Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Meachem to have knee examined

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892754
Old 06-04-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not looking good at all.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B _ _ _ ... Don't worry he still has to fill in a few letters. They still should've gone defense.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow he has a meniscus injury so he is gonna be a bust? Makes a lot of sense. He won't miss much camp if any. You can have meniscus surgery and be back in a month.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Wow he has a meniscus injury so he is gonna be a bust? Makes a lot of sense. He won't miss much camp if any. You can have meniscus surgery and be back in a month.
I totally agree that it isn't a serious injury. I would say that his NFL career han't gotten off to the best start though, but I still think he ends up being a good one.

Last edited by LarryJohnson27 : 06-04-2007 at 02:39 PM.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No of course it doesn't mean he is going to be a bust. It's not even training camp. But it's obvious that having a guy without knee and ankle injuries already is preferable.

BTW there is no secret "HORSE" game that makes a player a bust either.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping it's not a tear, or any serious condition.

but yes between showing up out of shape, spraining the ankle, and this recent problem Meachem has had a rough start in the NFL. Really hope he gets it together.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, but if it's torn enough it could end his career.

Thats what happened to me. I had a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee. It was diagnosed immediately and by the time they had worked on it, They had to remove 75%.

Your meniscus doesn't get enough blood flow to regenerate. It's also like the shock pad between your knee. Now, a lot of times Pro's can come back in a month, but like me, it's rare, but it could be career ending because it gets weaker after you tear it. And in a position that needs a lot of "Cutting" ability, it could cause troubles down the road.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I'm hoping it's not a tear, or any serious condition.

but yes between showing up out of shape, spraining the ankle, and this recent problem Meachem has had a rough start in the NFL. Really hope he gets it together.
Yeah, same here.. we shall see how it plays out.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Yes, but if it's torn enough it could end his career.

Thats what happened to me. I had a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee. It was diagnosed immediately and by the time they had worked on it, They had to remove 75%.

Your meniscus doesn't get enough blood flow to regenerate. It's also like the shock pad between your knee. Now, a lot of times Pro's can come back in a month, but like me, it's rare, but it could be career ending because it gets weaker after you tear it. And in a position that needs a lot of "Cutting" ability, it could cause troubles down the road.

he hasnt even signed a contract yet right? that would suck for him
Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver, better not say a damn word. :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes getting more and more like Chad Jackson :(

1. They both run under 4.37.
2. Similar Size
3. Greatest Hands Competition
4. Injuries before season that could ultimatley keep him off the field
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sucks for the Saints

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow and to think I wanted the Chiefs to draft him,
Old 06-04-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
he hasnt even signed a contract yet right? that would suck for him
Like I said, odds are that he'll be ok and come back, but still a chance to be a very very serious injury.

If anyone saw "Friday Night Lights" the movie. When Booby Miles came back from the ACL tear and couldn't make a cut or spin move. It's exactly like that, but it can swell the size of an Orange after a game. Pushing off, cuts or the likes will end up making your knee give out because it has no "shock" padding. It's miserable.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Follow up. ESPN.com

Meachem to have arthroscopic surgery, out 3-4 Weeks.

Quote:
Saints first-round draft pick Robert Meachem will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his knee Tuesday morning and will be out 3-4 weeks, sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley on Monday.
Thankfully this sounds like he'll be back in time for training camp, could've been potentially much worse. Looks like the Saints are going to be very cautious with this.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Yeah, that's not too, too bad. *whew* Hopefully he'll be ready to go by training camp.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He will not be 100% I gaurentee it. I tore my miniscus and it messed me up for a VERY long time, to the point where even now, if I don't remain active and sit around for a few weeks, then go out and play a couple games of basketball, my knee will swell until it is stiff later that night and early the next morning, it's fine a day later but that could really mess him up, since he'd be going a lot harder than I do in basketball.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame that he's starting his NFL career so poorly. I had really high expectations for him this year
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:34 AM    (permalink
BLACKnGOLD
Veteran

BLACKnGOLD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
hes getting more and more like Chad Jackson :(

1. They both run under 4.37.
2. Similar Size
3. Greatest Hands Competition
4. Injuries before season that could ultimatley keep him off the field
Chad Jackson must have been a bum on the practice field when healthy, or the Pats just think he's a ***** because he is always hurt. Because their 2nd round pick from 2006 will have to beat out both playoff starters just to be a 4 or 5 receiver thanks to the free agency signings of Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Last years two second round picks let injurys really screw their careers so shortly.

Lesson: Meachem you better hope this injury doesn't linger.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torry Holt had the very same injury. He was able to bounce back. There's a school of thought that says tearing the meniscus actually can benefit a player in that it gives him more flexibility. Now, of course, no one wants to see any guy get injured. But Meachem will be back in three or four weeks. I think he'll be fine.
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
Torry Holt had the very same injury. He was able to bounce back. There's a school of thought that says tearing the meniscus actually can benefit a player in that it gives him more flexibility. Now, of course, no one wants to see any guy get injured. But Meachem will be back in three or four weeks. I think he'll be fine.
after having it torn, I don't know how anyone could literally say that.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
after having it torn, I don't know how anyone could literally say that.
I agree...because after it is torn, everything becomes bone-on-bone. But I do not think that will be the case for Meachem. Sounds as if he just is having a piece cut out. But I have heard some people suggest that tearing the meniscus actually allows more flexibility in the knee.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is probably the outcome of being out of shape. Not exactly a good way to begin your NFL career.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
This is probably the outcome of being out of shape. Not exactly a good way to begin your NFL career.
Not true. The condition was preexisting.