Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-03-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
We tried that throughout the game, and the only one that worked is when the CB was in another area code. When we ran every time we drove. As soon as we started throwing bad things happened.
If Kirby would sit in the pocket instead of sprinting for the right sideline every time, we might actually complete some passes. It's impressive that he actually made it there every time since the DEs were basically looping wide to prevent it, but why run when there's no pressure?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Marve was arrested last week on a misdemeanor charge. >_<

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, he was arrested for underage drinking i think it was.

Kirby Freeman is possibly the worst quarterback to ever play in the Orange Bowl. He completed one pass. One pass!!?!? He was playing against a team that had TEN players stacked in the box. There were no safeties. 10 in the box, a running game that ran for about 300 yards, and all he can do is complete one pass? Even if you hear Shannon's interview, he says that of the 3 interceptions, 2 were throws in which they told him if it wasn't there throw it away completely. The other, the coaches told him NOT to throw to a certain player, and he did it anyway. One of the worst performances I have ever seen. I, for one, do not want to see him play a minute next year. I would renew his scholarship (it's gonna be his 5th year, so we have the option of re-newing it or not) only to help the younger QBs with the signals. No practice reps, no game time, nothing.

sorry for the vent, i hate to see the 'canes lose.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
Yeah, he was arrested for underage drinking i think it was.

Kirby Freeman is possibly the worst quarterback to ever play in the Orange Bowl. He completed one pass. One pass!!?!? He was playing against a team that had TEN players stacked in the box. There were no safeties. 10 in the box, a running game that ran for about 300 yards, and all he can do is complete one pass? Even if you hear Shannon's interview, he says that of the 3 interceptions, 2 were throws in which they told him if it wasn't there throw it away completely. The other, the coaches told him NOT to throw to a certain player, and he did it anyway. One of the worst performances I have ever seen. I, for one, do not want to see him play a minute next year. I would renew his scholarship (it's gonna be his 5th year, so we have the option of re-newing it or not) only to help the younger QBs with the signals. No practice reps, no game time, nothing.

sorry for the vent, i hate to see the 'canes lose.
Yes, I'm very nervous for next year because our coaches seem blind to his horribleness. I wish he was just a 5th year Senior so I wouldn't have to think about him again, but he's returning so he'll most likely open the season as our starter. Even with Marve on deck I'm still pissed that PSU stole Devlin.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how the coaches are blind to his horribleness, they don't have another option right now. The best player will start next year between Freeman, Marve and Harris. Shannon has made it clear the best players will play no matter what.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-04-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't see how the coaches are blind to his horribleness, they don't have another option right now. The best player will start next year between Freeman, Marve and Harris. Shannon has made it clear the best players will play no matter what.
You may be right, we'll have to wait and see next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-04-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What is K. Wright's problem?

Don't follow the program much. Was the 4th player in his HS Class and .......
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Right now he is hurt. Him sucking probably has a lot to do with the constant change of OCs as well as his own suckiness. He was pretty good as a sophomore but since then he's been awful and he really doesn't even have the physical tools he used to any more.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-11-2007, 02:46 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This was embarassing, The U needs a qb. Honestly we should line cooper up back there and run the option. Virginia is a good team but this was the last game in the OB. I cant wait for these next few recruiting classes

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

We've tried running the option at times this year with Jenkins. It hasn't worked.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
We've tried running the option at times this year with Jenkins. It hasn't worked.
word on the street is shannon just kicked 6 players off the team.

what happened to all those sophmore running backs 2 years ago? charlie jones was one, i dont remember the others.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Derron Thomas was another. Andrew Johnson was the other I think, he transferred last year. Thomas did well this year when he got the chance, I guess he was hurt all year, not quite sure.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-27-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
word on the street is shannon just kicked 6 players off the team.

what happened to all those sophmore running backs 2 years ago? charlie jones was one, i dont remember the others.
Who got the boot?

Old 11-27-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daren Daly
Jarrel Mabry
Charlie Jones
Dejleon Farrr
Kirby Freeman
Dimitri Stewart

no link of yet, but ive heard it from 3 different places.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Quote:
Daren Daly
Jarrel Mabry
Charlie Jones
Dejleon Farrr
Kirby Freeman
Dimitri Stewart

Some of those are surprising, do you know why? When u get a link, post it...Thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Daren Daly
Jarrel Mabry
Charlie Jones
Dejleon Farrr
Kirby Freeman
Dimitri Stewart

If this is true, Miami fans should celebrate!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

I've heard the same thing about those players, but no link. Also, Charlie Jones is a senior who has stated that he was foregoing his medical redshirt and enter the NFL draft. He's a good guy and a true 'cane, just not as good as we expected.

None of the others are surprising, except maybe Farr, but I'm fine with Epps.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I'm surprised Farr got the boot. We have enough TEs so it doesn't really matter, though. I don't care about the others.

Our 04 RB class was...

Charlie Jones, #2
Bobby Washington, #4, transferred twice
Andrew Johnson, #8
Derron Thomas, #19

It's surprising that Thomas turned out the best of all of them. He was the only one to stay at least.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Anyone know any reason why they're gone? I'm really happy to see Kirby and Mabry are out for whatever reason it is.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

ignore this post.

Last edited by Solomon : 11-27-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea that was from before the season....

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yea that was from before the season....

Oh wow. my mistake.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Kenny Philips is entering the draft. Hopefully campbell stays so the streak of first rounders can continue into next years draft. Also i hope reddick can stay healthy next season.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=748705

Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yeyoistheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
I honestly think Miami will beat Oklahoma
Lets hope so. I see Oklahoma having a good shot at going undefeated so if they trip up here that would be awesome. I am looking at a USC/Florida National Title game. Dare I say it both teams undefeated. With each having tough games against Ohio St and Georgia respectively. Also Arizona St may give USC some fits.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

Freeman transferred to Baylor, i take that as good news. Doesnt he have a huge U tatoo on his back? I thought i read that awhile back, wonder what he will do

Last edited by jbeans187 : 12-29-2007 at 12:32 PM.