Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-22-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LB Eric Houston to FB/H Back

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
LB Eric Houston to FB/H Back
I knew the kid in middle school and HS. He was garbage thru all of it. He has like 4 tackles at Miami. He ain't even seeing the field next year.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are going to be wearing black jerseys for one game this year. Not sure which game yet.

Sorry if that's been posted already.

Here are some 40 times for our guys.

1. Sam Shields, 4.28 seconds
2. Demarcus Van Dyke, 4.30
3. Ryan Hill, 4.43
4T. Kayne Farquharson, 4.50
4T. Randy Phillips, 4.50
6T. Javarris James, 4.51
6T. Graig Cooper, 4.51
6T. Leonard Hankerson, 4.51
9T. Richard Gordon, 4.53
9T. Carlos Armour, 4.53
11. Shawnbrey McNeal, 4.56
12. Colin McCarthy, 4.58

Tested by Swasey a few days ago.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
We are going to be wearing black jerseys for one game this year. Not sure which game yet.

Sorry if that's been posted already.

Here are some 40 times for our guys.

1. Sam Shields, 4.28 seconds
2. Demarcus Van Dyke, 4.30
3. Ryan Hill, 4.43
4T. Kayne Farquharson, 4.50
4T. Randy Phillips, 4.50
6T. Javarris James, 4.51
6T. Graig Cooper, 4.51
6T. Leonard Hankerson, 4.51
9T. Richard Gordon, 4.53
9T. Carlos Armour, 4.53
11. Shawnbrey McNeal, 4.56
12. Colin McCarthy, 4.58

Tested by Swasey a few days ago.
We got all this off the rivals article. Nothing new. Shields ran faster lsat season and everyone else is more or less at the same point. The only surprised is that walk-on, J Davis I think his name was? That kid tested better then most guys on here but couldn't get a scholly. Just goes to show you that measurables aren't everything.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Are these the only 40 times available?? Id like to see some of the young guys fortys like Aldarius, Spence, and Arthur.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the big gainer from last year was Hankerson. His shuttle, vertical, and 40 all improved. He really has worked hard since the end of the season.

Our team speed is simply where it doesn't need to be, and there was a troubling quote from Swasey about our nutrition program.. he says not one player is on a specific nutrition plan, only if it gets out of hand... which I think is a huge mistake.

The good news is that he is working more on cardio this year instead of brute strength. A lot of people say speed and strength were our problems last year, but IMO we were poorly conditioned. Take the BC game, where we ran out of gas, and also the UNC game where we clearly were dead halfway through the 4th.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Are these the only 40 times available?? Id like to see some of the young guys fortys like Aldarius, Spence, and Arthur.
Aldarius - 4.6
Arthur - 4.75
Spence - 4.76
Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Quote:
Aldarius - 4.6
Arthur - 4.75
Spence - 4.76
Thanks, you'd think all these numbers will improve over the next couple years of getting into the weight programs in college.

It be interesting to see what the three boys coming in from Booker T. Washington 40 times will be next spring.

Can't wait the summer when every one gets in and the depth chart plays out.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Thanks, you'd think all these numbers will improve over the next couple years of getting into the weight programs in college.

It be interesting to see what the three boys coming in from Booker T. Washington 40 times will be next spring.

Can't wait the summer when every one gets in and the depth chart plays out.
Yeah, I think our best incoming speed will be from the BTW kids. Harris, Collier, and DJ all are track stars and I think they'll improve the mean of the team speed considerably. Reportedly, Collier is the fastest and is expected to clock in around 4.35-4.40 (judging from his 100M times)
Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Marve's #'s next year? I expect them to be similar to Kyle's first season at the helm.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yeah, I think our best incoming speed will be from the BTW kids. Harris, Collier, and DJ all are track stars and I think they'll improve the mean of the team speed considerably. Reportedly, Collier is the fastest and is expected to clock in around 4.35-4.40 (judging from his 100M times)
What are his 100 times? Just curious

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope there is 1 first round pick from the Canes
Old 05-01-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't people talk about McCarthy as a possibility if he were to leave early? I think I remember hearing talk like that.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hope there is 1 first round pick from the Canes
I still got my money on Moncur, he improved immensely over last season, I expect the same this year, and I think he will put up good combine numbers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Didn't people talk about McCarthy as a possibility if he were to leave early? I think I remember hearing talk like that.
Seriously doubt it. He'll make a heck of a Cover 2 OLB prospect but he'd have to really play lights out this season to have a chance at the 1st round, just way too deep at LB in this draft and he's not reached that peak yet. He'd likely be in the 3rd round range like T-Good was this past season if McCarthy were to come out this year. He'll likely stick around to his senior year.

Moncur is most like candidate for our 1st rounder this year. If he has a good season, he should be able to sneak in as he is a heck of a DE (Better then Calais) and he should also make a very good 3-4 OLB prospect.

Darkhorses are also Javarris James and Jason Fox.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I still got my money on Moncur, he improved immensely over last season, I expect the same this year, and I think he will put up good combine numbers
Agreed. I have no doubt that Moncur will put up AMAZING numbers at the combine. He is a workout warrior for sure and if he has the season we are all expecting, he should be a 1st rounder without question.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on rivals website it said a big georgia prospect has us on top whats his name and position? by the way. which game is every1 looking forward too? mines gator and fsu and v-tech. although having the gators that early in might be a bad thing. and I have no idea if they'll air it in new england ct.

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 05-06-2008 at 01:32 PM.
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
on rivals website it said a big georgia prospect has us on top whats his name and position? by the way. which game is every1 looking forward too? mines gator and fsu and v-tech. although having the gators that early in might be a bad thing. and I have no idea if they'll air it in new england ct.
Charleston Southern

It's the first game of the year!

Plus, with such an inferior opponent, we'll probably get to see a lot of our new talented young guns in action!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 05-06-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably going to the UF game, might not be a good thing though. Looking forward to the UCF game too (might come down for that one too) so I can talk trash to all my friends when we win. :D

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I'm probably going to the UF game, might not be a good thing though. Looking forward to the UCF game too (might come down for that one too) so I can talk trash to all my friends when we win. :D
Haha, I will be attending the UF game as well. I really hope we shock the world in that one. Will be there with my cousin and his girlfriend (who goes to UF), me and my cousin are HUGE Canes fans and will be there decked out in full Orange & Green attire in the SWAMP!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Haha, I will be attending the UF game as well. I really hope we shock the world in that one. Will be there with my cousin and his girlfriend (who goes to UF), me and my cousin are HUGE Canes fans and will be there decked out in full Orange & Green attire in the SWAMP!
I did that last year up at FSU. I'm trying to get up to the UF game as well and will definately be tailing all day long when FSU comes to town.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I did that last year up at FSU. I'm trying to get up to the UF game as well and will definately be tailing all day long when FSU comes to town.
Nice, Same here!

Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Just saw that Courtney Harris may miss the season after hurting his achilles in practice, that's a big blow to our D-Line. With Bailey still recovering, Harris figured to get the bulk of that load opposite Moncur, as well as be a big part of our rotation this season. :(

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright I got an update for you guys, Brandon Washington and Ben Jones of Northwestern are still waiting on their scores from their second try on the ACT's from last saturday.

CJ Holton has said that he should be fine and he should be in class next Tuesday.

Also Gavin Hardin said he should be fine and he should be in class tuesday as well.

Also from what I have been scooping around is that CJ Odom and Antonio Harper did not get the scores they needed. (So im guessing there not coming this year, I have not heard if they were able to retake it.)

Also Zach Kane was arrested last saturday at a party where he was accussed of breaking a beer bottle over some kids head, he is not expected to be on campus next tuesday until the investigation clears up.

Well thats all I have for now

the only guys we are waiting on right now to see if they get in are.
Ben Jones
Brandon Washington
CJ Odom
Antonio Harper
and just in case if they were wrong.
CJ Holton
Gavin Hardin

also the rumors are false about Marcus Robinson having bad grades, he was already qualified.

Well thats all I have for now and remember to look around for info next tuesday to see who got in and who didn't.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomar View Post
Alright I got an update for you guys, Brandon Washington and Ben Jones of Northwestern are still waiting on their scores from their second try on the ACT's from last saturday.

CJ Holton has said that he should be fine and he should be in class next Tuesday.

Also Gavin Hardin said he should be fine and he should be in class tuesday as well.

Also from what I have been scooping around is that CJ Odom and Antonio Harper did not get the scores they needed. (So im guessing there not coming this year, I have not heard if they were able to retake it.)

Also Zach Kane was arrested last saturday at a party where he was accussed of breaking a beer bottle over some kids head, he is not expected to be on campus next tuesday until the investigation clears up.

Well thats all I have for now

the only guys we are waiting on right now to see if they get in are.
Ben Jones
Brandon Washington
CJ Odom
Antonio Harper
and just in case if they were wrong.
CJ Holton
Gavin Hardin

also the rumors are false about Marcus Robinson having bad grades, he was already qualified.

Well thats all I have for now and remember to look around for info next tuesday to see who got in and who didn't.
Them two o-lineman from Northwestern are big to get on campus. We need the o-line depth and to get in and push them older guys who haven't performed to their potential yet. Jones is a tackle and Washington can play both guard and tackle, but I heard he probably play guard.