Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Offense: Ken Dorsey, Clinton Portis, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Roscoe, Sinorice, Shockey, WINSLOW, Wayne, Romberg, Hester, Gore, and of the old-school guys that i've seen videos of: Irvin, Lamar Thomas, Thrill Hill, Kosar, Walsh!, Edge, Bratton, and Eddie Brown.

Defense: Taylor, Vilma, Wilfork, DJ, Reed, Morgan, Jennings, D. Lewis, Rumph, Sikes, W. Joseph, and then my favorite Cane Barrow, Sapp, Ro Marley, Ray Ray, Armstead, Maryland, Kennedy, Brown, Blades,

ahh. My favorite canes now are obviously Phillips and Campbell, but i also love Shields, Sharpton, RP, Baby J, and Sharpe.

My favorite Seminoles were Greg Jones, Peter Warrick, Charlie Ward, and of course, the Great Chris Rix.

What team do you guys hate the most? For me, it's tough between Florida and Notre Dame. But I have to give the edge to the Gators. Btw i found this on another site, about Notre Dame. I thought it was hilarious.

Bud Light Presents, "Real Men of Genius" (Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Notre Dame Fan. (Mr. Delusional Notre Dame Faaaaaan!) Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly high preseason ranking. (Clutching at straws!) You scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when the Irish lose to a grossly inferior opponent (How'd Navy score fifty fouuuuuur?) Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of National Championships won 40 years before you were born. (Those were the daaaaaays!) You will point out that you have more wins than any other program as though that is relevant to the current season. (Been playing since the 1870s!) Go on, ignore that home loss to your archrivals in the regular season finale and continue to believe that you'll defeat your bowl opponent with striking ease. (We'll win by thirteeeeeeey!) So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you don't finish in the top 25, you'll be back to number three when the preseason polls come out next year. (Mr.Delusional Notre Dame Fan!)
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would suggest two more names from the 80's to everyones favorite Canes' list. Alonzo Highsmith and the late Jerome Brown.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also here is a pretty cool Miami video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3nTKwwJ8i...elated&search=

Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely Florida. I can't stand the entire University, especially the football team. OSU isn't far behind.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of respect for Miami(except during the game). They owned us for six years and they have the edge in the series. I can not stand Florida at all. I have no respect for their team of fans. They are the biggest ***holes known to man. You can't argue with their fans because they can't hold a reasonable convo. I would say more, but I'm too lazy to type it all.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I respect florida st. too, because they're kinda like us..minus the championships. haha just kidding you guys are cool and have good fans. But Gator homers are incredible. We own them for 20 years, they refuse to play us, and then act as if they're the best team ever last year. I can't wait 'til next year when we play them. It's going to be so sweet when we murder them.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i respect FSU to a certain extent. i like a lot of their players. like Miami..they produce a lot of great talent. Oh .. and Rolle is a beast. wish Miami was his home instead
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing that 'Canes/Florida comeback game, I'm just wondering, what happened to Beard the reciever. He seemed like a playmaker from what I saw but I've never seen or heard of him before prior to this.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
i respect FSU to a certain extent. i like a lot of their players. like Miami..they produce a lot of great talent. Oh .. and Rolle is a beast. wish Michigan was his home instead
Yeah, me too ;)

On a different note, I don't get to watch too many Canes games but I really liked Javarris James last year and I enjoyed watching Greg Olsen. Merriweather was a ton of fun to watch too. I'm still waiting to see when all the hype around Lance Leggett is gonna turn into production.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Bubba Franks any good with Miami?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Wasn't Bubba Franks any good with Miami?
yes sirrrrr

he was a TD machine if i remember. also had a lot of nice highlight catches
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Don't make me get the video of the rain game. :P
You mean this one?:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-2JJb6klFiY
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Jhawk386

Miami just got commitments from LB's Ramon Buchanon and Lerentee McCray.

Studs. 4 *'s on Rivals
Old 07-08-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really nice recruiting class so far as long as Johnson stays.

I just realized the TAMU game is a Thursday night game. That should be pretty sweet.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-08-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Any chance Marve sees some time this year?

Or are they planning on redshirting him?

Old 07-08-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Depends on how he does in summer. He definitely will be in the competition. The starting QB job is still wide open and from what I've read they plan to include Marve.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-08-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patrick Johnson <3
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Patrick Johnson <3
GTFO USC boy, he's ours.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-08-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
GTFO USC boy, he's ours.

We gave you Josh Tatum though...

BTW has Josh told Shannon yet?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Randy Phillips any good?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He's alright and looked good in spring. If there's a weak link on the defense it's the CBs as of now though. It's a very deep group after Sharpe and Phillips, but hopefully someone steps up from either the older guys (Johnson, Armour) or the younger guys (Grant, DVD, Wiggins).

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I looked at the Canes offensive line depth chart, and it said Jason Fox is 6'6 265. I wonder if he's put on any more weight. He seems pretty athletic.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

That's what he played at last season so I'm sure he's put on some weight. He was injured all of spring though so I didn't get to see him and see if he got bigger.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Do you think Calais will measure 6'8 at the combine?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

If not 6-8 a high 6-7. He won't show up and be 6-5 like Kiwanuka.

<njx9> <3 dg