Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a RB at a small, typically bad at football type school I want to say in West Broward or West Dade, I cannot remember his name for the life of me but he is not on your list and I thought his video looked impressive as hell...speedster guy and they already love him at the camps.

Does this ring a bell, Joey or anyone?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Awesome job as always Joey. That class looks like possibly the greatest in UM history.

Gainer is the best back in Dade I think. I hope we pick the right RB's to take.

I think it's

Gore - MIami
Gainer - Miami
Clements - FSU
Lamb - UF
Bernard - ???

I doubt Lamb will get an offer from UF or any of the big three. I could see Bernard going to UF though.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I doubt Lamb will get an offer from UF or any of the big three. I could see Bernard going to UF though.
Corvin Lamb is the fastest player in Florida. There's no way he will not get an offer from UF. They love him.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Corvin Lamb is the fastest player in Florida. There's no way he will not get an offer from UF. They love him.
Maybe you're right, but I'd also think that if they really did love him that much they would have offered him by now. UF has to be the first to offer South Florida players usually to get them away from Miami, especially a MNW guy.

See: Demar Dorsey.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UF will be able to get Lamb, It's gonna be tough for him to get a Miami offer considering the amount of traditional RB's in Dade with Gainer, Gore, Clements, and Bernard. Lamb is more of a Jeffrey Demps type player.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

UF could land Lamb if they offered him the day before NSD. He isn't getting any Miami or FSU offers and he isn't a typical MNW kid.

Anyways, for my money these are the guys I think Miami has sealed up easily if they want them and these are the guys they are gonna have to put in some time with:

Easy Targets:
WR- Quentin Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
WR- Willis Wright, Miami Springs (FL) Miami Springs
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (WL250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aqunias
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
OL- Jacob Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage
DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Lyndon Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
WR- Michaelee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern
ATH- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
K- Jose Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Will need some work:
RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (WL250)
OL-Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (WL250) 5* Candidate
LB- LeNerick Reddick, Miami (FL) Miami Central
CB- Cody Riggs, Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
S- Demeterius Pettaway, Homestead (FL) Homestead
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (WL250)
DL- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St. John’s Prep (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (WL250) 5* Candidate
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

Highest Priority IMO:
QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Miami (FL) Southwest (WL250) 5* Candidate
OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (WL250) 5* Candidate
TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (WL250)

Longshots:
RB- Corvin Lamb, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250)
WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (WL250)
WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA)Gainesville HS
OL- Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Cathloic
LB- Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades (WL250)
LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell
LB- Khairi Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford (WL250)
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (WL250)

Last edited by JoeyJr09 : 02-04-2009 at 09:54 PM.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
UF could land Lamb if they offered him the day before NSD. He isn't getting any Miami or FSU offers and he isn't a typical MNW kid.

Anyways, for my money these are the guys I think Miami has sealed up easily if they want them and these are the guys they are gonna have to put in some time with:

Easy Targets:

Will need some work:

Highest Priority IMO:

Longshots:
That looks like a great list. I knew it looked like a strong year for Miami talent next season, but wow, it will be loaded next year for us.

Do you know of any that are Miami leans right now other than Gore?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
That looks like a great list. I knew it looked like a strong year for Miami talent next season, but wow, it will be loaded next year for us.

Do you know of any that are Miami leans right now other than Gore?
Most of the kids on the "easy targets" list are Miami leans.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Glad you said it.

I didn't wanna come across as an ass for stating the obvious.

lol.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

My top five wish list from Joey's list -

1. Joyner - Beast and I think you all know how much I like Joyner.
2. Cody Riggs - He will not test great at the combine, but Riggs is a player. He is a ball hawking corner who will just get results year after year.
3. Brandon Linder - Could start year 1 at center and anchor that line for four years. I know he is a Cane and in our backyard and rumors are he might have already committed, but I still worry about Notre Dame and Florida with him.
4. Robert Crisp - We need to sign an elite prep tackle.
5. Alec Ogletree - Straight up, he is a difference maker from day 1.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Robert Crisp is a god damned beast and is almost as good as Henderson IMO. Those measurables are ridiculous.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

My top 5 wants in this class:

1.) Blake Bell
2.) LeMarcus Joyner
3.) Ted Meline
4.) Gerald Christian
5.) Louis Nix

I just listed most of the on the fence guys. I left all the "sure things" off as most of the BTW, MNW and a couple others seem destined to come here.

Robert Crisp is a huge longshot IMO.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is pretty nice. My favorite prospects that I hope we land right now are Gore, Trail, Jose, Wilson, Joyner, and Clements.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
That is pretty nice. My favorite prospects that I hope we land right now are Gore, Trail, Jose, Wilson, Joyner, and Clements.
Outside of Joyner, we get all those guys if we decide to offer.

Clements is only other guy we'd have to really recruit but looks like he is the 3rd RB on our list and we are only taking 2 this year.

BTW....Am I the only one that thinks Jose is really overrated?

He looks like a typical 3* prospect to me. I don't even think he's Jared Wheeler good. But he does have some big upside.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Outside of Joyner, we get all those guys if we decide to offer.

Clements is only other guy we'd have to really recruit but looks like he is the 3rd RB on our list and we are only taking 2 this year.

BTW....Am I the only one that thinks Jose is really overrated?

He looks like a typical 3* prospect to me. I don't even think he's Jared Wheeler good. But he does have some big upside.
Who are other 2, Gore and who else?

And I think Jose is pretty solid, but has HUGE potential.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Who are other 2, Gore and who else?

And I think Jose is pretty solid, but has HUGE potential.
Brandon Gainer. I think he's better than Gore and the best RB in Dade
Old 02-05-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Brandon Gainer. I think he's better than Gore and the best RB in Dade
Really? Wow... but I think Clements is the real deal as well.

I guess this one will be settled next year. :)

I can't wait! I'm already salivating thinking about next year's class. It's going to be EPIC!!

Anyone have any idea when they release the 1st 100 of 2010?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Really? Wow... but I think Clements is the real deal as well.

I guess this one will be settled next year. :)

I can't wait! I'm already salivating thinking about next year's class. It's going to be EPIC!!

Anyone have any idea when they release the 1st 100 of 2010?
Top 10 should be released sometime this week.

First top 100 in June usually
Old 02-05-2009, 08:18 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Gainer and Gore are the 2 best backs in dade next year.

Clements did not play well at all his JR year and hes already said hes gunshy about coming and having so many backs ahead of him on our roster.

Rather a kid like that go to FSU then here.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

Quote:

Easy Targets:

Will need some work:

Highest Priority IMO:

Longshots:
For easy targets I would add OL Jon Ragoo, CB Ravonne Carter,CB Richard Leonnard, and RB Hosey Williams. What do u guys think our chances are with Joyner?

Dior Mathis and Alec Olgtree are heavy Miami leans. Also I heard 3 St. Thomas players are about to commit. Any 1 think we can get sum early.

WR Keiwone Malone is a Mia lean, but I dont think we offered yet.

Last edited by fresssh : 02-05-2009 at 01:36 PM.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys convince a guy like Gore to come in after just pulling those three backs this season? That's rediculous.

Same thing I wondered with USC-W's tailback situation I guess. I just don't get some of these kids choices.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Gainer is the best RB from Dade, but isn't he the only one of the "main 4" that we haven't offered yet? Gore, Clements and Bernard have offers already.

Also, what about Jeffrey Godfrey? He's in the same mold as Highsmith, but put up similar numbers in his Jr. year to Highsmith's Sr. year. Is he a backup plan to Bell or are we looking at more than 1 QB?

BamaFalcon: Gore is Frank's cousin and grew up a UM fan, like most of our commits. Being part of the family is more important than PT. I don't think Gore is anywhere near as good as Brown, Miller or James but he can compete.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How do you guys convince a guy like Gore to come in after just pulling those three backs this season? That's rediculous.

Same thing I wondered with USC-W's tailback situation I guess. I just don't get some of these kids choices.
We're The U.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

<---- not a fan of Jose Jose either. He has to lose an entire 16 year old girl and keep it off in order to be effective and who knows what will happen when/if he can accomplish that?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
BamaFalcon: Gore is Frank's cousin and grew up a UM fan, like most of our commits. Being part of the family is more important than PT. I don't think Gore is anywhere near as good as Brown, Miller or James but he can compete.
Don't sleep on Gore. He has small yes, but he has some serious cuts+speed and I guarantee he will make a large impact at Miami.

Sort of reminds of the Sinorice Moss situation when everyone was saying we were only taking him because of his bro and he wasn't Miami material...

EDIT: Also, I realize you are not saying he isn't Miami material, etk, just that some people are...wasn't calling you out on it. He is a much different back than the 3 (or two) we are bringing in, so I can't compare them like you did, but I do think he is a high quality player that will produce.

Last edited by Hollywood : 02-05-2009 at 01:49 PM.