #53 LB
42-0 over Halton Invictas, 14-7 over Guelph Bears

First game was a cake-walk, i was done hafl-way throught the 1st quarter, thats when they put the subs in. Im sure you have heard all about the Halton situation.

Second game was different. Guelph lost both their #1 and #2 QB's last week after getting thumped by Niagara 42-3, and all they did was run this week. Our was D was great as a whole. Offense struglled a bit, but we had a poor week of practise, and I kinda expected it, but still our D was AWESOME. The offense finally came alive in the 4th quarter and we got 2 td's. Great win, we showed pretty good heart coming back. Next week were on to Niagara, best team in the league. If you wanna see a battle:

Next Saturday June 9th, 2007
Chinguacosy Park, Brampton
2PM, Brampton vs Niagara

CANT WAIT!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh snap, etk that was your team that beat us. That was the first time we've lost a regular season game since '05, and for sure we did not see that offense coming. We didn't execute on offense and that's why we lost. What # and position were you?
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevermind, I just saw that you were #33, I thought you were 50. I was the RB for Panthers and we pretty much just got destroyed. That was our wake-up call and don't expect to see us losing again. Our first loss since '05 will be our last loss.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Nevermind, I just saw that you were #33, I thought you were 50. I was the RB for Panthers and we pretty much just got destroyed. That was our wake-up call and don't expect to see us losing again. Our first loss since '05 will be our last loss.
Myers will wreck you, boy

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You crazy Canadians and your socialized medicine.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote