Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend234 View Post
I don't know what everyone else thought about the game today, but the 09 Canes really got out-coached in many different ways. They couldn't protect anything. Jacory was getting killed back there and it was all about bad preparation in the protection schemes. Wisconsin knew that their tight ends were their strength and exposed Miami's lbs and dbs in coverage. You don't always have to play man and bring 5 on 3rd and long. As a canes fan I felt like the canes were clearly a better team athletically, but from what I could see, their coaches let them down.
Wisconsin has always been a RB/TE oriented offense so that gameplanning should've been obvious. The problem for Miami on defense was they would sell out on either the pass or run. So it was either trying to bring down the big John Clay or trying to keep up with our TEs, of which are converted WRs. I don't think coaching played a big role in the game, just that the players of Miami weren't physically suited to match up to Wisconsin's game. There's a big difference in putting athletes and football players on the field and we say that last night. I figured that Wisconsin would win, just thought that it would be by a larger margin.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Legend234
Rookie

Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.

As much as wisconsin has certain strengths that made it tough on Miami, the coaching was still bad. Miami had them in alot of third and long situations in the second half and usually you don't sell out to stop the run on third and long.

They should have been preparing for the blitzes that wisconsin was throwing at them, I mean from what I could see they were not overly complicated, yet you had backs doubling on d-lineman while linebackers were coming in unblocked.

I know Jacory was hurt, but they should have been moving the pocket more since he was having to run around most of the time anyway because of the pressure. When you move the pocket it makes it difficult to just pin your ears back and bring pressure.

I guess mabey wisconsin deserves some credit also. They always seem to game plan well for bowl games. I remember them beating arkansas a couple of years ago mainly with their gameplan.
Legend234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 sacks came with Wisconsin rushing only 4 lineman. 1 sack was with rushing 5. Harris was 10-20 when rushed by 4 and 6-9 when rushed by 5.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a whole lot of

So glad he is gone.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the UA game right now and eagerly anticipating the announcement of Chris Dunkley's commitment.

Do we have a realisitc shot or am I just spinning my wheels here?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Watching the UA game right now and eagerly anticipating the announcement of Chris Dunkley's commitment.

Do we have a realisitc shot or am I just spinning my wheels here?
It's supposed to be Alabama.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1% chance is being optimistic, sooo yea don't get your hopes up.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
1% chance is being optimistic, sooo yea don't get your hopes up.
:(

Just hope it's not the Gators or Noles.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
It's supposed to be Alabama.
Apparently, he wrote something on his FB page about it being 'Bama. Guess he was keeping everyone on their toes. Dunkley to UF.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's serious but Jacory is having surgery on his thumb to repair a ligament.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

So how do you guys think we will finish out this class? I am praying for Seantrel to come to the U, and it seems like we have a real shot now that he has officially decided to make us his last official visit the weekend before signing day.

But I think the last commitments we will land are from DE Ego Ferguson, DE Corey Lemonier and WR Ivan McCartney.

Those would be nice, but supposedly there wil be some surprises at the AAA game this Saturday, so let's keep our fingers crossed! :)

Old 01-07-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

We aren't getting anyone that is committing at the army AA game. Posted this in the recruiting thread yesterday.

WR Ivan McCartney
WR Quadarias Mireles or WR Kadron Boone
TE Asante Cleveland or TE Christian Thomas
DL Corey Lemonier or DL Ego Ferguson or DL Jeffrey Whittaker or DL Michael Thornton
LB Josh Shirley or LB Chritian Jones or LB Kelvin Cain
K William Russ

That's the optimistic outlook. I expect at least 1 WR, 1 LB and 1 K, but hopefully it's 2 WR, TE, DL, LB and K.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-07-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
We aren't getting anyone that is committing at the army AA game. Posted this in the recruiting thread yesterday.

WR Ivan McCartney
WR Quadarias Mireles or WR Kadron Boone
TE Asante Cleveland or TE Christian Thomas
DL Corey Lemonier or DL Ego Ferguson or DL Jeffrey Whittaker or DL Michael Thornton
LB Josh Shirley or LB Chritian Jones or LB Kelvin Cain
K William Russ

That's the optimistic outlook. I expect at least 1 WR, 1 LB and 1 K, but hopefully it's 2 WR, TE, DL, LB and K.
Yeah, McCartney seems like a lock, as long as he improves his grades. And yeah, this seems a little optimistic, although it's certainly possible. Supposedly Mireles is dying for an offer and we could easily lock him up with one.

Jones seems like a longshot and we'll probably just end up with this Cain kid, which isn't all that bad, could be a nice player.

And I am starting to feel really good about Ego and possibly even that Christian Thomas kid. As well as Kadron Boone.

Some late surprises could be in order. We'll see. This time of year is pretty exciting, I must say!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea not expecting Jones at all, like 5% chance atm. Things look good for Shirley though. If Stick isn't in this class I'll probably cry. Mireles' ankle is apparently keeping him from getting the offer atm (McDermott said his foot was facing the wrong way when it happened, ewwwww) but it's probably a combination of that and Boone. Dude has insane speed when healthy though. There has been a lot of positive stuff about Lemonier and some stuff about Ego lately, not getting my hopes up at all for any of the DL.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea not expecting Jones at all, like 5% chance atm. Things look good for Shirley though. If Stick isn't in this class I'll probably cry. Mireles' ankle is apparently keeping him from getting the offer atm (McDermott said his foot was facing the wrong way when it happened, ewwwww) but it's probably a combination of that and Boone. Dude has insane speed when healthy though. There has been a lot of positive stuff about Lemonier and some stuff about Ego lately, not getting my hopes up at all for any of the DL.
Yeah, none of the DL are any where near locks, or even leans at the moment, so we have our work cut out for us. But that's good news to hear about Shirley.

And I agree, if we don't get McCartney for whatever reason, I will be sick about it as well!

I think they just need to take a leap of faith with this Mireles kid, he will heal, and kid looks like a potential stud with all that speed.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching the 2002 Rose Bowl today and watching Dorsey brought back a lot of memories. Does anybody think he has a shot at the College Football HOF?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

I have a new favorite recruit for 2011! Mr. James Wilder Jr.!

This guy looks unreal on film and is probably gonna be a Top 5 player when the rankings come out, maybe even the #1 Overall for 2011.

Says UF and USC were the early favorites, but now has Miami on top because he wants to play RB and we are offering him as a RB.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Don't get your hopes up. I really doubt UF won't tell him he can play RB before they move him to LB as a sophomore.

He's a stud though, doubt he is top 5 but should be top 3 in the state.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Oh, my hopes will be sky high. They already are. I'm going to be all over this guy this year. Hopefully UF falls flat on their face in this transition year, and we make a run. We should be able to get some players at way. :/

Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not big on college recruiting. But, what's happening to this recruit class? I'm a little disappointed. In the end I have trust in Randy and his staff though I guess.

And Florideans.. Who does Eduardo Clements & Storm Johnson play style remind you of in the college level? Looking at Darion Hall's rivals workout #'s, I like him as a change of pace type. Plus Hall's rated 4 stars on average by rivals users.

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 01-13-2010 at 01:13 PM.
katnip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
I'm not big on college recruiting. But, what's happening to this recruit class? I'm a little disappointed. In the end I have trust in Randy and his staff though I guess.

And Florideans.. Who does Eduardo Clements & Storm Johnson play style remind you of in the college level? Looking at Darion Hall's rivals workout #'s, I like him as a change of pace type. Plus Hall's rated 4 stars on average by rivals users.
It's not a great class but it's better than rivals/scouts has it ranked. The OL class is absolutely amazing, Linder, Bunche, Glenn, McDermott and Feliciano are all really good players. The RB class is great, all 4 backs are different and bring something to the team. Clements is a scat back type but still has the size to do well in our offense and is a really good receiver, Storm is a big fast back who dominated Georgia this year and Hall has great size and is an explosive back. Really underrated guy, will probably be a 6-1 230 lb back by the time he leaves UM. Hall's junior film was fantastic.

Jeremy Davis is one of the fastest players in the state and just a playmaker, really excited about him at CB. Kevin Nelson is a stud MLB. Payne and Rodgers both come from great programs and are really well coached. Chase Ford is a really good athlete at TE and should compete with Gordon/Sanders in spring.

The issue with this class is lack of big name talent. Linder is the only big time commit so far. If none of McCartney, Lemonier, Shirley come this class isn't that great, if 2 of those guys come though this is a really good class. Signing day is still a few weeks away and there will be a lot of changes before then, two current commits likely won't sign here and 4/5 different guys should be added.

Also Clint Hurtt is likely out as DL coach/recruiting coordinator. Barrow is likely taking over RC and a new DL coach is going to be brought in. A strength coach is likely going to be added as well to work with Swasey.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing Whipple to USF as a possibility.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea the rivals guy had an article on it. Really hope it doesn't happen, I don't like the fit for him though, USF has all spread personnel and it won't help get him a job in the NFL as an OC. Been a really bad offseason so far, losing Whipple would be crippling.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Seeing Whipple to USF as a possibility.
This is getting me stressed just thinking about it. Losing Whipple would be devastating.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It's from the same guy who basically said there was a 0% chance Whipple was going to get the OC job in the first place so I'm not too worried about him to USF. Apparently they're thinking about offering but he's probably 3rd on their list at best.

Edit- Ugh, hearing more and more stuff about Whipple and USF. Some stuff about taking Stoutland and Pannunzio with him. Guess we'll see what happens. :|

<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 01-13-2010 at 11:59 PM.